R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-19-2008, 12:50 PM   #46
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenman73 View Post
It took me a while to quit laughing to respond to this. It depends on what you are looking for I guess. If you want a GOOD system at a GOOD price for club racing then go with the mamba. If you want a system that you can fine tune every aspect of it to fit your driving style or track conditions, go with the mamba. On the other hand, if you and your buddies want to see how many speedos you can blow up, go with the novaks. I saw one guy go through 2 GTB's in one night. Not to mention all the others. Some were user error probly but some are just novaks blowin up becuz they can. I personally own a mamba and a novak, if I was buying another one tomorrow it would be a mamba or sidewinder. If you are gonna get a sponsered free ride then I guess you could go with the flow but remember you still have to wheel the thing. As I said I own both and formed my own opinion. Watchin novaks go up in smoke or how smooth my mamba 4600 is, I don't know which helped form it more. I also forgot how much easier it is to adjust a novak pulling out the fold out instructions and counting lights and hoping you set it right or plugging the mamba into a laptop and being done in 2 seconds, what an abosolute pain that is, having all the settings right in front of your eyes and knowing where stuff is set instead of holding this button for 5 seconds and counting leds blinking and going back to the sheet and seeing if it is even the right led. Who was it that said "keep it simple stupid"? One screen on a laptop or that other way, you can choose which is easier but I will race anyone setting up there GTB and me setting up my mamba.
Hey smart guy, seeing how you can read so well, why don't you point out to me where I said novaks suck. I simply pointed out the differences between the two and I did say I do own both. And talking in generalities, just because you never seen one go up it has to be user error. What kind of generalized statement is that? Aren't you the one who said it wasn't fair to speak in generalities unless it is coming from you I suppose. Oh, I forgot you work in the computer industry so you must know everything. As for me, I must be a weirdo as you put it because I spoke the truth. Nothing I said was false in this post and if you like you can pm me your phone number and I can go over it real slow with you so you understand. Then maybe you would realize this post was in response to someone else talking about novak so I wasn't even the one who brought it up. In the future if you are going to tell people to learn to read, you just might want to use that advice yourself.
Lenman73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:54 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

lol reading between the lines on your "self-quote" leads right back to your generalizing statement, ironically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenman73 View Post
If you want a GOOD system at a GOOD price for club racing then go with the mamba. If you want a system that you can fine tune every aspect of it to fit your driving style or track conditions, go with the mamba. On the other hand, if you and your buddies want to see how many speedos you can blow up, go with the novaks.

You're right. You didnt say Novak's suck. You simply implied it. My bad.
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:22 PM   #48
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)

Last edited by wyd; 07-01-2017 at 08:39 PM.
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:23 PM   #49
Tech Elite

I use a MM with a medusa 36x60x2000 in my Caster Racing 1/8 scale buggy with no problems. Works well and I have no complaints. Probably doesn't matter, but I run 2) 7.4 volt 6000mah Maxamps batteries.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote