Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maxtec/Victor Engineering

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 07:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Maxtec/Victor Engineering

I was wondering if any one out there can put me in touch with someone who work for / or sponsored by Maxtec/Victor Engineering. I am looking for some information around the HI-IQ that I can seem to get help on anywhere else
Thanks
Paul
Old 09-27-2003, 07:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Default :) Me Again

I meant can't seem to get any help on
Old 09-27-2003, 11:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Paul.
As I'm sure you know. Victor/Maxtec closed it's doors a few years ago. However, there are a couple of electronic gurus out there that can really do wonders with these units. I noticed that you're in Australia. Why don't you try www.rccar.com.au He repairs/upgrades Victors....and he lives in Australia!!! There is also www3.telus.net/capris Lots of info there. Hope this helps.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Sam Capri upgraded my Hi-IQ a few years ago. upgraded my Super-IQ to a IQ3000, added a backlit LCD, and an extra pair of power connections on the rear of the unit... Great Guy! It's a shame he stopped repairing/upgrading them a few years ago. He just wasn't making any $$ in it, and his "day job" responsibilities just didn't give him enough time to dedicate towards the Hi-IQ's. It's good to see that he left the information up somewhere for all to see. Thanks, noslack2mack!
Old 09-29-2003, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Hey Paul,

If there's anything in particular you need help with regard to operation, let us know. I'm sure somebody here still has one (like me) and can help you figure it out.!
Old 09-29-2003, 10:28 AM
Tech Rookie

No problem. Yeah, Sam is a great guy.....and he is THE MAN when it comes to Victors. He upgraded one for me too, and he even took the time to check the keys. If you're wondering; yes, lol...there were a couple that he said needed replacing. I love that unit. He made it perfect!