R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-06-2003, 12:11 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Accord
Thumbs up Kyosho Kanai 3 Evolution 1/8 Buggy

I just read over in the news forum on RCZ that Kyosho is releasing the Kanai 3 Evolution 1/8 buggy at the Tokyo Hobby Show which is this coming weekend October 9th through 12th. RCZ didn't have any information on the K3 Evo at all aside from they know that it's being debuted at the Tokyo Hobby Show, but they did have a very small picture of it. I resized the picture so it was a little larger, but unfortunately it's a poor quality picture, but you'll get the idea .

Hopefully this weekend at the Tokyo Hobby Show more information and pictures will become available.

I was about to buy a K2 a few weeks ago but at the last minute I decided to wait until the holiday season or so because I wanted to save my money, and boy am I glad that I waited! I would have been extremely PO'ed if I got a K2 and then found out one week later that the K3 was coming out .

Eat your heart out Mugen!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg k3.jpg (72.4 KB, 1925 views)

Last edited by Accord; 10-11-2003 at 06:47 PM.
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 01:50 PM   #2
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rod_b

If you want a buggy now, get the K2. The only difference, from what I understand, is a lightened chassis, new rear shock bodies and shock shafts, heavy duty steering tie rods and the kit will come with 2 sets of hub carriers with different degree settings. Obviously people will not want to pay extra to upgrade after buying a new kit but I don't think the changes will make the buggy tremendously better. It's already one of the best.
rod_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 02:09 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by rod_b
If you want a buggy now, get the K2. The only difference, from what I understand, is a lightened chassis, new rear shock bodies and shock shafts, heavy duty steering tie rods and the kit will come with 2 sets of hub carriers with different degree settings. Obviously people will not want to pay extra to upgrade after buying a new kit but I don't think the changes will make the buggy tremendously better. It's already one of the best.
I am going to wait for the K3, I am not going to buy the K2 on impulse when I know there is a newer and better buggy coming out, and those upgrades you mentioned are pretty significant .

When I found out about the K3, I was so glad I didn't buy the K2 a couple weeks ago.
Old 10-06-2003, 04:03 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to speedydave Send a message via Yahoo to speedydave

K3's gonna be more expensive than the K2 is...That's gonna be one damn expensive buggy!
speedydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 06:13 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to TambokGT

I hope it's not that pricey.
TambokGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 07:52 PM   #6
Tech Apprentice

Hi
I 'm in the same spot to. so I'm going to wait to.Just to see what the price is going to be. I was told by someone on a other forum that the price is going to be close or under the current kit to get more people to buy the kits . Thats what I was told but we'll see regardless I will have a k2or k3 by next race year as now winter will be kicking here soon. Also does anybody have any info on the kanai sirio engine??? That might be the engine for my new rig
.hopelfully kyosho figured it out that they were high in price for the kits but I know you get one heck of a buugy I understand taht but its hard to kick out a grand or more on a buggy and it doesn't even come with tread .but hey I still love it and will spend the money so.just my thoughts
Thanks
Jon
famous182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 09:19 PM   #7
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rod_b

My thoughts are...

There is no way they're gonna have them for cheaper. Especially with K2s on a lot of shops' shelves still. I don't believe it's Kyosho's motto to offer more for less. It actually like...more for more. I remember when the K1 came out and it was $600. Now the K2 at a discounted price is at $630.
rod_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 09:29 PM   #8
Tech Elite

The Kanai 3 is not much different than a K2. If you would like to see the difference here is 2 web sites. Hope the webmaster doesn't mind.
www.neo-buggy.net and www.buggy-sport.info These are european web pages and are more up to date than the North American pages. The cost of updating the K2 to a K3 would be expensive. The knuckles are different as well as the castor blocks and steering link and chassis as well as the shocks. Kyosho also had some parts at the worlds that might have made there way to the Kanai 3. The parts that were given to the team were as follows, New Shocks which are in the Kanai 3 and the New Front Shock Tower and New A and B Blocks. There have been new shock towers released but not the worlds parts. Hope this helps.
Chris Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 02:52 AM   #9
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Rumours very expensive with all the new option parts.

Also minimise the bumpsteer.

Basically same car with new parts and geometry.

Good news is we don't have to buy another car. Upgrade will do.

Danny Teh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 03:32 AM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to KINGZJ

Yes, you can upgrade the stuff you need like the new front shock tower some like it but most don't use it.
KINGZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 05:28 PM   #11
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

The way I see it, until I cant find parts anymore for the k2 Im still gonna run mine, the k2 does everything I want it to do
Old 10-07-2003, 07:29 PM   #12
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Mad Mike101

I hope they have an upgrade kit for it.
Mad Mike101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 10:49 PM   #13
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28

any of you guys know when will it be out in the market ?
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 01:41 AM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to KINGZJ

Most likely after the worlds but who knows.
KINGZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 06:48 PM   #15
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys, here is a NEW picture of the K3 from the Tokyo Hobby Show!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg k3.jpg (72.4 KB, 308 views)