R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 09-18-2008, 03:05 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to ryanroma Send a message via MSN to ryanroma Send a message via Yahoo to ryanroma
Default Preparing Stampede VXL for track Sunday

Okay, so this is one of two of my RCs right now and it's the only one I'll be able to drive right when I get to the track; the other is an Ofna Ultra LX-One which hasn't been broken in yet, so I am trying to ready my Stampede for the track. I am trying to figure out, what should I take off and clean, should I put 30 or 35 weight shock oil in the shocks or what comes stock, etc?

I need to clean it anyways, just want to figure out what all I should go over to make sure it's in perfect condition for the track.

FYI- I used to race at Red Stick Raceway in Baton Rouge, but after they closed the doors something like 4 years ago or more, I kinda lost interest in the hobby and forgot what all I should check before going to the track.
ryanroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 04:01 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to ryanroma Send a message via MSN to ryanroma Send a message via Yahoo to ryanroma

Anyone?
Old 09-18-2008, 04:10 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to RC Dad

I'd suggest removing any spacers on the shocks to bring the truck as low as possible for improved cornering. Ditch the stock tires if you haven't already and gear that brushless down 3-4 teeth on the pinion from stock so your power moves into a usable band for the track.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:59 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Well I threw an 83T spur on there if that helps anything, it runs much cooler now.. Thanks for the one and only reply in my thread.. And by chance are you on the Traxxas forums too?
Old 09-19-2008, 02:46 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Anyone else?
Old 09-20-2008, 12:29 AM   #6
Tech Regular

Glad I checked a few minutes ago when I got bored and decided to pull the truck apart... The front right shock had somehow gotten damaged or loosened, still trying to figure it out, but whatever happened, it leaked shock oil all down the hardware and into the little brace in the a-arm and had a good amount of dirt up in it.. Going clean out the shocks and refill them with the rest of my 35wt lol..