Wiki Posts
Search

RANT: Sore Losers

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 12:54 PM
MDB
Suspended

Default RANT: Sore Losers

I thought that having a SPEC class would be a great thing. Well, I am here to tell you that it isn't a great thing anymore.

I read on another board today that another Slash racer is quitting. He just won a race in the Slash SPEC class recently, and was complained about. The sore losers said he cheated.

His Slash was 100% LEGAL. It's sad that these drivers, can't call them racers, would rather wreck others and play destruction derby than race. And when they lose, they bitch. Common with the band of scum they are.

Because of people like them, I am rethinking if I even want to race my Slash. I'm rethinking if I should sell my Slash. Because scum like those that whine are ruining the sport.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Got a link to the discussion board where this came up?
Old 10-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

I think your language is a bit extreme - OK, so people whinge, but to label a whole group of people as "scum" because of it is going too far.

But yes, people are sore losers. Doesn't matter what class, doesn't even matter what sport or pursuit, people don't like to lose and some can't deal with the fact they were beaten by a better competitor. Therefore they prefer to accuse them of cheating.

Don't let one person's experience put you off a whole class, experience it for yourself first.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

The guy shouldn't let them bother him...sore losers exist in every competitive endeavor. Fast guys in Slash are WAY faster than the rest of the pack, simply due to driving skill. We have a couple guys at Hot Rods who are so clearly better at driving a Slash than everyone else, they constantly get accused of cheating. Fact is, they're not...they're just that good at driving and setup.

People need to suck it up and realize that the 9-10 spinouts, flips and collisions they had in a race are the reason they lose to the fast guys.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Beat em at their own game. I've been accused of cheating myself and to shut them up I offer to run their stuff or their motors. Easy to point fingers when your behind.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah, totally! Just have them switch cars! haha. The faster driver will still win with a "slower" car.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If you are worried about who is faster than who or whatever, Slash class is probably not for you. I'm having too much fun racing Slash to complain. Most of the time at our track if someone get's a big lead that person will slow up to get back to some fender to fender racing action....I've been on both sides of that and the end result was a fun race and a fun finish. Leave the competitive stuff to the traditional classes.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

things like this are exactly why I stay away from spec classes now adays.For some reason people who have the attitude of" He's so much faster than every body else , so he has to be cheating" seem to gravitate towards spec classes.And of course it's never I should have taken some lines cleaner, or not cased that double set EVERY lap, or whatever.In their minds if you are faster than them you have to be cheating.These are the same people that dont get the concept that a stocker can put down faster or equal lap times than a mod if the driver of the mod is sloppy, or not smooth on the throttle.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:45 PM
Tech Initiate

What was it they accused him of? If they say his truck is not "spec", show them that it is. That should be easy enough. Now if they say he's cutting the track or something, that's a different story.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:49 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Spec racing is no different than alot of other classes other than it is suppose to be a little cheaper racing. It is no less competitive and tempers still flare. Sometimes Spec is worse because you get alot of newer guys running them and then mix in a few guys who can drive pretty good and problems start.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

one bad thing about the spec class with the titan motors is that it seems they are not consistent between motors.

i wonder if the old tricks guys did with mabuchi motors are valid on the slash motors?

wish they went brushless right away.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kdeselms
The guy shouldn't let them bother him...sore losers exist in every competitive endeavor. Fast guys in Slash are WAY faster than the rest of the pack, simply due to driving skill. We have a couple guys at Hot Rods who are so clearly better at driving a Slash than everyone else, they constantly get accused of cheating. Fact is, they're not...they're just that good at driving and setup.

People need to suck it up and realize that the 9-10 spinouts, flips and collisions they had in a race are the reason they lose to the fast guys.
I'll block 'em on Tuesday's so you can win if you'll return the favor on Saturday's for me.

To OP, you can't be serious about quitting a class because of a few whiners. They (the whiners) are in every class...along w/ those elusive fast guys (unless you're that guy we're always chasing).

I personally like racing against the crazy fast guys (at HRH for me as well) in Slash. It shows me where the bar is.

Just remind the whiners;

Old 10-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain
one bad thing about the spec class with the titan motors is that it seems they are not consistent between motors.

i wonder if the old tricks guys did with mabuchi motors are valid on the slash motors?

wish they went brushless right away.
I agree with the titans not being equal, that said I know a few tricks for the HV titans (Emaxx) that will legally pep up any titan. First and foremost is getting the gearing right and just running the motor, The looser it gets the better. The fastest guy is probably just getting more practice, knows the track and has a looser motor. I used to have the same problem with slot cars (1/24 big track, not H.O.'s) I ran stock motors (no mods) and would just run them till they loosened up then they became my race motors
Old 10-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Adept

A few people whined and he quit? Wow, that's pathetic. Maybe he needs to find a new hobby.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Cain

Yes they do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.