Wiki Posts
Search

kicked out of a stock class?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beeanner
After racing at this track for years and knowing the owners fairly well I can pretty much say that they are attempting to make the series fair. A person running stock who is possibly going to win ever round of the series by a huge margin isnt fair for others who enter the class of their caliber. I agree with their decision to bump you out Snake. Not trying to be rude, but you have no business in the stock class anyways.

I understand your reason to run stock, more people. But you need to see that you have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy more skills then the guys running stock on a normal basis. If you were not blowing the normal stock guys away by 1 to 2 laps a nite I would agree with your argument. I run mod on a constant basis (and cant hit the broadside of a barn this year thank you) but I know the skill level im at, and I run the class that is going to help improve my skills and provide me with more enjoyment if I do win. Whats enjoyable about blistering your competition everynite by 2 laps?

I can understand your frustration about the low turn outs lately. We all can. Attendence will pick up now that the rutt rutt gas season is over here. Instead of whinning about being moved up in class, meet the challenge head on. Take it as a compliment that you have the skills to compete with the mod drivers and go improve even more.
to make a series fair u have rules. rules are stock buggy 13.5bl and lipo. check and check. no where in the rules does it say anything about consistantcy........no where listed is a defining line of what makes a person being bumped up or out.... again bean this isn't a sportsman class this is stock buggy, if they guys are bleeding that bad maybe they should move down to sportsman.......
20 bucks to race against 2 others? the 2 others should go to the bigger class then if they want someone to race against, that is what i did, i ran stock with the required gear to race against the most ppl. it is a hobby and is supposed to be fun, discrimination isn't fun or very good way too have your track look good....

btw i haven't seen you at the track in a bit, hope ur feeling better, would have been cool for you to make hutch....
Old 12-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Even after reading the thread on the Hobby shops website (and they linked to this thread as well) I still don't see a confirmation of why you got pulled from stock.

Nothing in the 1 page rules says if you are too good a driver you might get removed from the points series.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Tech Adept

Did anywhere in my post did I say stock was the novice class? No I did not.
i don't think he would imply that stock racers have no skills.......
Old 12-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

After racing at this track for years and knowing the owners fairly well I can pretty much say that they are attempting to make the series fair. A person running stock who is possibly going to win ever round of the series by a huge margin isnt fair for others who enter the class of their caliber. I agree with their decision to bump you out Snake. Not trying to be rude, but you have no business in the stock class anyways.

I understand your reason to run stock, more people. But you need to see that you have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy more skills then the guys running stock on a normal basis. If you were not blowing the normal stock guys away by 1 to 2 laps a nite I would agree with your argument. I run mod on a constant basis (and cant hit the broadside of a barn this year thank you) but I know the skill level im at, and I run the class that is going to help improve my skills and provide me with more enjoyment if I do win. Whats enjoyable about blistering your competition everynite by 2 laps?

I can understand your frustration about the low turn outs lately. We all can. Attendence will pick up now that the rutt rutt gas season is over here. Instead of whinning about being moved up in class, meet the challenge head on. Take it as a compliment that you have the skills to compete with the mod drivers and go improve even more.
Not picking on you Beener, but I've NEVER understood this attitude. How does kicking someone out of the class who is following the rules "fair"? If the given reason is "because you'll win" doesn't sound very fair to me. To me stock class is a spec motor class, NOT an ability level class. The guy seems to be following the rules of the class and winning fairly, so why punish him? I understand not having enough people at your track to break it up into sportsman and expert stock classes, but with any kind of racing there are going to be winners and losers. If you're going to use stock/mod as your sportsman/expert classes, would you ever consider banning someone from mod because they're too slow?
Old 12-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by y2kgtp
Even after reading the thread on the Hobby shops website (and they linked to this thread as well) I still don't see a confirmation of why you got pulled from stock.

Nothing in the 1 page rules says if you are too good a driver you might get removed from the points series.
That is exactly what i am talking about, intresting how they were quick to reply, now its a ghost town.....
Old 12-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I also think it's suspicious that a Track Owner is running in the points series they set up in the first place.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SnakeBait
to make a series fair u have rules. rules are stock buggy 13.5bl and lipo. check and check. no where in the rules does it say anything about consistantcy........no where listed is a defining line of what makes a person being bumped up or out.... again bean this isn't a sportsman class this is stock buggy, if they guys are bleeding that bad maybe they should move down to sportsman.......
20 bucks to race against 2 others? the 2 others should go to the bigger class then if they want someone to race against, that is what i did, i ran stock with the required gear to race against the most ppl. it is a hobby and is supposed to be fun, discrimination isn't fun or very good way too have your track look good....

btw i haven't seen you at the track in a bit, hope ur feeling better, would have been cool for you to make hutch....
Im feeling much better. Thanks for the kind words.

