R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   LRP Brushless (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/252125-lrp-brushless.html)

C Branch 11-06-2008 09:56 AM

LRP Brushless

Has anybody else had a LRP brushless motor fall apart after landing from a hard jump?

micrors4guy 11-06-2008 10:27 AM

seems like you tightned the screws too much and the landing just pulled the screws away from the stripped threads.

C Branch 11-06-2008 10:28 AM

The motor had never been apart and the screws had never been touched.

micrors4guy 11-06-2008 10:33 AM

see if the scres are striped in the motor. It may have just been a really bad landing? But im willing to bet it was because the motor screws striped out

C Branch 11-06-2008 10:36 AM

I tried putting it back together but the screws have nothing to bite into. I sent it back to LRP and they told me $40 to fix it. They can keep it.

micrors4guy 11-06-2008 10:38 AM

yep. the treads on them really arent that good, too small. Were you running it in a 2wheel?

C Branch 11-06-2008 10:39 AM

No, it was in my D4 so it did not take a hard hit like it would sticking out the rear of a 2wd.

aeRayls 11-06-2008 10:43 AM

I've had 3 lrps, 1 7.5 and 2 6.5's. All have had problems and failed. I sent 2 back and they fixed them for free. They both have since failed in various ways and none of them run. Never never again. I know 2 guys who bought brand new lrp motors and the screws were stripped out of the package and lrp wanted to charge them to fix, bogus:mad:. My novaks are still runnin strong though. I wouldnt buy anything but an lrp speedo, but their motors leave somehting to be desired.

C Branch 11-06-2008 10:54 AM

I understand that sometimes things happen, but the customer service has been horrible. I sent the motor in 3 weeks ago and just got the call today that it was going to cost me another $40. Forget it, they can keep it and I will put that $40 towards another motor of another brand.

Jason Pelletier 11-06-2008 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by C Branch (Post 5022466)
I understand that sometimes things happen, but the customer service has been horrible. I sent the motor in 3 weeks ago and just got the call today that it was going to cost me another $40. Forget it, they can keep it and I will put that $40 towards another motor of another brand.

Thats not true, there customer service is good. I have sent prolly like 3 speedos and 1 charger back to them and only once did it take more then 2 weeks. Everytime i called i got information i needed. Maybe they were backed up alittle bit.

I do know that their motors suck and obviously yours was no longer under warranty if they were gonna bill you.

Anyway if i were you i would look towards novak motors. they are awesome.

micrors4guy 11-06-2008 11:28 AM

they will not cover striped screws under warentee for the motors.

C Branch 11-06-2008 11:29 AM

I am happy that you have had good experiences with them. I have not. They will not be getting any more of my money.

C Branch 11-06-2008 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by micrors4guy (Post 5022563)
they will not cover striped screws under warentee for the motors.

The screws that are pulled out are the screws that hold the whole motor together. They have never been taken out or touched.

Sneaky Pete 11-06-2008 04:16 PM

I don't know if it was a jump that knocked them loose but I've had 2 LRP motors do that to me. I found it odd that they didn't even put locktite on the 3 long screws. Not to mention the rotor - when I pulled the motor apart, it look like there was webbing all over the inside of the can.

I run Novak motors now.

Pilmerica 11-06-2008 10:23 PM

rumor is the newer lrp motors have shorter screws than the old ones.. why the change? your guess is as good as mine. that's probably why they won't cover it in the warranty. i have had plenty of problems with esc but no motors..knock on wood.