R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-31-2008, 12:22 PM   #46
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

The new Havoc Spec systems will begin shipping Friday.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:59 PM   #47
Got a little Captain in ya??

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Need help fast--havak/8.5 system brand new it keeps cuting out I have reprogramed several times and it keeps doing it. L.E.D. code mightbe telling me a rotor detection lock. Could this unit be bad from the factory????? Help please
Gilley11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:42 AM   #48
Got a little Captain in ya??

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

So I'm guessing I'm the only one.
Gilley11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:38 AM   #49
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

buddy had a similar problem, all his wasthe plug for receiver wire had come loose a little bit. Make sure all the connections are tight and reset the speed control.

| GFRP/HD Assault | GFRP/HD Assault LM (x2) |
| X Factory x-6 squared |
MiniT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:13 AM   #50
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to trdsupra88

I would like to get the 8.5 ribbed for my buggy...
Old 01-19-2009, 10:30 PM   #51
Tech Apprentice

Talking

IN STORES NOW!
BUY EM UP!
Im About to buy my 13.5! Ill post back to let you know what I think
Old 02-04-2009, 10:55 PM   #52
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation

How is this thing doing? Anyone using the setup? How is it? I'm holding off maybe for something better so far because i havent heard or seen anything about the havoc. Can anyone persuade me to buy this or is it a waste ??
Old 02-05-2009, 11:19 AM   #53
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klen420 View Post
How is this thing doing? Anyone using the setup? How is it? I'm holding off maybe for something better so far because i havent heard or seen anything about the havoc. Can anyone persuade me to buy this or is it a waste ??
My buddy and I have been using the Havoc systems in VTA racing and 17.5/rubber tire touring car racing for a couple weeks. For $150, you won't find a better system. Is the Havoc going to win a ROAR National Championship? I doubt it, but it's great for club racing....especially VTA. Just my 2 cents.
cla5675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:41 AM   #54
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have one in my BK1. At first it seemed great running it in my driveway, but at the track I noticed as I get further away from it on the track, it starts cutting out.

I thought this was my transmitter or reciever so I swapped out from another car, same problem.

When it cuts out the steering is fine, but the throttle will just go away.

I need to call novak and ask WTF is going on.
XXX-T - Stock Truck
XXX4+g
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:43 AM   #55
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to y2kgtp Send a message via Yahoo to y2kgtp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
I have one in my BK1. At first it seemed great running it in my driveway, but at the track I noticed as I get further away from it on the track, it starts cutting out.

I thought this was my transmitter or reciever so I swapped out from another car, same problem.

When it cuts out the steering is fine, but the throttle will just go away.

I need to call novak and ask WTF is going on.
cutting out as in, loosing throttle?
Old 03-03-2009, 08:33 AM   #56
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kgtp View Post
cutting out as in, loosing throttle?
Yes, losing throttle but not steering.

I've checked connections, re-routed my wires, the problem seemed to improve but it's still having issues.

At the track it seems to go dead in the air sometimes such that I can't control the attitude of the car.

I've checked the connections but I'm pretty much out of ideas now.

It's pretty damn frustrating. I called novak and they said that it must be a problem with my install or the fact that I am using an AM radio. I told them that I also tried my FM with no change. I have the havoc installed exactly like the XBR in my truck which has no issues.

I'm going to move it to my XXX4 and see if the problem persists.
XXX-T - Stock Truck
XXX4+g
Old 03-03-2009, 09:36 AM   #57
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Yes, losing throttle but not steering.

I've checked connections, re-routed my wires, the problem seemed to improve but it's still having issues.

At the track it seems to go dead in the air sometimes such that I can't control the attitude of the car.

I've checked the connections but I'm pretty much out of ideas now.

It's pretty damn frustrating. I called novak and they said that it must be a problem with my install or the fact that I am using an AM radio. I told them that I also tried my FM with no change. I have the havoc installed exactly like the XBR in my truck which has no issues.

I'm going to move it to my XXX4 and see if the problem persists.
I am having this problem also in my TC4, I will be running find and all of a sudden I lose throttle and have to wait for it to roll to a complete stop before it will take off again. In my troubleshooting I found that I get a blue amber light until it stops spinning wheels and turns back red then I can give it throttle again. I read the light code guide and it said something about a jamming drive train but this is not happening as it cuts out on throttle control but keeps rolling. I did take my drive train apart and found nothing binding as I suspected. The only other thing I am starting to suspect is that my servo tape , the same I use to hold everything else down in all my cars,keeps coming loose and letting the ESC wobble around a bit.I change the tape to a new piece and it comes loose again after a few runs. Is anybody else experiencing these problems??
Snotbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #58
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbyrd View Post
I am having this problem also in my TC4, I will be running find and all of a sudden I lose throttle and have to wait for it to roll to a complete stop before it will take off again. In my troubleshooting I found that I get a blue amber light until it stops spinning wheels and turns back red then I can give it throttle again. I read the light code guide and it said something about a jamming drive train but this is not happening as it cuts out on throttle control but keeps rolling. I did take my drive train apart and found nothing binding as I suspected. The only other thing I am starting to suspect is that my servo tape , the same I use to hold everything else down in all my cars,keeps coming loose and letting the ESC wobble around a bit.I change the tape to a new piece and it comes loose again after a few runs. Is anybody else experiencing these problems??
I was having the same trouble as well(stearing but not throtal)I found out my esc settings were making it thermal.I had break set at 8 and drag break full and drive setting set at 5. I installed a fan on the esc and it stoped it
yupwhateverusay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #59
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to y2kgtp Send a message via Yahoo to y2kgtp

I don't know...all this reading is making me hesitant for the Novak Havoc for a 13.5T setup when I finally go that route.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:53 AM   #60
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kgtp View Post
I don't know...all this reading is making me hesitant for the Novak Havoc for a 13.5T setup when I finally go that route.
I can understand that, I'm pretty frustrated with mine.

I have an XBR in my XXX-T which is very similar to the havoc and it's been absolutely perfect. That actually prompted me to buy the havoc (well that and the price). Once I start running out of more ideas I will put the havoc in the truck and the XBR in my buggy and see if the problem follows the ESC.

I'm not going to say don't buy a havoc yet....but if I spend a bunch more time/money on it I might be willing to say that.
XXX-T - Stock Truck
XXX4+g