R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2008, 10:53 AM   #91
Tech Elite
 
y2kgtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 2,559
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to y2kgtp Send a message via Yahoo to y2kgtp
Default

No other tracks to go to?
__________________
"Yes my car is technically illegal, but still its either just as fast or slower than any other car on the track so whats the issue with it being illegal?"
y2kgtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:56 AM   #92
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 207
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdMod View Post
Yeah, but dude, if you dont go back the whiners win!! And man you dont have to run big motor in mod. I ran a 13.5 a few weeks back and finished 3rd in the A mod. It's all about driving what's comfortable for you.
i would consider going back to race again if the owners issued me an apology with a EXPLANATION why i couldnt run in stock class.. after all it was stock and my gear met stock requirements and i did spend time and money just to get there to begin with. but so far they won't say why this was to even start....
SnakeBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:59 AM   #93
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAlford View Post
It is important to note that this rule only applies to this series. Normal club races or their bigger races it is not an issue.


RULE???
What rule? Only locals get to participate in a series? Sounds like a bunch of cry babies to me. If they can't win with skill they will use politics.

Snakebait you are better off without a bunch of loosers like that, it does such that there are no tracks closer to you. I guess no competition is what keeps them in buisness, lord knows they don't want any on the track either.
__________________
"It's like his brain is running a 64p spur and 48p pinion, sometimes it will engage and work but mostly it just makes a terrible noise"
Stallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:01 AM   #94
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 207
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kgtp View Post
No other tracks to go to?
well mikes hobby shop in dallas is 4-5hrs away
hutch ks is about 4hrs away
chillicothe mo is about 5hrs away
SnakeBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:09 AM   #95
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Posts: 3,405
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBait View Post
i would consider going back to race again if the owners issued me an apology with a EXPLANATION why i couldnt run in stock class.. after all it was stock and my gear met stock requirements and i did spend time and money just to get there to begin with. but so far they won't say why this was to even start....
dude it would be my personal goal to go back there and make them sorry on the track! They can tell you they are sorry, but words are words.Now a true hang your head in shame a$$ whoopin? That cant be 2 face back peddled talked around!
__________________
*Vandal 4wd Late model*XXX-T sprinter*Micro scale specialties 1/24 'rock monster' crawler*MSS Micro-Rail*MSS Micro-Funny*MSS Micro-Outlaw*
2wdMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:23 AM   #96
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBait View Post
why support a hobbyshop/track that pulled what they pulled on me? gave me a 4hr road trip with the bill to boot for nothing..... no reason what so ever.
Again , its not about you , its about supporting your race facility and off-road racing....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:33 AM   #97
Tech Elite
 
y2kgtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 2,559
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to y2kgtp Send a message via Yahoo to y2kgtp
Default

after a 2 hour drive one way, I think I would want/expect an explanation before I left after being told I could not race....
__________________
"Yes my car is technically illegal, but still its either just as fast or slower than any other car on the track so whats the issue with it being illegal?"
y2kgtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:44 AM   #98
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 207
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kgtp View Post
after a 2 hour drive one way, I think I would want/expect an explanation before I left after being told I could not race....
I couldn't get a straight answer, like i said one owner was trying to start an argument with me and the other was mia, guess he was racing and winning the class he kicked me out of running just as fast i run.... lame
SnakeBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:45 AM   #99
Tech Champion
 
Jason Pelletier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,820
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQC049 View Post




You're a dick.
I know.
__________________
Island Raceway & Hobby
Jason Pelletier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:49 AM   #100
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 207
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
Again , its not about you , its about supporting your race facility and off-road racing....
if there was a local off road facility i would, but there isn't. i was trying to support a facility i could run off road at but they want to discriminate for no reason. why support 2 faced ppl that run off paying customers? doesn't seem like they are in the hobby for fun and racing, well i guess they aren't trying to make it a business either running off a paying customer. i don't see how they could be trying to promote the hobby by acting like that.
SnakeBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:01 PM   #101
Tech Regular
 
DerekEngland's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Owasso, OK
Posts: 432
Send a message via AIM to DerekEngland Send a message via Yahoo to DerekEngland
Default

Has it somehow been forgotten that these tracks/hobby shops are businesses? If you don't like a resturaunt for the way you were treated what do you do? I quit going there... If a business basically denys service to you and gives no specific reason why they did I wouldn't go back without a resonable explanation. I can tell you that a lot of us from Tulsa quit going to Enid because of things that would happen during the course of an evening. I can remember a time a couple years ago when one of the owners was having some problems getting through one of the corners on the track. He gave a little addtional time between the heats and main and he took that entire section out of the track layout to suit him. Did I mention he didn't say anything to any of us about the fact that he was changing the layout??? This same owner has mistreated numerous drivers from all over the place and truthfully that is why many of us haven't been back in a long time. It is hard for me to justify driving 120 miles to put up with nonsense like that even if it is a nice facility.

