R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Gearing for t3 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/24268-gearing-t3.html)

jumpinjackflash 09-12-2003 10:51 PM

Gearing for t3

Just recently bought a used ae t3 running both a 14 double and 12 double with a 87 spur what pinons should I run with each motor? I use 2400 nicads. Please help.

R/C cult leader 09-14-2003 12:10 AM

if i were you i would try using a 6 tooth on the 14 turn and a 29 tooth on the 12 turn. that should work REAL good for you. what are you doing asking these guys in here when there is a perfectly good hobbie shop in spokane that you could cal. maybe you could talk to skip johnson. the one legged hobbie guy. or maybe get that stud super me to help you with your gearing? see ya later.

TexRacer 09-21-2003 10:40 AM

R.C cult leader Saying:..If I were you i would try using a 6 tooth on the 14 turn and a 29 tooth on the 12 turn.

What the heck?No dont do this.This is WAYYYY off.
DONT DO WHAT HE SAID.VERY BAD INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6 tooth pinion on the 14 turn?lol.wow.Thats undergeared.
and a 29 tooth on a 12 turn?Thats 17 teeth over my man can we say OVERGEARED.Ouch.Please not trying to be mean but if you dont have the right knowledge please dont give advise.This could really mess someone's equipment up.

Racing wise we call it Teeth over the wind.
When someone says gear 6 over the wind that means example:
12 turn motor with 6 over is an 18 pinion
14 turn with 6 over is a 20 tooth Pinion

Under racing conditions we gear trucks 4-7 teeth over the wind on most mods.
If your drag racing and want more speed go as high as 10 over.
Example:
12 turn with 4 over would be a 16 tooth pinion
12 turn with 9 over would be a 21 tooth pinion.
Hope this helps.

R/C cult leader 09-21-2003 09:37 PM

easy tex. me and jack are friends and i am just messing with him. i run a hobby shop and he is one of my customers. he could have just picked up the phone or asked when he came in? i think sometimes we just like to see ourselves on the internet. right jack? see ya. had a great time at the pro series race in hayden id. adam drake was the man in both classes.

TexRacer 09-22-2003 06:11 AM

Cool deal good to hear,But one problem though.I understand the friendship and all but there are a TON of people that read this.So please even when joking please make note of that so OTHERS dont follow your joking advice.
Les

R/C cult leader 09-22-2003 09:27 AM

well i thought it was far enough off base that unless you are a total moron you would figure out that i was joking( got your attention didn't it?) ha ha. i've been running these ratios for years. my car goes really fast... for 2 seconds. goodbye until next time. R.R.

TexRacer 09-22-2003 09:30 AM

I guess you havent read many post on here and some of the questions asked.lol.You would be suprised.Hope you guys had a good weekend.
Les

R/C cult leader 09-22-2003 10:25 AM

hey if your ever in the northwest and want to race r/c cars we would like to race with you. check out our club site rcccs.com or my site (which does'nt do much) mitchellsrchobbies.com thanks see ya. Ron

TexRacer 09-22-2003 11:12 AM

Hey ron thanks for the invite.Im building a house for now but after the 1st of the year I would love to come up sometime.
Now all I need to do is find some transportation and a place to pull some carpet up.lol.
Les