Wiki Posts
Search

Idea's for changes to the 2009 JBRL series

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)
Thumbs up

I think the classes were fun to run this year.

Next year will be great with the addition of brushless / Lipo and brushes and NIMH running together. You should run whatever you have.

I like the idea of eliminating expert and have everyone run together in stock.

Jimmy's plan to bump up the top three is great.

My last thing was if you are sponsored in any way by a motor/battery , speedo or chassis you should be running the expert ( now, superstock and mod classes)

If you run expert or mod, you should not be allowed to run stock !!

2009:

Rookie ( buggy or truck) 17.5 or 27t only
Stock ( buggy or truck) 17.5 or 27t only
Superstock ( buggy, truck, 4wheel) 13.5 or 19t only
Mod ( buggy, truck, 4 wheel) any motor
Slash or Electric 8th scales

Batteries should be ROAR approved only. There is no room to skimp on safety and run non-roar approved batteries. Dont waste your money buying non -approved, you wont be able to race them. Nobody is forcing anyone to run lipo either, run NIMH if you want.

Reedy Truck race went on this past weekend and the two different kinds of batteries were used in the A main, NIMH and Lipo. There were also a couple of brushed motors in stock A as well.

The Reedy race and rules should be example of how a good race is run.

Last edited by lbckevin; 11-18-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I agree with most of this yes, but I would focus more on racers with Chassis sponsors not being able to run stock but motor/battery sponsors should be ok for that class.

either way It doesnt matter to me.

Originally Posted by lbckevin

Next year will be great with the addition of brushless / Lipo and brushes and NIMH running together. You should run whatever you have.

My last thing was if you are sponsored in any way by a motor/battery , speedo or chassis you should be running the expert ( now, superstock and mod classes)

2009:

Batteries should be ROAR approved only. There is no room to skimp on safety and run non-roar approved batteries. Dont waste your money buying non -approved, you wont be able to race them. Nobody is forcing anyone to run lipo either, run NIMH if you want.

Reedy Truck race went on this past weekend and the two different kinds of batteries were used in the A main, NIMH and Lipo. There were also a couple of brushed motors in stock A as well.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin

2009:

Id like to add there should be wiggle room on that part. There are plenty of budget minded hardcase lipos out there and there are plenty of people that own them. If its at least hardcased, it should be arguable (and a vote thread can be run on rctech for those that own those types of batteries to attest to their durability.)
Old 11-03-2008, 09:27 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I will only post once, just my objective opinion, of what I think will help increase the entires and the fun!

I think the classes should be as follows:

Slash
Rookie
Stock Truck
Stock Buggy
Expert Buggy (13.5)
Expert Truck (13.5)
Mod Buggy
Mod Truck
Mod 4wd

I think a main problem we have had is that the classes are too thin.

I also, find it disheartening when people stop trying to get better, to rise to the occasion, and move up to the big boy classes. I hope that Jeff Nicol, Pang, Butts, Turner, Casper, Dunford, McDuffie all move up to modified only.. to name a few. They are plenty good enough to make mains and compete. I couldn't wait to race mod, and tried to do so long before I was ready even. I really like the 13.5 speed, quick but not so fast that people who get bumped out won't be forced to run something too fast.

Also, I like going to 'different tracks'... but come on. There were a couple tracks that were nothing short of a bad joke this year. We don't have to worry about Metro anymore..lol. I don't think anyone really enjoyed the track too much at Hemet. I know I didn't and even worse was the attitude and lack of effort put forth by the people running the track. It put many of into a bad mood that not many recovered from. I really like racing at Hot Rod, Pegasus, OCRC, Thunder Alley, and wouldn't mind going to any of those tracks more than once!

Feel Free to PM me.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

ttt
Old 11-14-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Yes come to Pegasus twice
Old 11-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

that would be cool haha. But i could see OCRC and (possibly, if its open in time) WCRC (or wcrcr or whatever) take over metro's and hemet's spots. That would be cool too.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Default let

go to some better tracks!!!!!

maybe we can acutally race on not miss the pot hole
Old 11-17-2008, 06:55 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

There were only two bad tracks the whole series and I would say Hemet was not all that bad. Metro was so bad it was funny!

Guys you are missing the point. The purpose of the series is to drive on different surfaces.

Pegasus was great, rained early in the morning and track grooved up better then I have ever seen it.

Racers Haven-- Blue groove and smooth as can be.

Metro-- Already coverd this one but it is closed and we will not be returning again.

Revelation-- Track was in fantastic shape and the cut down the layout just for this electric race.

Freedom Park-- I was not there but I saw pictures and heard the track was a good shape and this was one of there best layouts. (this is a club and and they build a track every year just for the JBRL!!!!!)

Thunder Alley-- Again track was a great shape and cut down in size just for our event!!!!

Hemet-- Owners weren't all that happy but at the end we learned this was there last race at this facility. Again shut down. (schedules was set 10 months before this event. At least they stayed open so we had a place to hold the race!

Hot Rod-- Another world class facility.

There were only two tracks that were not ideal and Hemet was a raceable surface. By the mains the track was holding moisture and there were some good races! Again this is a traveling series. I am sure Jimmy would be open to suggestions if you know of other tracks within driving distance. Going between 2-3 tracks for an 8 race series kind of defeats the purpose of the series and besides that not sure many of you how have not lived in other parts of the country understand how lucky we are to have so many tracks so close to each other.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:52 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Guys you are missing the point. The purpose of the series is to drive on different surfaces.
I get the point...and it isn't to go to 8 different tracks....it is to have fun...

I think there is a reason HRH, OCRC, and Pegasus are the only 3 tracks to have turnouts for 1/10 racing when the JBRL isn't there,...
Old 11-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Tech Prophet

Yeah they are the three tracks that don't allow 8th scales on the track to break our electric cars!

I had fun at all the tracks this year. Metro included. It was so bad it was comical! Not something I would want to do again but was interesting!

Frank you were complaining about HRH this year!
Old 11-17-2008, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah they are the three tracks that don't allow 8th scales on the track to break our electric cars!

I had fun at all the tracks this year. Metro included. It was so bad it was comical! Not something I would want to do again but was interesting!

Frank you were complaining about HRH this year!
My body hates the heat and that showed at metro...with the nearness of passing out, the vomiting, the tiredness...and the ensuing weeklong sickness i was in. heat is BAD for me lol. I'll be sure to take care of myself better next time though haha.

anyways, pegasus might be allowing electric 8th scales if enough show. That might be interesting to watch.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Water!!!!!!!!!

No soda, no gatoraid, no monster or red bull. WATER!

I learned the hard way in B'field as well. Once I learned to stay hydrated I can survive up there! LOL

They ran electric 8ths at OCRC last night. Those things are almost as loud as the gas cars!

The made it around the track pretty darn good though.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Water!!!!!!!!!

No soda, no gatoraid, no monster or red bull. WATER!

I learned the hard way in B'field as well. Once I learned to stay hydrated I can survive up there! LOL

They ran electric 8ths at OCRC last night. Those things are almost as loud as the gas cars!

The made it around the track pretty darn good though.

lol i had an insane amount of water actually. The problem was...i forgot to have FOOD in addition to that. So its more than just staying hydrated, its also making sure you have food to keep the rest of your body going haha. Oh well. Yeah, e-8ths with their metal gears are still reallyloud for electrics
Old 11-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Yeah food does help as well. I usually am good about eating but a 32oz soda in 100+ heat usually just gives me a headache!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.