R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-31-2008, 12:22 PM   #46
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,891
Default

The new Havoc Spec systems will begin shipping Friday.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:59 PM   #47
Got a little Captain in ya??
 
Gilley11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rockford,Il
Posts: 1,423
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Need help fast--havak/8.5 system brand new it keeps cuting out I have reprogramed several times and it keeps doing it. L.E.D. code mightbe telling me a rotor detection lock. Could this unit be bad from the factory????? Help please
Gilley11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:42 AM   #48
Got a little Captain in ya??
 
Gilley11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rockford,Il
Posts: 1,423
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

So I'm guessing I'm the only one.
Gilley11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:38 AM   #49
Tech Regular
 
MiniT21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 487
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

buddy had a similar problem, all his wasthe plug for receiver wire had come loose a little bit. Make sure all the connections are tight and reset the speed control.
__________________
| Team GFRP | Hyperdrive | C&M Bodies | Canham Graphics |


| GFRP/HD Assault | GFRP/HD Assault LM (x2) |
| X Factory x-6 squared |
MiniT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:13 AM   #50
Tech Elite
 
trdsupra88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southwest
Posts: 2,531
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to trdsupra88
Default

I would like to get the 8.5 ribbed for my buggy...
__________________
I cut my own hair ☆
trdsupra88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:30 PM   #51
Tech Apprentice
 
Klen420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 94
Talking

IN STORES NOW!
BUY EM UP!
Im About to buy my 13.5! Ill post back to let you know what I think
__________________
Losi XXX-CR Xcelorin 17.5
Klen420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:55 PM   #52
Tech Apprentice
 
Klen420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 94
Exclamation

How is this thing doing? Anyone using the setup? How is it? I'm holding off maybe for something better so far because i havent heard or seen anything about the havoc. Can anyone persuade me to buy this or is it a waste ??
__________________
Losi XXX-CR Xcelorin 17.5
Klen420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:19 AM   #53
Tech Addict
 
cla5675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Greene County, OH
Posts: 672
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klen420 View Post
How is this thing doing? Anyone using the setup? How is it? I'm holding off maybe for something better so far because i havent heard or seen anything about the havoc. Can anyone persuade me to buy this or is it a waste ??
My buddy and I have been using the Havoc systems in VTA racing and 17.5/rubber tire touring car racing for a couple weeks. For $150, you won't find a better system. Is the Havoc going to win a ROAR National Championship? I doubt it, but it's great for club racing....especially VTA. Just my 2 cents.
cla5675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:41 AM   #54
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edmonds, AZ
Posts: 287
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I have one in my BK1. At first it seemed great running it in my driveway, but at the track I noticed as I get further away from it on the track, it starts cutting out.

I thought this was my transmitter or reciever so I swapped out from another car, same problem.

When it cuts out the steering is fine, but the throttle will just go away.

I need to call novak and ask WTF is going on.
__________________
Race:
Hyper 10 SC
SC10
XXX-T - Stock Truck
XXX4+g
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:43 AM   #55
Tech Elite
 
y2kgtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 2,559
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to y2kgtp Send a message via Yahoo to y2kgtp
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
I have one in my BK1. At first it seemed great running it in my driveway, but at the track I noticed as I get further away from it on the track, it starts cutting out.

I thought this was my transmitter or reciever so I swapped out from another car, same problem.

When it cuts out the steering is fine, but the throttle will just go away.

I need to call novak and ask WTF is going on.
cutting out as in, loosing throttle?
__________________
"Yes my car is technically illegal, but still its either just as fast or slower than any other car on the track so whats the issue with it being illegal?"
y2kgtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:33 AM   #56
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edmonds, AZ
Posts: 287
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kgtp View Post
cutting out as in, loosing throttle?
Yes, losing throttle but not steering.

I've checked connections, re-routed my wires, the problem seemed to improve but it's still having issues.

At the track it seems to go dead in the air sometimes such that I can't control the attitude of the car.

I've checked the connections but I'm pretty much out of ideas now.

It's pretty damn frustrating. I called novak and they said that it must be a problem with my install or the fact that I am using an AM radio. I told them that I also tried my FM with no change. I have the havoc installed exactly like the XBR in my truck which has no issues.

