Wiki Posts
Search

Brushless System for Slash - Then Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Brushless System for Slash - Then Buggy

I am looking to run my Slash in a stock (not spec) or modified class this summer. I want to buy a brushless system, but would like to stick with NimH batteries. I run Duratrax and Venom 7 cells (4600 and 500 MaH). I want a system that I can take out of the Slash at the end of summer and put in a buggy to race indoor off-road stock/modified.

I've heard the Novak 13.5/17.5 is ROAR compliant and works well in a slash, but I don't know much about the topic as I have always run stock (in my Slash and E-Maxx).

Any ideas? I understand sticking with NimH is a hindrance, but I can't afford new chargers and lipos. Plus, they still scare the gizzards out of me...

Also, what is the difference between the 13.5 and 17.5 systems? Which has more power and which might be too much power for a novice and/or a Slash?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:41 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I've run the 17.5 in a Slash and it was slooooooow. To put it in perspective, the Novak Crawler motor is 18.5T. So the 13.5T is probably more on par with the stock Titan motor.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_B
I've run the 17.5 in a Slash and it was slooooooow. To put it in perspective, the Novak Crawler motor is 18.5T. So the 13.5T is probably more on par with the stock Titan motor.
Thanks. Is there a better system or should I look at a more powerful Novak system?