Wiki Posts
Search

Losi products

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Losi products

Does anyone else think that losi comes out with products like every week unlike most companies. You would think they have bad products because of this cause it seems to me they think it out and make it in a short amount of time in my opinion.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Although I run nothing but Losi, they are now just a Traxxis like company. All they do is get other companies products and rebadge them. I just hope they will try to get back in the racing market.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiRox
Although I run nothing but Losi, they are now just a Traxxis like company. All they do is get other companies products and rebadge them. I just hope they will try to get back in the racing market.
if im not mistaken Losi sold their old xx (yes xx) design to Duratrax and Duratrax is still using that chasis for the ext and exb. RTR's are huge now. For the people who get say the Desert Truck they will get the xxx-cr over the b4 and rb5, the ad2 over the gt2, the 8ight over the rc8, the 8ight t over the rc8t. I couldnt think of any other buggies and truggies at the moment.

Losi is making ALOT of money now and the HIGHroller is gonna sell and so is the mini DT at $130 so they are mkaing alot of money for R&D for their race vehicles. Did you think they would the 8ight-E without any money to do r&d? They were testing it at about every track in california and beyond!
Old 09-13-2008, 10:05 PM
Tech Adept

Sweeeeet......I hope they do start getting back into the 1/10th electric market since it is getting popular again.....especuially 4wd. Now that would make my day because I loveeeee my Losi's. :-)
Old 09-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Losi really isn't "Losi" alone anymore, AE falls under this same notion. They are owned by Horizon and Thunder Tiger respectively. With this "merger" they bring a whole new side of business. I think Horizon has always been like Duratrax, where they develop and buy technologies. Sometimes from a business perspective, why spend precious R&D money to make a $199 RTR when they can take someone else's $100 RTR and just add marketing to it...

I don't see nothing wrong with this, so long as both of them are producing race-worthy machines like the B4, XXX-CR, B44, XXX-4 G+, 8ight, RC8, and etc...
Old 09-13-2008, 11:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

that is what i have been thinking because the high roller is like the traxxas stampede. it seems they are just copying their own products and changing them from nitro to electric versions or vise versa. They also sometimes like the high roller have been just copying another companies cars and making them their own with a different name and that losi name.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well.. Losi still makes quite a few top of the line race products... Yes they do have lots of RTRs and such.. but if they can't make money.. then they will also stop making the race stuff!

A lot of you guys don't realize just how small this hobby has become! When I first got into the hobby nearly 2 decades ago, we had 7 tracks within 30 miles and over a dozen hobby shops.... today there is 2 tracks.. and 4 shops... My local track, which closed 2 years ago had a 16 year run! When I first started we would have over 100 racers and 11-13 heats a night! Friday and Saturday! Now I have to drive 25 miles to race... 7 Heats is a good night.. and it is growing due to the RTR crowd.

I am happy Losi/Horizon is keeping my favorite hobby alive...

Jerome
Old 09-14-2008, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

???????

Losi makes a 1/10 monster truck that somewhat looks like a stampede and that`s rebadging . Rebadging is what RD Logics does , take an existing truck , throw some hopups on it and call it something else .

Losi made their own mills for the 8ight , 8ight-T , XXX-nt line , XXX-t line , XXX line , Jrxs line , minis and micros . The high roller has they same stance as a stampede but that is it , nothing else even compares the two to the same . There are more bashers then racers in todays market and why shouldn`t Losi and any other company market towards that ? It is this generations kids that brought upon this RTR market as many were lazy or didn`t want to build a car .

You hope they get back into the racing market ?
Where the heck have you been ? They have been in the racing market and just because they make RTRs for other non-racing customers doesn`t mean they stopped marketing for the racing scene . They just came out with an oval and E-8ight for the racing market along with a new 8ight that is coming out .

Please show all these "other companies products " Losi is stealing and rebadging .

Funny that you don`t run Losi , slamming them , and obviously know nothing about them , and yet you have Losi in your username .
Old 09-14-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by T4 Razer
Does anyone else think that losi comes out with products like every week unlike most companies. You would think they have bad products because of this cause it seems to me they think it out and make it in a short amount of time in my opinion.
I don`t think you understand how long it takes to come up with an idea for a product til it gets to production time . Not like they thought they would make an E-8ight last friday and came out with it today .

