Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
m8 question very confused??? >

m8 question very confused???

m8 question very confused???

Old 10-11-2003, 08:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default m8 question very confused???

Hi
I want a m8 radio for my new k2 or k3 buggy but I'm very confused about the set up.
Whats the module ? I want to use to for 3 different cars so
do I need to get xxl syn receivers for all cars or can I use the current recievers or do i just take the receiver out and swap into car I want to use .What would be the best deal for me
I want to start out with the m8 with servos since I will need them.
Thanks
Jon
Old 10-11-2003, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 162 (100%+)

The module is the part of the radio that holds the memory and where you put your frequency chips in, unless you have the novak module then it has the extra reciever and you can jus turn the dials to choose your frequency, no crystals required.
Get the M8, fm 75mhz, your current receivers will only work if they are airtronics receivers, or if you have any novak receiver that is an airtronics style.The M8 is a great radio, and you can store up to 10 models in this radio, so you will have no problem running your three cars from it.
Old 10-11-2003, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

m8 is a great radio. i only run my xxxt with it but ive got high traction and low traction set ups saved on it, i use the lap counter to tell me how long ive been running ect.

id get the novak synth system so you dont have to wait for the freq clip. but if your going to get that then just buy the radio w/ no servos or reciver. the stock servos arnt that great anyways, you can get some better ones from hi tech or futaba that are stronger for just a little more than the stock airtronics