Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Elections go On-Line!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default ROAR Elections go On-Line!!!!

It's the ROAR election season, time to vote for your ROAR Presidential canadate and even numbered Region directors. This year's voting and future voting can be done on-line. It's easy to do and fast. If you've used the on-line member registration then you'll already have an account, if not you'll need to create one, very simple. Click HERE for a direct link to the member log-in page create your account and vote.

Last edited by schurcr; 10-02-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Guys,

My name is Kevin Boyle and I am running for Region 2 Director. I have been racing On and Off Road for over 10 years. Over the past year we have added several new tracks to the ROAR family and I have started to bring the family values back into the racing scene.

I pushed really hard to get the Off Road program back on its feet and we had some great races in 2008. I feel that I have lost the contacts I had with the On Road Racers but that will change if re-elected. This Job can not be done by just one man. I would like to ask Chris Whitney for his help in 2009 improve the On Road program.

I feel ROAR has set up some great rules for all the classes but some of the rules need to change with the times. With that said I will always listen to what the racers are looking for and work with ROAR to make that happen.

If you have any questions on what I stand for let me know

Kevin Boyle
Old 10-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default ROAR Elections

Best of Luck to any member putting themselves up for election.

Many people may not even have an sense of the duties of our Region Directors. I think all members running or not should take a moment and review the Region Directors Handbook. It is dated 2006, but it will give a sense of the duty to position holds.

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...ctormanual.pdf

You can also review the Duties of the Executive Committee Members by reviewing the ROAR By Laws

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/ROARByLaws2008.pdf

ROAR deserves those seeking our elected and appointed positions be prepared and committed to the time and responsibility the positions demand. We as a membership and organization are not served if people fill positions then disappear.

The items we have in front of us will require attention at all levels of leadership. The members now have an effective way to cast ballots for elected positions.

Vote, but most importantly Vote informed
Old 10-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I am running for Region 10 Director and below is some information about me.

Some changes I would make if elected include:

1. Region 10 Based website. Much like the Wyomingrc.com website, the new site would cater to Region 10 events and news. I would probably install an additional Web Forum to cater to the entire region. Additionally, the site will have a much more comprehensive administration section for managing events.

2. Work to increase the regional & state races in our region. I realize the difficulty of the size of our region, but we do offer virtually every type of racing available here. Our region holds many great venues, and I hope to increase participation at all facilities. Most notably, I would like to get more Utah tracks back into the ROAR fold or at the very least, coordinate their trophy events with other events in our region to avoid potential conflicts.

About me for those that don't know a lot. I've been racing off-road since 2004, and started racing electric on-road last year. I have both electric and a Nitro vehicles.

I've been the Treasurer and Secretary for the Wyoming Modelers' Park Association since the summer of 2006. Upon being elected at this position, I have discussed with my club that I would step down from this role as to not over extend myself. As treasurer, I have implemented many ideas that have reduced expenditures and raised income for our club so that we could improve our facility. Our club's park currently offers off-road and on-road tracks along with a flying field.

I served as the Race Director for 2007 at the off-road track, and this year as the on-road Race Director. As such, I have stayed on top of new types of racing, rules, and technology.

I created the wyomingrc.com website (with the continued help of other racers in Wyoming to manage it). This website features club information on facilities in Wyoming, Event calendar listing all race events, both club level to trophy events. It also has a forum, dedicated to each track, plus general topics.

I regularly attend races that are not held at my home track. And each year, I expand my traveling to include new tracks. This year, I visited, Magna and Rock Springs. Each year I generally budget to attend 3 to 4 events.

I am not a sponsored racer. I race out of pocket, and fully understand the issues that the club level racer feels and I continue to work hard to improve that at our club and would like to work on improving that for our region and nation. Some things that I have implemented in the past for our local track include: Parts & tire supplies at our club races. We do not have a local hobby shop, so I try to make sure to have enough to cover our racers in case of breaks. Rental Truck program. Our club offers rental electric scale T4s for people to try out.

Professionally, I am a web developer for a local community college.

If you wish, feel free to contact me at paul @ wyomingmodelers.com and I'll be happy to discuss with you over e-mail, or setup a phone call to discuss my ideas.

Thanks for your support.
Paul Branham
Old 10-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey everyone, this is Gary "Bigfoot" O'Brien posting here on a friends account. My account won't work here so i'm borrowing a friends computer here at the track to post.

My past qualifications include 2 term ROAR Region 9 director for Texas and Oklahoma. I successfully brought this region togther, increased ROAR membership and Tracks in our region, as well as having regional events for all scales. Since my departure as region director, membership has gone down, and less tracks are ROAR sanctioned in our region, and less regional events have been held.

Currently I am serving on the ROAR Offroad electric committee.

I have attended numerous national events over the years, as well as helping at national events in the capacity of scorkeeping, announcing,and referee.

Most of the big racing teams know me by my first name or my knickname, "Bigfoot" or just "foot".

All I can say is vote how you wish, but I would appreciate your vote for President of ROAR.

My myspace is garybigfootobrien, if you wish to visit it. Thanks for your time. Gary "Bigfoot" OBrien.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

you got me at hi everyone,

good luck and you got my vote

Ritchie
Old 10-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Gary has a good point. Region 9 fell on its butt when Gary stopped as director. Now it stinks. He's a good guy who cares about racing.

And we all know what Dawn has done for Roar. No need to explain that. So get over there and vote. Doesn't matter who you vote for, just make sure you do it.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Guys,

Just one more day to vote for even number region directors.

As I stated before I feel that the Region Director can not be a one man show and I am looking forward to work with Chris Whitney and Nova F1 Racer if re-elected. I am sure with their help we can bring the on road program back up to speed. We have an electric on road Regional coming up on November 15th 2008.

I have already started to work on the 2009 off -road schedule and will soon work on the on road program with some help from my friends.

Any questions please post here or drop me a line at [email protected].

Thanks

Kevin Boyle