R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-19-2003, 10:15 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to TambokGT

thanks.
I also want to know if the which brand of clutch shoes last longer than others without sacrificing performance. AE stock , MIPs?
TambokGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 06:51 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just use the stock Losi shoes in my XXX-NT unmodified. They work well and only cost about $3.00 to replace. However, I'm still using my original kit's shoe going on two racing seasons. Hmmm... I think they last a long time.

I have been playing with clutch shoes in my 1/8 buggy and now I'm using the Aluminum ones. Wow, do they grab. I wouldn't want these in a 2wd truck, it would be too much.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 09:24 AM   #33
Tech Elite

I think the aluminum shoes in my X5 is okay. I would rather use the composite type ones though 'coz I don't want spend more money on worn out clutch bells. I use Mugen's black shoes (cut 1 mm trailing end)with OFNA gold spring (cut on the bend).
Old 10-20-2003, 09:51 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Thanks for the tip on the Mugen shoes.

So far, I haven't noticed any extreme wear on the clutch bell using the Al shoe. What I did notice is the the shoes wear fast forming a burr at the edges which need to be filed off.
Old 10-21-2003, 12:44 AM   #35
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to canadian_racer Send a message via Yahoo to canadian_racer
Default XXXNT

i have a xxxnt one of the best cars i have ever had just have a few things i need to say

1. get lunsford titanium turnbuckles

2. get trinity aluminum pivot block

3. get rpm ballcups stock one are crap

4. if you want a good motor get the o.s. cvr .12 or the mugen mt12 great motors

5. use longer screws for the battery box and get a rx battery dont use the 4 aa's batterys

ok there are some things to get if you buy a xxxnt
canadian_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:00 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to KINGZJ

Don't forget if you buy a XXXNT you need to stock up on front suspension arms, rear shock towers, and a ton of tranny parts
KINGZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 10:15 AM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'll add to the list. Also have some rear arms. If you run the metal rear pivot block and you land to much to one side on the rear tire you can and will snap off the rear arms where the arms and pivot block join. If you have the stock pivot block then it would break and not the rear arm.

I'm not a real fan of to much aluminum ( its nice in some spots and pretty) but I am entertaining the thought of aluminum rear arms because of this problem. Even if you somehow bent the aluminum rear arm at least you can finish the race as the other way you are DNF!

As to diff parts, My diff was rebuilt 4 times last season to keep it fresh (about 4-5 gallons of fuel) at trophy races. I have seen racers get 2-3 gallons per rebuild if they build the diff properly and they are lazy. I just don't like to wait that long....

I do think that the XXX NT can be a faster truck for my driving style but it definitely needs some help to be as durable as the AE FTGT.

7.5man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 01:38 PM   #38
Tech Elite

traded my old hpi nrs42 for a rtr rc10gt......Is this raceable? what parts should i get aside from the bearings and rpm receiver box to race this truck?
Old 10-28-2003, 11:59 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Nothing else is really needed, only if you want them. See how it races and go from there.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:09 PM   #40
Tech Elite

will do
Old 10-29-2003, 06:58 AM   #41
Tech Elite

OOPS! You will probably need tires and maybe servos if those are the original RTR ones. Check the spur gear, clutch, outdrives and slipper pads for wear.
Old 10-29-2003, 01:39 PM   #42
Tech Elite

yeah I know...I had to rebuild the diff. Apparently, the last owner, was running without those thrust balls and thrust spring. tightening the bolt max throughout.......as a result...melting the diff gear.... had to pry out the diff balls from the melted diff gear....oh well.....that's the price you pay for getting used rtr items.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:57 PM   #43
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Is the RTR the newer one or the older one,It does make a difference.The older one had a shorter chassis,the newer one has the chassis thats the same length as the FT,If you race you want the longer chassis,if your playing It wont matter.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 07:20 PM   #44
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by AreCee
I just use the stock Losi shoes in my XXX-NT unmodified. They work well and only cost about $3.00 to replace. However, I'm still using my original kit's shoe going on two racing seasons. Hmmm... I think they last a long time.
i ran the stock shoes on my XXX-NT for nearly a year untill i noticed when working on my engine that the clutch spring was rubbing. i still had good pickup but i figured it was about time to replace them.
igkyoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 08:04 PM   #45
Tech Elite

xxxkat,
can you measure your ft chassis and post it here please?
thanks