R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-07-2008, 08:29 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris__RC View Post
I just got a Integy 30 amp discharger from ebay for $7 shipped so I really cant complain. Im was mainly looking to get some more capacity out of my batteries because my 2 gp3300s matched drop at the end of the race and when someone discharged them for me they only took 2400mAh. My ep4200 matched peaked at 3600mAh. So with this discharger if I cycle it by charging it at .5 amps and discharging it will the capacity and voltage/power go up? Will it make a big difference if I get the Novak Smart tray? I really dont want to spend alot because Im getting a lipo around the holidays.
Exactly which Integy 30 amp discharger do you have? Is it the 0-30 or the Indi Reactor 30 from Integy. The 0-30 will do each individual cell @ 30 amps. The Reactor 30 does the entire pack. The other difference is the Reactor 30 has a auto cut off, whereas the 0-30 has no such auto cut off. The Novak Smart tray has a programmable cut off, and monitors each cell voltage separately.
SpraydbySprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:44 PM   #17
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Briguy

He has the Indi Reactor and just got the smart tray today .
Briguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:02 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
He has the Indi Reactor and just got the smart tray today .
Yep.

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Chris__RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 07:27 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Ah, ok. It was being referred to as a 0-30. I've heard of ppl trickle charging a pack to help equalize cells and return run time and voltage. Of course this is done during the week and not on race day. After the trickle charge is complete, store until race day. At the track, discharge with the Reactor30, try to keep the cells from overheating with a small fan, about 90-100 degrees during discharge, then equalize on the Smart Tray. Once they are done on the Smart Tray, place them on the charger after a short rest (about 10 mins tops) and charge. In my experience with equalizing cells, they seem to take a better charge if you get them on the charger as soon as possible. From what I've read about batteries, it's the rate of self discharge between cells in a pack that really throw the cells out of balance. Check this out.

http://www.promatchracing.com/ibins.php

The bottom paragraph on the link above describes the importance of equalizing packs before every charge.
SpraydbySprague is offline   Reply With Quote