Wiki Posts
Search

BK edition - XXX

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default XXX - BK2

i heard that losi came out with a new version of the XXX, which is the BK2 edition.

anyone heard of saw it already? any comments?

Last edited by highwayman; 09-16-2003 at 04:55 AM.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

the BK eddition of the XXX AKA the XXX-KE is an exact repleca of the XXX but with hop ups included. it includes graphite suspension components and titanium turnbuckles allong others too. it is one of the only contenders with the B4 by associated.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:41 PM
Tech Rookie

http://www.teamlosi.com/kits/XXXKinwald.htm
Old 09-10-2003, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

The BK edition has been out for well over a year. They don't even make a standard XXX anymore.

There may be a new updated kit out after the worlds, but that is only speculation.
Old 09-13-2003, 01:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Interesting...here's something new I just saw on Losi's site: http://www.teamlosi.com/kits/Bk2.htm
Old 09-13-2003, 10:01 PM
Tech Regular

Losi released news of the car earlier than expected. The car will be out sometime after the worlds. Factory guys going to the worlds should be getting the update parts in the next week or so I understand. It will take time to package the kits and get them out.
Old 09-14-2003, 04:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

on the team losi website it says that the kit will be out in november, i can't wait
Old 09-14-2003, 07:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah and I was just about to buy a XXX-KE this weekend...perhaps I should wait? But I want my car now! Whaaaaa!!

Old 09-14-2003, 09:48 PM
Tech Regular

If you want a car now, buy a B4.

Just kidding, just kidding. Open shot, had to take it. I'd assume most of the upgrades would be able to work with the KE, so you can buy the KE now and update to the new parts later.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:58 AM
Tech Rookie

I'd assume most of the upgrades would be able to work with the KE, so you can buy the KE now and update to the new parts later.
Hmm actually I was thinking of doing just that. Or perhaps I am going to buy an on road car, as I do already have an off road truck...
Old 09-15-2003, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I almost bought a B4 yesterday, then I saw the news on Losi's web site. Glad I waited. Can not wait to get the new buggy.

Later,
Old 09-15-2003, 06:11 AM
Tech Adept

I wouldn't try do piece mill it together. There is alot of new parts. Especially in the rear.

You could buy a KE edition used on ebay for a good price and just race it until the new one comes out and then resale the KE. If you sold it for what you bought it for just even at a $20-30 loose it wouldn't be that bad.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

You oughta rename this thread to XXX-BK2, since that's the official name of the buggy. It should have it's own thread, seperate from the original BK.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Guys I have driven the B4 and the XXXke and have LOTS of experience making A mains at big events for the past 7 yrs or more.
The B4 works really well on SMOOTH tracks in a Trained persons hands.But thats really about it.

The losi if setup right handles better on almost ANY track.When traction becomes a problem the B4 is LOST where as the XXXke can be adjusted.The Losi is ALOT more stable,consistant expecially for the everyday racer.Plus I think overall quality EXPECIALLY the shocks are better.
The New car's MAIN deal will be a different tranny layout and 2 hinge pin locations for front and rear arms.
The New Tranny sits lower and also a lil more forward to get more towards the FRONT of the car and LOWER for lower CG.
If you guys will install a lil weight in the nose of the car under the front bumper like ALL the TEAM guys have you will have some better turning.I like the losi hands down in MOST people's hands and on MOST tracks.
If experienced and running on SMOOTH tracks then the B4 can be nice.Notice in the test they had in Car Action they ran factory tires?No wonder the XXX didnt turn like they wanted.EVERYONE with Experience KNOWS X-2000's while a NICE tire has TONS of forward bite making it hard to turn.Kit To Kit out of the box with BOX stock setup and BOX stock gearing.B4.But in the right of the cars I dont know ANYONE using STOCK setup,STOCK tires or STOCK gearing.They say the B4 accelerated harder.Thats due to the Losi Gearing being TOO high as recommended on most tracks.
Goodluck and the new car will be nice.Till now the XXXKE wins at alot of the area tracks I visit every weekend still.
Goodluck guys and Enjoy the Hobby.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

so if you have a xxx now is there going to be an update kit or is it a whole new car?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.