Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi Desert Truck >

Losi Desert Truck

Losi Desert Truck

Old 12-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TwoTone
Have you sent your truck off the corner of a 12ft quarter pipe at the local Skate park?

He is asking about a truck for his son, not an adult experienced driver- HUGE difference. Thats why I asked his son age. If older and ready to race that makes a difference.

You willing to let my 6 year old drive your truck and see if he can break it?

My son and his 3 friends will hit each other at full speed head on, bet you can't find 2 Desert truck owners willing to do that.
My kids did the head on thing with a couple XXX-NT RTR's......front arms went everywhere.....
Old 12-02-2008, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R40Victim
That's because they were originally designed for racing, not bashing. Traxxas makes better bashers; tough, and fun, but pathetic handling. Racers are designed to minimize weight, and improve handling.

Really it comes down to what you plan to use it for. The DT is a nice way to get into stadium trucks, and the Slash is a nice way to get into the Slash class.

And if your son is new to driving this should answer your question as to what will hold up the best.

Both are fun, let us know what santa puts under the tree for him
Old 12-21-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Addict

Very good truck.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just saw this thread, and I'm not sure if anyone is looking at it any more, but my son is 3 and I have him a 1/10 scale losi desert truck. The think handles great and he hasn't broken anything... yet?

We took it to a track and and one point he ran into the pvc guard rail full speed and sent the thing rolling. I heard several comments about how tough the truck was to not break a single thing with that crash.

On a final note... my son is 3 and it is so good at handling, he really doesn't crash it too much, other than occasionally running into the launch ramps that we use to jump in the yard. I would give it a 9 out of 10 considering the price. The only reason I don't give it a 10 because there is no such thing as a 10 because there is no such thing as perfect.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

whatever you do dont get that truck it sucks i have a friend with one and it and he is constantly replacing parts because it is not designed very well losi have a couple of good cars but that is a bad one