It is easy for people to throw stones saying that you're not supporting your hobby or local track if they have one to go to that has resonable rules and several classes to drive in. If this person is driving 2 hours to get to a track it isn't local.... Whew.... that was more than $.02...
__________________
Schumacher USA
R/C Paints by Sonny
DerekEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:10 PM   #102
Tech Fanatic
 
ckaspar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 773
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

After reviewing some of the lap times it looks like you are good enough to compete with the Mod guys using a Stock motor. What are you complaining about?

If I was lapping the field twice I would beg to be asked to bump up! There is no rule that says you can't run a 13.5 in a mod class, is there? I say take your 13.5 to mod whoop their butts and quit complaining about being asked to make yourself a better driver by driving with a higher level racer.

We all want to win when racing but isn't the point of this thing to make yourself a better driver? How do you do that if you constantly dominate the field?

On Sunday I raced my my local track and got second in my 1st Qual, first in my second and whipped butt in the main. I never got passed in the second qual or the main. I was put in the Amateur class because there where no Sportsman to run with. In my mind my win was bittersweet. Ya I won but against who? Amateurs, don't get me wrong I respect them for getting out there and bettering themselves but I am a better driver than they are (That is not ego, it is just a fact). I would have preferred to run in the Super Stock class, with my stock motor, and get stomped but learn to be a better driver than have my throttle on cruise control for the second half the race because I was running away from the field.
ckaspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:12 PM   #103
Tech Master
 
beeanner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 1,284
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to beeanner Send a message via Yahoo to beeanner
Default

After racing at this track for years and knowing the owners fairly well I can pretty much say that they are attempting to make the series fair. A person running stock who is possibly going to win ever round of the series by a huge margin isnt fair for others who enter the class of their caliber. I agree with their decision to bump you out Snake. Not trying to be rude, but you have no business in the stock class anyways.

I understand your reason to run stock, more people. But you need to see that you have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy more skills then the guys running stock on a normal basis. If you were not blowing the normal stock guys away by 1 to 2 laps a nite I would agree with your argument. I run mod on a constant basis (and cant hit the broadside of a barn this year thank you) but I know the skill level im at, and I run the class that is going to help improve my skills and provide me with more enjoyment if I do win. Whats enjoyable about blistering your competition everynite by 2 laps?

I can understand your frustration about the low turn outs lately. We all can. Attendence will pick up now that the rutt rutt gas season is over here. Instead of whinning about being moved up in class, meet the challenge head on. Take it as a compliment that you have the skills to compete with the mod drivers and go improve even more.
beeanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:18 PM   #104
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Covington, La.
Posts: 3,587
Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeanner View Post
After racing at this track for years and knowing the owners fairly well I can pretty much say that they are attempting to make the series fair. A person running stock who is possibly going to win ever round of the series by a huge margin isnt fair for others who enter the class of their caliber. I agree with their decision to bump you out Snake. Not trying to be rude, but you have no business in the stock class anyways.

I understand your reason to run stock, more people. But you need to see that you have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy more skills then the guys running stock on a normal basis. If you were not blowing the normal stock guys away by 1 to 2 laps a nite I would agree with your argument. I run mod on a constant basis (and cant hit the broadside of a barn this year thank you) but I know the skill level im at, and I run the class that is going to help improve my skills and provide me with more enjoyment if I do win. Whats enjoyable about blistering your competition everynite by 2 laps?

I can understand your frustration about the low turn outs lately. We all can. Attendence will pick up now that the rutt rutt gas season is over here. Instead of whinning about being moved up in class, meet the challenge head on. Take it as a compliment that you have the skills to compete with the mod drivers and go improve even more.
Since when has "stock" class mecome a novice class. There is something called sportsman for that. Stock class is there to set the motor level equil and make the driversetup and line more crutial than being able to strap in the fastest motor and sing it WFO down the stright.
__________________
Rob Jensen
Thanks to the following companies for their support in 2017: Team Associated, Maclan, Fierce R/C Solutions
micrors4guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:22 PM   #105
Tech Master
 
beeanner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 1,284
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to beeanner Send a message via Yahoo to beeanner
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4guy View Post
Since when has "stock" class mecome a novice class. There is something called sportsman for that. Stock class is there to set the motor level equil and make the driversetup and line more crutial than being able to strap in the fastest motor and sing it WFO down the stright.

Did anywhere in my post did I say stock was the novice class? No I did not.
beeanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16584 12-06-2017 03:53 AM
TAOB Racing! Bring it!!! charlie_b California Racing 9502 07-04-2016 01:35 AM
Off Road Thread (ALL SCALES UNITE) suntok2 Manila Racers 18645 01-07-2016 02:13 AM
calling on all 540 racers the fos Australian Racing 182 01-30-2008 08:12 PM
2006 BIG CHILL 4. OCT 13/14/15 chrisman Canadian R/C Scene 320 08-12-2007 03:17 PM
Should racers be required to move out of stock at a certain level? TSB Northwest Racers 94 09-28-2004 10:58 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:24 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net