R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-20-2008, 11:52 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Randy, I have a problem with one of my rs esc's. I sent an email last week and another early this week but haven't gotten a response yet. Basically it just blinks led 1,2,6,7 telling me wrong motor type no matter what I do. I have tried it with 3 different brushless motors to eliminate that as a problem. I have programmed it by the esc and with the hotwire but same results.

Its set up with the same setting as my other rs but just cant get this one to work since new. Anything else I should try? Or can you get me a return number since I dont seem to get any response when emailing the support address there.

thanks
tschenck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:11 PM   #32
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Try calling, (208) 634-5559
cjcoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:37 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschenck View Post
Randy, I have a problem with one of my rs esc's. I sent an email last week and another early this week but haven't gotten a response yet. Basically it just blinks led 1,2,6,7 telling me wrong motor type no matter what I do. I have tried it with 3 different brushless motors to eliminate that as a problem. I have programmed it by the esc and with the hotwire but same results.

Its set up with the same setting as my other rs but just cant get this one to work since new. Anything else I should try? Or can you get me a return number since I dont seem to get any response when emailing the support address there.

thanks
Is it when you first turn the esc on? Are you sure it's just not arming cause your trim is out of range? If thats the case, then just make sure your trim is close to or centered or it will never arm it will just blink.

Serpent America
Lunsford Racing
RCBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:10 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Just to make sure it wasn't that I went threw the calibration steps again. No luck still 1,2,6,7. I really think its the esc. I have programmed 2 others and they were the easiest esc I ever did. Love the quick tuning with the 2 buttons on the esc. This one just wont do anything for me though.
tschenck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:49 PM   #35
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fatbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
The RS Pro can handle motors all the way down to a 2.5.

The RS is good down to a 5.5 however I recomend using the RS Pro in 4wd mod due to lack of airflow under the bodies.
Hi Randy,

so I can assume from this that the RS is more than suitable for open modified 12th scale??

Thanks
JConcepts www.jconcepts.net
Ace Hobby Distributors www.acehobbyaustralia.com
fatbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:07 PM   #36
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ChrisWolfson Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisWolfson Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisWolfson

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4wires View Post
Chris Wolfson, do you have an RS Pro in any two wheel drive?
b4 - I actually just ordered my first this week. Should have it in there in a week or so. I have some experience with it running Biggins XXXCR. He posted a few back and could probably answer anything more technical about it better than I can. I've driven his car a bunch of times and I've been totally impressed with the RS Pro everytime I run it. I also like it because it fits well under the low profile XXXCR body.

I still run the FX-Pro with a brushed Orion V2 motor. I drive with drag brake so I didn't buy into brushless back in the beginning when the drag brake didn't feel as good. The newer brushless feel more like a brushed motor with the drag brake so I'm finally taking the plunge.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:53 AM   #37
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to Brian Searles

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbear View Post
Hi Randy,

so I can assume from this that the RS is more than suitable for open modified 12th scale??

Thanks
Nothing at all wrong with the RS. Smaller size, yet still awesome performance. The Pro does however give you that extra room for expandability in the future, but in a 12th scale the smaller size of the non pro RS is appealing.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:54 PM   #38
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWolfson View Post
b4 - I actually just ordered my first this week. Should have it in there in a week or so. I have some experience with it running Biggins XXXCR. He posted a few back and could probably answer anything more technical about it better than I can. I've driven his car a bunch of times and I've been totally impressed with the RS Pro everytime I run it. I also like it because it fits well under the low profile XXXCR body.

I still run the FX-Pro with a brushed Orion V2 motor. I drive with drag brake so I didn't buy into brushless back in the beginning when the drag brake didn't feel as good. The newer brushless feel more like a brushed motor with the drag brake so I'm finally taking the plunge.
Thanks Chris, sorry I didn't respond sooner. My wife likes her Tekin RS pro.
She raced hers for the first time today.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:23 AM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to fabolousRC Send a message via Yahoo to fabolousRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
The RS Pro can handle motors all the way down to a 2.5.

The RS is good down to a 5.5 however I recomend using the RS Pro in 4wd mod due to lack of airflow under the bodies.
What about 4wd in SuperStock/Sportsman class, would you still recommend RSPro over regular RS? I drive a ZX5 (Non SP/FS; not a whole lot of space under the stock body plus barely any airflow) and a Durga (lots of airflow; not a whole lot of space) with 10.5 at the moment

Lex Tyler Paints \ Norcal Hobbies \ Bay Area Peninsula R/C Club

Last edited by fabolousRC; 11-23-2008 at 04:03 AM.
fabolousRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:18 AM   #40
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to Brian Searles

My guess is that the standard RS would do just fine in your case.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:44 AM   #41
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ChrisWolfson Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisWolfson Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisWolfson

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4wires View Post
Thanks Chris, sorry I didn't respond sooner. My wife likes her Tekin RS pro.
She raced hers for the first time today.
I just got mine yesterday!
Old 11-23-2008, 01:10 PM   #42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Can you use a sensorless motor with the novak GTB???

HOTBODIES RACING / FULL THROTTLE RACEWAY (OWNER / OPERATOR)
lockmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:30 PM   #43
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No you can't, but you can run a brushed motor if you wanted. Also I have had the GTB end my day as a sensor wire broke, but if I had the Tekin system I would have been able to finnish the day.

*Team CFX Racing**Evil 3 Paint Works*
carbon madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:17 PM   #44
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWolfson View Post
I just got mine yesterday!
I got both RS pro's yesterday. I put Tammy's in her truck before the race yesterday.
She like hers. She can tell a big difference between the brushed system and the brushless.

I put mine in my buggy this morning and Wedesday, I'll be getting another RS pro for my stadium truck.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:42 AM   #45
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

tschenck:

If it's still telling you the wrong motor type is selected with a known good brushless motor hooked up to it than I'd say this one needs to come back. Something might have gotten knocked loose in transit.

I shot you a PM for RA info.

As far as 1/12 mod goes. I'd say the RS would be just fine. Same goes for any 10.5 class for that matter. Super stock 4wd isn't enough load for the regular RS to even sweat. Don't get me wrong if you overgear any system to the moon it can thermal.

I've run a 10.5/RS setup in my wheeler using a 2s lipo strapped up for 10 minutes and only got it up to 4 led's.

The team tested out some new software this weekend and all have rave reviews. This is what's so great about Tekin's. New profiles, new software, simple download not a "new speedo."

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote