R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-25-2008, 02:37 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy
Default Reedy Truck Race of Champions

Anyone have a list of the top 10 or any pics of the event?
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 05:23 PM   #2
Tech Master

I just have a small handful of iPhone photos, which I posted on my blog...though I did post a couple of the SC8 demo from today. I've only been writing about the rookie stock racing though, since that's what I'm involved in. I haven't seen Jason Boulanger or any photographers around, really...maybe they're all waiting for the mains.

There are some blisteringly fast laps being turned on this track, though...and most of the really good stock drivers have gotten to where they can clear the triple consistently, which is fun to watch and makes me envious of their skills. I've done it a couple of times while warming up, but I don't have the courage to do it in a race...I know I'd screw it up. Then again, best I've been able to do is 15 laps so far (best in Rookie is 16, only two guys have done it) and I think I heard someone either got or came close to 18 in stock, up there with the "big boys."

Everybody's getting faster, it's pretty crazy. For my first big race though, I'm having a lot of fun.

Last edited by kdeselms; 10-25-2008 at 05:34 PM.
kdeselms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:09 AM   #3
Tech Master

Just thought I'd post an addendum to my previous comment. I can't help myself...I had a blast this weekend, even though I'm exhausted (mentally and physically) and wish I had another day to recuperate, before getting back to work!

Second place in rookie stock! Pretty fun to bring this trophy home to the wife and at least have some sort of justification for all the money I put into R/C. Her comment? "At least it's bigger than the last one." (A 1st place club racing plaque, which I posted on the forum a couple months back.) She's going to be a tough nut to crack

Last edited by kdeselms; 10-27-2008 at 02:02 PM.
kdeselms is offline   Reply With Quote