R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-20-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Victory Side
Default T4 On-road Setups?

Anyone race truck on-road style. This class is really taking off at out track and is a blast. Any ideas on setups. We run foam tires and 8.5 with lipo on carpet. No jumps. We race the same course as TC. Right now I am a second off the best TC time. I want to top them but that may be impossible.
Victory Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:44 PM   #2
Tech Elite

We race ours on asphalt, no jumps. I'm using jaco foams on mine, with a 15t motor. it's quick but not as fast as my TC4. I bet with a 5500 mamba that could quickly change
Old 11-21-2008, 03:23 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Use the red springs, jaco foams and as low as it can go......i have even seen people use shorter shocks

"Why follow, when you can lead?"
Schumacher
Drifting101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
Tech Elite

For carpet, or on-road in general?
Old 11-21-2008, 06:36 PM   #5
Tech Master

In this case its onroad carpet. I run BSR FOAMS XXPINK fronts and pink rears. The JACO's ware out quicker and have less traction. I have it somewhat lowered but I tried to lower it big time and had control issues.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:24 AM   #6
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I ran on carpet a couple years ago and I trued my truck foams way down to lessen rotating mass (gear accordingly) and to lower the truck and still keep the arms and bones close to level. I also used an xacto knife and cut the inner couple mm off of the fronts while spinning them on the tire truer. This took a bit of steering away and made the truck easier to drive. Stiff is good - too stiff is bad I had tried shorter and stiffer TC springs and was happier with truck springs even though they had a softer rate... It was a fun class though
Old 11-22-2008, 07:59 PM   #7
Tech Master

Yeah that is what I found. I tried limiting the shocks and using tc springs but it was uncontrollable. Right now I have two spacers in shocks and run a red rear and gold front. It seems dialed. I will try the exacto knife on the fronts, that seems like a great idea.

Any other suggestions? What foam compound would you run?
Old 11-22-2008, 08:31 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

a couple of years ago Hobby-sports in portage Mi sold a lowering kit for t4's and the losi trucks. They ran a simular class and the trucks really hooked up well. www.rlhobbies.com
Kings Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:59 PM   #9
Tech Master

DO YOU HAVE A PART NUMBER OR SOMETHING. i CHECKED THE SITE AND HAD TROUBLE FINDING IT. Sorry had caps on.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:08 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jake S Send a message via MSN to Jake S

another cheap way to lower a truck effectively would be to take the shocks apart, and put more limiters in the shocks, when i ran carpet i put a good 1/4" of fuel tubing inside the shocks all the way around, dropped the truck right now

even with full size tires, trued tires you could drop it all the way down to the 5mm tcs run

i used to run RR-Red Spring 40wt, RF - Green Spring 40wt, LR-Red Spring 30wt, LF- Blue Spring 30wt, all with the 1/4" of limiters. (in the pictures it was blue front, red rear when i didn't have the foamies trued short lol)

***this was an OVAL setup***

for road course i would think something along the lines of Red or Gold Rears, with Blue or Gold Fronts. higher wt fluid - 40+ other then that shorter turnbuckles, taller angle shocks.

Last edited by Jake S; 11-22-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Jake S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:34 PM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Side View Post
DO YOU HAVE A PART NUMBER OR SOMETHING. i CHECKED THE SITE AND HAD TROUBLE FINDING IT. Sorry had caps on.
No,just saw a converted t4 on the counter and watched them race afew heats. Youcan try them @ 269-323-3686. They're open on sunday from 12-4 est.
Kings Kid is offline   Reply With Quote