Wiki Posts
Search

nedd help fast!!!!! sidewinders

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 11:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default nedd help fast!!!!! sidewinders

k new but old to electric. use to be in it when the losi xxt came out. now i have a xxx4+g with a sidewinders esc and 57k motor. k here is what happens. i run perfect for a couple mins. then all the sudden the car stops with the wheels loock to the right. this is what i have figured out. when it does it the rx light blinks, using spektrum s30001. if i unplug the steering servo and then plug it back in car is fine for anothe rcouple mins. sme thing happens if i unplug the battery and then plug back in. so i replace the steering serbo and the rx with new ones still does it. dont know what else it could be. somone please help have to race on sat and don't know where to turn. thanks guys
Old 10-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Whats the temp on the speed controller is it thermalling? whats the gearing at on the buggy?
Old 10-31-2008, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

sounds almost like there is a bad solder joint or something and the rec. has to re- bind just like when you turn it on.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mixedguy
i run perfect for a couple mins. then all the sudden the car stops with the wheels loock to the right. this is what i have figured out. when it does it the rx light blinks, using spektrum s30001.
That sounds exactly like the receiver is going into "fail safe" mode... IF the voltage drops (even for a nano-second) below a minimum value, the receiver will drop into failsafe, with the throttle and steering locking at the values set when the receiver was bound... This is actually a fairly common problem with fast brushless motors -- they pull a lot of amps, causing the voltage to drop hard. The best "fix" is to get either the add-on capacitor from Spektrum or the Novak "glitch buster" capacitor and plug that into the receiver. The big capacitor smooths out the voltage blips and allows the receiver to maintain normal operation....
Old 10-31-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

+1

Glitch Buster.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:41 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i R nedding 2 no wat kind uv btery u r uzing 2 me itt sounding lik you sped contrl r gong in2 liop kut offs chek ur kutof volts in prog raming ifs ur not uzing a lpio batry thin gett rids of kutoff vultag wen tha momba goz 2 lopi kutoff i t wonnt zend pwr 2 tha re c ver n0 v0lt@g3 w1ll coz the spectrumz re-c-ver 2 go 2 falesaif iph the spectumz recver gos in2 falesaif the stering wil tern & tha breaks wil gow onz!!!!!!!!11111oneoneone
Old 10-31-2008, 10:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

^.......... Learn to type dude.

Seriously
Old 11-01-2008, 03:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew
i R nedding 2 no wat kind uv btery u r uzing 2 me itt sounding lik you sped contrl r gong in2 liop kut offs chek ur kutof volts in prog raming ifs ur not uzing a lpio batry thin gett rids of kutoff vultag wen tha momba goz 2 lopi kutoff i t wonnt zend pwr 2 tha re c ver n0 v0lt@g3 w1ll coz the spectrumz re-c-ver 2 go 2 falesaif iph the spectumz recver gos in2 falesaif the stering wil tern & tha breaks wil gow onz!!!!!!!!11111oneoneone
Wow that was hard to read but it is like trfahm said