R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-17-2008, 09:22 PM   #76
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to y2kgtp Send a message via Yahoo to y2kgtp

Then again...I used to love driving oval with just an off-road setup now and then.....just having fun
Old 11-18-2008, 08:22 AM   #77
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rdub202

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
p.s brings some guys that are faster than horne
lol tiger!
_|MRC/Team Academy_|_www.modelrec.com|_
rdub202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:35 AM   #78
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Seeing the pictures of these tracks has given my some creative ideas for our own local tracks. Is anyone else hording some really neat track pictures that they would be willing to share?
emaxx
moto_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:58 AM   #79
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Hear/Say

Well you know the Hear/Say about a track is true when your clubs fastest racers are preaching its gospel!

The Vibe I've gotten about FTR having never raced there is the it is the real deal- it is on caliber with other top national tracks. To me that is what is so exciting about this hobby! I've been in it for a year and come January at CRCRC I'll be racing top drivers. Where else does this happen?

I just keep telling myself this.... if I make a mistake then the qualifing system will sort it all out-- for them and myself. If I make the show I deserve to be there, remember "the fast guys" are there for me just as much as I am for them. They couldn't be pros if it were for all us hackers blowing $ every weekend!

Another thing to keep in mind-- push your limits see what the vehicles can do. Don't assume a certain driving style. "Sometimes your best isn't good enough, you've got to do what is required" Churchill
uncle everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:10 PM   #80
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
do any of you non michigan residents intend to come to ftr for the turkey trophy race
I have good intentions on going to the elec. on Saturday

all depends on what family's have dinner on what days

Looking forward to another great night of racing tomorrow.
tdeal823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:00 AM   #81
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1armed1

Quote:
do any of you non michigan residents intend to come to ftr for the turkey trophy race
I'll be there!
1armed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:28 PM   #82
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

2wdmod, you guys are truly blessed to have two indoor dirt tracks in your back yard. It's 2-3 hrs any direction to find indoor dirt for us in sw Mi. With Joilet Ill being the closest.
Kings Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:59 PM   #83
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedda bob View Post
you do realize that i would say a good 75% of the top guys in the state are "local" racers to the said track in question. and the layout you are referring to was quite possibly one of the easiest i've ever seen. there are 10 year old kids running around on it without a single problem..... so maybe you DO need to work on your timing? i would say so.....

as a matter of fact, all of the layouts have been pretty simple. try practicing instead of coming one time and then running and complaining on the internet.

It is too bad that this thread got started with someone having a bad day. I race at W* for the past 3 years in the winter and at F* when I can. I would say I'm about an average driver (ok a little less than on bad days), but none of the track layouts have never seemed to be a deterrent that I would think to be too technical or a problem to get around.

Again 2wdMod, sorry you had a bad day but F* definitely doesn't deserve to be used as the example of your original question.
Schmutz ist für den Rennsport, asphalt ist für die Anreise
lxmuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:39 PM   #84
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxmuff View Post
It is too bad that this thread got started with someone having a bad day. I race at W* for the past 3 years in the winter and at F* when I can. I would say I'm about an average driver (ok a little less than on bad days), but none of the track layouts have never seemed to be a deterrent that I would think to be too technical or a problem to get around.

Again 2wdMod, sorry you had a bad day but F* definitely doesn't deserve to be used as the example of your original question.
It's not a bad thread it was a good topic. He never mentioned the track when he made the thread. He was i suppose sharing a racing experience. I believe he says something like that in a earlier post.

I don't agree a track could be too technical, but it must be done right. Basiclly don't build a super technical rutted up poorly maintained outdoor track and run 1/10 buggys on it. Not that i am implying said track is such.