R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-10-2008, 10:26 AM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Default ROAR Presents the 2008 PA Electric Inddor Off-Road Challange

Hello Racers,

ROAR is pleasesd to announce the 1st Annual PA Electric Inddor Off-Road Challange .

Date: Sat 12/13/2008
Phone:: 724 352 - 0116
Address:
108 Callen Road
Sarver, PA
USA

Classes
2wd Mod
4wd Mod
Mod Truck

More info coming

Thanks

Kevin
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:00 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Do you think you could add an electric 1/8th scale class?

ARCS Hobbies / Paint Monster Airbrushing / BFast / Tonys Screws
badassrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:08 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ChrisWolfson Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisWolfson Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisWolfson

Sounds great! I will most likely be running all three classes!
Old 11-10-2008, 05:17 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

Last edited by Losiracer12; 10-04-2009 at 10:29 AM. Reason: mistake
Losiracer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #5

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

kind of a toss up. folks are takin pre christmas to play with slashes b4 2wd hots up like it usually does at bumps. course any roar race is 'subject to change'

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:27 PM   #6

kind of a toss up. folks are takin pre christmas to play with slashes b4 2wd hots up like it usually does at bumps. course any roar race is 'subject to change'

R
Old 11-10-2008, 06:08 PM   #7
Tech Rookie

Your right, lookin at the results from both tracks it lookks like Bumps is the place to "play" with slahes and McCulloughs is the place for some competitive racing. Bumps use to be competitive offroad but it dont look that way now, only a few.Thats a shame because I liked going there with all the fast guys and Chris is a great guy and killer traction there.
Lmichner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #8

well he's changed the game by heeding to what folks wanted and is now preparing the dirt different so no more slix to deal with. some of the fast guys are already using it as practice, things will hot up closer to holiday time. some guys just only came in from nitro or pitstop. is what it is.

R
Old 11-10-2008, 06:20 PM   #9
Tech Rookie

I heard that people like the dirt and no slicks but its the carpet jumps that are keeping the 2wd crowd away this year. If thats the case cant he remove the carpet jumps for the 2wd and put them back down for the slashes or are they too heavy?
Old 11-10-2008, 06:25 PM   #10
Tech Rookie

A few people have said to me that some of the carpet jumps are cool but most of them throw a 2wd funny and land hard? I havent seen it yet this year but Im sure Chris will get it straitened out because whenever I go the track has been good for 2wd.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:30 PM   #11

bleh, 1 guy says he doesnt like em, but they use em all over the world. its either that or u have more layouts that are compromised by taking care of the oval guys. their fine. many tracks cover their jumps w/carpet to keep them from gettin ripped up. i dont see the big deal. those who are good race 2wd mod regardless of the track. folks who dont like a particular jump prolly wreck too much anyway

R
Old 11-10-2008, 07:10 PM   #12
Tech Rookie

That, one guy may be the only one being honest. I heard from a few that its not worth going yet. Ive always been one to form my own opinions, Im going to try to make it there in 2 weeks from now to see what its like. Its been about two years since Ive been there. Whats the hot tire setup?
Old 11-10-2008, 07:14 PM   #13

no idea, its all changed, has to have tread now. the slick package is gone. also a few of these guys are jumpin into 1/8 elec bug and prefer a place to run both. its fine. they had that wall that ran up the side of his building so high that truggies could go full blast at it and touch the roof for fun after the racing. people showed up with that. they run 1/8 stuff on it and for them its a bullring. people showed for that. you had to run slicks all the way up to this year, and still people showed. he is a good guy. who cares what the jumps are covered with. any where else u'd be nothin more than a 'silly yank' whinin bout such things.

i'm sure both places are good, but i pull for chris to make it considerin how badly the township tried to keep em down. like all tracks it takes 1 ass out there who doesnt like seeing folks have fun to louse it up. sadly this 1 knows a county official apparently

R
Old 11-10-2008, 07:15 PM   #14
Tech Rookie

Why the change for the oval guys anyway, I thought that track was great to them before? I raced oval about 6-7 years ago, no tracks that good were ever around then.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:21 PM   #15
Tech Rookie

That was the last time I was there, about 3 or 4 weeks before he was shut down and regretly havent got to make it back yet because I work evry sat. now. I can only get off once in a while on sat to race thats why Im glad he is racing sunday s again.