R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-03-2008, 03:32 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdMod View Post
Nah that pic I posted is the "new" thunder tiger pheonix buggy.It sure does look like a B3 though doesnt it
well thunder tiger makes most of associateds moulds (if not all of them?) since a long time back so releasing the B3 under their own brand is a really good way of offer a great buggy for the beginners and save money on using the same moulding machines! only thing that i can see is different is the shocks and the front tower, the rest is the same as the old B3 car

the phoenix bx has been out for about 2 years now. guess that the B4 will go the same route when associated releases the B5 in the future
Hatebreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:36 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed View Post
well thunder tiger makes most of associateds moulds (if not all of them?) since a long time back so releasing the B3 under their own brand is a really good way of offer a great buggy for the beginners and save money on using the same moulding machines! only thing that i can see is different is the shocks and the front tower, the rest is the same as the old B3 car

the phoenix bx has been out for about 2 years now. guess that the B4 will go the same route when associated releases the B5 in the future
Thats why I put NEW in quotes, because even though it's been out for a while , I still have yet to see one anywhere other than a mag or online.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:41 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Notice the B44 is listed under nitro powered
Gliptal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:24 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyGut View Post
I believe the cars that won the worlds were Associated, but had X-factor kits installed.

Maybe X-factor will produce a complete kit now.

Troy
Uh...no. The 2007 IFMAR 1/10 Electric Offroad Worlds Championship podium was SWEPT by 100% AE FT B4 cars. Look here. In the pics you can clearly see the motors on these cars are in the rear of the vehicle. The X Factor chassis is a mid motor design, and the motor in the X factor chassis can NOT be seen when the body is on.

http://www.rc10.com/racerhub/races/2...cereport13.htm
SpraydbySprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:36 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Not to mention they didn't have hideous, nasty a$$ bodies.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:40 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr View Post
Not to mention they didn't have hideous, nasty a$$ bodies.
True, they are a little WIDE. Oh yea, The A Team swept the 4WD Podium too. Seems like their product is doin ok to me.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:45 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpraydbySprague View Post
Uh...no. The 2007 IFMAR 1/10 Electric Offroad Worlds Championship podium was SWEPT by 100% AE FT B4 cars. Look here. In the pics you can clearly see the motors on these cars are in the rear of the vehicle. The X Factor chassis is a mid motor design, and the motor in the X factor chassis can NOT be seen when the body is on.

http://www.rc10.com/racerhub/races/2...cereport13.htm
Actually I believe Hayato was using Hot Bodies shocks so not quite 100%.
Gliptal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:03 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliptal View Post
Actually I believe Hayato was using Hot Bodies shocks so not quite 100%.
Ah, I see. They do not look like AE shocks. Ok, 98% A Team. Lol.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:40 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

well he is a HB driver so that is probably what he is comfortable with... that is my opinion anyway..
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:49 AM   #25
Tech Rookie

Default Kits and RTR's

If you would notice when I posted the original message, it has a time stamp on it. Yesterday that was not there. It was not there at 5:30pm est yesterday either.

You are also correct that the FT car did win the race. I was looking at other results, and was wrong.

The only reason I started this thread is my first competative car after the frong and hornet was an RC10, and to see it leave the hobby after so many years as a race proven staple. I was nervous. I have run Losi, Kyosho, and some scratch built cars, and for some reason yesterday just wanted to order a new FT B4. It was not there. I know people still have them in stock, but I was a little nervous to purchase a car that was not even listed on their website except in the disconntinued area.

I will be building one in the next two weeks as that is what I want. I was not trying to start anything mean, just wondered if I was the only one seeing this.

Troy
TroyGut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:09 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
If you would notice when I posted the original message, it has a time stamp on it. Yesterday that was not there. It was not there at 5:30pm est yesterday either.

You are also correct that the FT car did win the race. I was looking at other results, and was wrong.

The only reason I started this thread is my first competative car after the frong and hornet was an RC10, and to see it leave the hobby after so many years as a race proven staple. I was nervous. I have run Losi, Kyosho, and some scratch built cars, and for some reason yesterday just wanted to order a new FT B4. It was not there. I know people still have them in stock, but I was a little nervous to purchase a car that was not even listed on their website except in the disconntinued area.

I will be building one in the next two weeks as that is what I want. I was not trying to start anything mean, just wondered if I was the only one seeing this.

Troy
troy myelf and others looked right after you posted and I didnt see it there either.But the next time I went back to look it was there, so I guess no worries for the B4/T4 guys out there.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:59 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamminnay View Post
well he is a HB driver so that is probably what he is comfortable with... that is my opinion anyway..
True, not to mention HB is prototyping a 2wd electric off road. Could have been a good way to try out new shocks.

Quote:

Troy
I understand feeling nervous about purchasing a discontinued vehicle. Been there, done that, still trying to sell a brand new Mugen Seikei MST-1 nitro stadium truck. Wondered why it was so cheap. Lol! Good luck with the B4 you will not be disappointed. I've had mine for 5 years, still rung great.