I hope I didnt come across as rude, I wasnt trying to come across that way. I just feel that you could be very competitive in mod and would like to see you come run it. Granted I wouldnt be any competition for you, im old, bald and a has been never was.

I agree that there needs to be more explination and clarification as to why you cant run stock, or some set of limits as to when and if you get bumped out. But, I can say from knowing both owners for a good time its nothing personal and they are not doing it to run off your business. I do hope that you return to racing there. It is not good for the hobby when something of this nature runs off good racers.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by y2kgtp
I also think it's suspicious that a Track Owner is running in the points series they set up in the first place.
I like to see i am not the only one viewing this as a little fishy. kicks me out of stock class so he can run in it and better his chance at winning. his times are just as fast as mine. why is he scared? looks like a fixed points system...
Old 12-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JamesArluck
Not picking on you Beener, but I've NEVER understood this attitude. How does kicking someone out of the class who is following the rules "fair"? If the given reason is "because you'll win" doesn't sound very fair to me. To me stock class is a spec motor class, NOT an ability level class. The guy seems to be following the rules of the class and winning fairly, so why punish him? I understand not having enough people at your track to break it up into sportsman and expert stock classes, but with any kind of racing there are going to be winners and losers. If you're going to use stock/mod as your sportsman/expert classes, would you ever consider banning someone from mod because they're too slow?
I would be the first one they kicked out of mod! I dont like your reasoning. LOL.

I do understand what you are trying to convey. And i do agree. Im just old old school, when you got to winning in stock on a constant basis by a good margin you were bumped to mod. And yes, there are people who shouldnt run mod and be removed (ive been one of those guys the past few times out. lol)

What would make this whole thing easy. Get rid of stock, mod, sportsman, 19t bald guy class, ect. and have 2wd, 4wd, and truck run what ya brung. But again, thats just my views.

In the long run it comes down to one simple thing. We are racing toy cars for bowling trophies, enjoy the hell out of it while ya can!
Old 12-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Implying that stock if for lesser skilled racers is like saying its a novice class. Stock is another class that is for closer racing. When you start bumping people out of stock class that is like saying there is another skill level.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

In the long run it comes down to one simple thing. We are racing toy cars for bowling trophies, enjoy the hell out of it while ya can!
You're getting bowling trophies??? Not fair mister!
Old 12-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Im feeling much better. Thanks for the kind words.

I hope I didnt come across as rude, I wasnt trying to come across that way. I just feel that you could be very competitive in mod and would like to see you come run it. Granted I wouldnt be any competition for you, im old, bald and a has been never was.

I agree that there needs to be more explination and clarification as to why you cant run stock, or some set of limits as to when and if you get bumped out. But, I can say from knowing both owners for a good time its nothing personal and they are not doing it to run off your business. I do hope that you return to racing there. It is not good for the hobby when something of this nature runs off good racers.

you must still be sick, your the bean, plus my big ears would only block your view on the stand :-p

stock is just as competitive and has more racers, maybe when mod guys don't show they could run with the more the marrier.

thanks for the invite but i as of now i am done racing and supporting a place that pulls games of this nature. after all the one who tells me i can't run stock is the one who goes out and runs just as fast as me. seems a lil fixed and if thats how they operate i dont think its a track worth going to. they can't win fairly so they will change the rules to accomodate themselves.

honestly how is it better for the sport or the hobby if you run off ppl because this is racing and you do have to compete in a race to win? if they don't want to compete then why have a place to race at or host racing?
Old 12-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DerekEngland
You're getting bowling trophies??? Not fair mister!
I havent won a trophy in a long time. Only thing I get an award for is most Dr Peppers drank in one race nite.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What would make this whole thing easy. Get rid of stock, mod, sportsman, 19t bald guy class, ect. and have 2wd, 4wd, and truck run what ya brung. But again, thats just my views.
How about if they did that and you raced mod. That way there are a bunch of people on the track you can "race" but you would be competing in the series with the mod guys? 2 Classes, 2 points series races in one race. How does that sound or are you going to poo poo that idea so you can still wallup the stock guys and take the points series?

BTW, what is at stake in this points series? Money, Trophy, Recognition, Entry to the Worlds? What... Is it really worth all of this? Like your buddy said

We are racing toy cars for bowling trophies, enjoy the hell out of it while ya can!
Old 12-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Heres what I would consider. Stock motor or not how many laps are being turned?
As in could a break out rule be applied to separate the skill level. If there running 2 mod racers then they could have 2 classes of stock with 3 each. ( Sportsman and expert ).

Sounds like the only solution.?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.