R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-24-2008, 02:39 PM   #16
Tech Regular

almost positive i heard it wasnt as durable? that may have been concerning bashing around.

does it have the adjustable toe/camber and all that? Shock position?
Bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:47 PM   #17
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Briguy

It has the same suspension that a XXX-T has and is adjustable . It is just as durable as the XXX-T and T4 .
Briguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:01 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to y2kgtp Send a message via Yahoo to y2kgtp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump View Post
almost positive i heard it wasnt as durable? that may have been concerning bashing around.

does it have the adjustable toe/camber and all that? Shock position?
Most problems I have heard of is the stock Diff...a plastic spool is not going to hold up well to people driving on a 11.1v LiPo IMO trying to turn....It has all the RTR plastic, which is flexible....but will see how it does when on the track....I have spares for everything, so not too worried. This is a RTR that new drivers (usually new drivers) drop a 11.1V Lipo, and hit 60-65mph.....yes they will hit something, and something will break.

It has all the adjustments, but there really is only 1 shock top mount front and rear. These can be swapped out for XXX-T shock mounts if i feel that this is an area that I need to work on. All the lower adjustments are there.

The front provides a 2nd location that I can see that can be used, the body mount position....I just need to run a longer bolt threw this.

My main reason for going this route was to get a budget racer together for Mod Truck. My only initial parts additions to this will be tires\rims that work best for my track (pink tapers), and the BfastRC Diff kit.

I know the shock angles differ from the XXX-T and that the shocks themselves are 1/2" shorter than a standard shock, but with the increased shock mount angle, does not seem to limit the suspension travel much, if any over a XXX-T.

Losi needs to make a Sensored version of this truck with a 13.5T RTR.....that would sell well I would think.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:30 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to y2kgtp Send a message via Yahoo to y2kgtp

Desert truck is more for playing around. It has the same chassis & suspension as the XXX-T, but the truck has too much stuff you would be pulling off and not using if you wanted to race it. ESC & Motor, the lights, plastic chassis cage & the body. Shock collars are also non-threaded, and can tend to get bumped and adjusted while driving.

You would need to get a new body as the rear of the Desert truck lexan is open, and connects to the rear of the plastic cage to mount. No rear wing either.....