R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-28-2008, 11:07 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default YZ-10 Question

Hi. New to the forum. Just dug out my YZ-10 and thinking about getting it rolling again. I have my eye on the B44 but that will have to wait.

When I left my YZ10, I had a bent front left drive shaft that resulted in the front wheel bearings blowing up with some (a lot of) regularity. The reason why I didn't replace it was that I couldn't find parts to save my life at the time.

So anyone know where I can get a set of front universal drive shafts for the YZ10? Also does anyone have a manual for the YZ10? I bought mine second hand and if I start cleaning things up, it would be great to know how to put everything back together again.

Lastly, if anyone has any YZ10 tips or helpful resources I would love to hear about them. I think I need all the help I can get.

Thanks, Fred

Also do any of the current bodies work on the YZ10, I would like to paint up a new one and I am pretty sure they don't make ones anymore. I could be wrong but I would be surpised.
fred2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 06:08 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Check www.rc10talk.com for help as well.

.:Team Orion : JConcepts : B-Fast RC:.
johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 06:27 AM   #3

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

use an old jug of nitro fuel and strip the old paint of ur current lid, buff up the outside and repaint the lid in a scheme u like (or fresh paint of ur old scheme) and enjoy. to think that car was on the back sleeve of EVERY car action magazine for what 3yrs...almost a shame that u dont hear bout it very often. but that is the old of 4wd bug. very quiet

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:53 AM   #4
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Mannkenpis

There is a "dude" selling some bodies repros on the bay ( 270307754168 ). I second the nitro fuel tip. For your parts: Yokomo usa, forums, ebay.

Have fun man.
Mannkenpis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 04:23 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nikos2002

i second the info on rc10talk great resource for info on older cars.

Kyosho shafts and hubs work on the yz10 - I believe if you look at the thread with Vintage nats held earlier this year in CT, one of the owners of RCHR used a yz10 and he used Kyosho universals and wheels on his car.
nikos2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:24 AM   #6
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default YZ10

Are those modern Kyosho shafts and hubs or vintage? I would love to use something stocked by a hobby store in case of future damage. Does anyone know the guy running at v-nats so I could ask him directly?

Also I figured it might be cool to keep a blog as I attempt to revive the YZ - if anyone is interested - http://yz10return.blogspot.com/

Thanks, Fred
fred2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:22 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nikos2002

I think they were new - it was a while ago. Check out the Radio Control Hobbies and Raceway Thread in the track locator forum for the gentleman that runs the place - I think his name was Mark, it was his YZ10 that I saw.
nikos2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:51 PM   #8
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred2000 View Post
Hi. New to the forum. Just dug out my YZ-10 and thinking about getting it rolling again. I have my eye on the B44 but that will have to wait.

When I left my YZ10, I had a bent front left drive shaft that resulted in the front wheel bearings blowing up with some (a lot of) regularity. The reason why I didn't replace it was that I couldn't find parts to save my life at the time.

So anyone know where I can get a set of front universal drive shafts for the YZ10? Also does anyone have a manual for the YZ10? I bought mine second hand and if I start cleaning things up, it would be great to know how to put everything back together again.

Lastly, if anyone has any YZ10 tips or helpful resources I would love to hear about them. I think I need all the help I can get.

Thanks, Fred

Also do any of the current bodies work on the YZ10, I would like to paint up a new one and I am pretty sure they don't make ones anymore. I could be wrong but I would be surpised.
Try this for a YZ10 Manual:

http://www.retromodelisme.com/liste_...20&c=&e=5&mo=2
foolio is offline   Reply With Quote