I'm going to move it to my XXX4 and see if the problem persists.
__________________
Race:
Hyper 10 SC
SC10
XXX-T - Stock Truck
XXX4+g
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:36 AM   #57
Tech Apprentice
 
Snotbyrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Yes, losing throttle but not steering.

I've checked connections, re-routed my wires, the problem seemed to improve but it's still having issues.

At the track it seems to go dead in the air sometimes such that I can't control the attitude of the car.

I've checked the connections but I'm pretty much out of ideas now.

It's pretty damn frustrating. I called novak and they said that it must be a problem with my install or the fact that I am using an AM radio. I told them that I also tried my FM with no change. I have the havoc installed exactly like the XBR in my truck which has no issues.

I'm going to move it to my XXX4 and see if the problem persists.
I am having this problem also in my TC4, I will be running find and all of a sudden I lose throttle and have to wait for it to roll to a complete stop before it will take off again. In my troubleshooting I found that I get a blue amber light until it stops spinning wheels and turns back red then I can give it throttle again. I read the light code guide and it said something about a jamming drive train but this is not happening as it cuts out on throttle control but keeps rolling. I did take my drive train apart and found nothing binding as I suspected. The only other thing I am starting to suspect is that my servo tape , the same I use to hold everything else down in all my cars,keeps coming loose and letting the ESC wobble around a bit.I change the tape to a new piece and it comes loose again after a few runs. Is anybody else experiencing these problems??
Snotbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #58
Tech Rookie
 
yupwhateverusay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hamilton ON. CANADA
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbyrd View Post
I am having this problem also in my TC4, I will be running find and all of a sudden I lose throttle and have to wait for it to roll to a complete stop before it will take off again. In my troubleshooting I found that I get a blue amber light until it stops spinning wheels and turns back red then I can give it throttle again. I read the light code guide and it said something about a jamming drive train but this is not happening as it cuts out on throttle control but keeps rolling. I did take my drive train apart and found nothing binding as I suspected. The only other thing I am starting to suspect is that my servo tape , the same I use to hold everything else down in all my cars,keeps coming loose and letting the ESC wobble around a bit.I change the tape to a new piece and it comes loose again after a few runs. Is anybody else experiencing these problems??
I was having the same trouble as well(stearing but not throtal)I found out my esc settings were making it thermal.I had break set at 8 and drag break full and drive setting set at 5. I installed a fan on the esc and it stoped it
yupwhateverusay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #59
Tech Elite
 
y2kgtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 2,559
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to y2kgtp Send a message via Yahoo to y2kgtp
Default

I don't know...all this reading is making me hesitant for the Novak Havoc for a 13.5T setup when I finally go that route.
__________________
"Yes my car is technically illegal, but still its either just as fast or slower than any other car on the track so whats the issue with it being illegal?"
y2kgtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:53 AM   #60
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edmonds, AZ
Posts: 287
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kgtp View Post
I don't know...all this reading is making me hesitant for the Novak Havoc for a 13.5T setup when I finally go that route.
I can understand that, I'm pretty frustrated with mine.

I have an XBR in my XXX-T which is very similar to the havoc and it's been absolutely perfect. That actually prompted me to buy the havoc (well that and the price). Once I start running out of more ideas I will put the havoc in the truck and the XBR in my buggy and see if the problem follows the ESC.

I'm not going to say don't buy a havoc yet....but if I spend a bunch more time/money on it I might be willing to say that.
__________________
Race:
Hyper 10 SC
SC10
XXX-T - Stock Truck
XXX4+g
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OFNA HyperST Mini Da Wizard Electric Off-Road 395 08-24-2011 07:37 AM
good budget brushless speed control mxracer458 Electric Off-Road 7 07-21-2009 10:47 AM
Novak GTB vs Havoc Systems Twism86 Radio and Electronics 15 05-29-2009 11:16 PM
Novak GTB/Velociti Racing Brushless System 4.5 sixsix1 Radio and Electronics 8 04-18-2009 08:27 PM
sensored or sensorless cassidy Electric Off-Road 14 04-13-2009 04:01 PM
Novak Havoc Spec Brushless System: 10.5, 13.5, 17.5, & 21.5 reenmachine Electric On-Road 31 02-03-2009 02:58 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:32 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net