Just because the news isn`t released til the time the cars will be available means they make them in that short of time .
Old 09-14-2008, 08:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Agreed.

Losi has built and designed some of the best race machines we have today. Just because they make toy RTRs doesn't mean they are a toy company. I commend Losi for all the kits and racers they do have. The oval vehicles are spectacular also. And those are designed for RACING. And like the life of the hobby, those vehicles can be improved upon-altered-and hopped up for better performance.

Think of this; where would the hobby be without Losi? Things would be WAAAY worse in my opinion.

GO LOSI.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Briguy you blowhole.....did you even read what I said ?? I run nothing but LOSI....I am a LOSI guy but I think they are becoming like Traxxis and that bothers me.....I know they have to make money but they have neglected the 1/10th electric race market ie XXX, XXXT, XX4, XXX4......when was the last time they even talked about a 1/10th race car ??? The resurgence of the electric 4wd class is worthy of Losi looking into making a new car.....it would help boom the 1/10th electric classes more than it is now.

When I said they rebadge products, I wasnt talking about the cars you monkey.....I was talking about all of the other stuff they sell.....Im not against it, I was just saying thats what they do. I own their glues, pit mats, chairs, shirts, hats, etc....but that doesnt mean that they didnt rebadge the stuff. I was only making a statement that they seem like Traxxis and not a hardcore race company like they used to be. Thats my opinion and if you want to attack me for it THEN BRING IT ON !!! I will sling knuckles with you.....I dont give a F**K !!!!! I am entitled to my opinion....thats what a forum is for !!!!

If you dont think Im a LOSI guy.....go check out the XX4 forum on here....put that in ya cornpipe and smoke it mullaf***a !!!!!
Old 09-14-2008, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

My next purchase is a Losi 8ight Brushless conversion.....Im just an electric guy and I want to run 1/8th scale and the brushless conversion is the coolest thing Ive ever seen.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Real mature . Sorry I misread your first line . How do you know Losi doesn`t have anything in the works ? The current 1/10 electric lineup is great and IMO no need to change what is performing great . Exactly how did they neglect the 1/10 electric market ?
Old 09-14-2008, 08:57 AM
Tech Adept

I just get aggrivated when on these forums people get basically attacked for voicing an opinion. I do feel as if Losi is trying to be a Traxxas like company and its certainly not against the law, it just bothers me. Gil Losi Jr. obviously didnt like the direction his company was moving in.....he left. If they were still hardcore about racing and had plans to develop race cars in the electric market, I cant see him leaving. He is a 4wd guy and if they had any plans of making a new car there is no way he would have left. you see right when he got to Kyosho he starts working on the 4wd.

Im just scared that in 5 years, my XXXcr, XXX4, XXXTmf2, XX4 will be outdated and nothing new will be in the works. They are still viable race cars but if they do not come out with something new, eventually they will be too outdated.

Just an opinion and sorry for being so aggressive.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

I just get aggrivated when on these forums people get basically attacked for voicing an opinion. I do feel as if Losi is trying to be a Traxxas like company and its certainly not against the law, it just bothers me. Gil Losi Jr. obviously didnt like the direction his company was moving in.....he left. If they were still hardcore about racing and had plans to develop race cars in the electric market, I cant see him leaving. He is a 4wd guy and if they had any plans of making a new car there is no way he would have left. you see right when he got to Kyosho he starts working on the 4wd.

Im just scared that in 5 years, my XXXcr, XXX4, XXXTmf2, XX4 will be outdated and nothing new will be in the works. They are still viable race cars but if they do not come out with something new, eventually they will be too outdated.

Just an opinion and sorry for being so aggressive.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion . But to say they are not in the racing market is B.S.

Jr left after pops sold out to Horizon and didn`t like it at all and is why he moved on . There are other people [including some sponsored racers] that are involved in R&D for Losi . IMO the only thing they need to update right now is the XXX-4 as they stopped making the aluminum front pivots which the stock pivots are the weak points of the buggy .

FYI , that was not an attack at you . You would know when I attack someone . Your childish name calling is the attack in this thread so far .

Last edited by Briguy; 09-14-2008 at 09:54 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.