electric stadium truck

• Hello i need some advice please i have a losi xxx-t and want to go brushless in it and lipo what motor and battery combo do you suggest and also what pinion gear to run? thanks alot for your help been in r/c for about 4 years now but wanting to get a little more serious with it.
  • well, what motor do you want to run?
  • either novak or castle creations which one do you recommend or any other.
  • you going to bash or race? first race? stock mod motor? what do u wanna do?
  • I want to race.
  • Then get a Novak motor, LRP, Novak, or Tekin ESC, and 2 Orion 3800 lipo batteries. You will also need a lipo charger and low voltage cutoff. you should buy a bunch of pinions and see what work best fr your track.
  • which of the novak systems would be good? and thank you for all the info.
  • Quote: Then get a Novak motor, LRP, Novak, or Tekin ESC, and 2 Orion 3800 lipo batteries. You will also need a lipo charger and low voltage cutoff. you should buy a bunch of pinions and see what work best fr your track.
    Don't the current ESC's have a built in Low voltage cutoff these days?
  • Get a new Novak GTB with the lipo cut off and a 17.5 motor. Get the orion 3800 30c and hopefully you already have a charger that charges lipo. Then gear it around 7.0 final drive. Id say 28 pinion 82 spur is a good start!
  • thanks for the info i now have access to use a novak 10.5 brushless pro motor and novak esc what spur and pinion gear should i use with it.
  • Quote: thanks for the info i now have access to use a novak 10.5 brushless pro motor and novak esc what spur and pinion gear should i use with it.
    All depends on the track.
  • with a 10.5 start with a 22 pinion 82 spur. If you want a hair more punch go to a 23 tooth pinion but its hard to keep the front end down
  • Quote: with a 10.5 start with a 22 pinion 82 spur. If you want a hair more punch go to a 23 tooth pinion but its hard to keep the front end down

yeah thats probly the best option
  • thanks alot for the info. does losi make a 82t spur gear i think now i have a 88
  • they do, 88t spur means u cant fit all motors in.