Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What has Roar done for me lately ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 11:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default What has Roar done for me lately ?

What has roar done for racing lately ? Why does it need to exist ?
Old 08-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Not another one of these threads.

ROAR is only as good as the people in it and to a degree, your regional director. Electric off-road is alive and well in region 1, but you wouldn't know it by looking at what ROAR does for us around here....Nothing!

Then there is Region 2, which is the absolute antithesis of Region 1. Their director has series going, state races, regionals, etc... and not just in electric off-road, in most forms. By most standards, he is doing a good job with the region.

Region 1??? Your guess is as good as mine. I guess if it not on-road, it doesn't matter to our director.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

I paid for a membership since Norcal Hobbies in Union City requires it to race or to practice.

That was 4 months ago over teh net. I signed up and everything. I printed out the "temporary membership card" that got sent to me over email, but they STILL haven't sent over my real membership card.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CE28N
I paid for a membership since Norcal Hobbies in Union City requires it to race or to practice.

That was 4 months ago over teh net. I signed up and everything. I printed out the "temporary membership card" that got sent to me over email, but they STILL haven't sent over my real membership card.
That's what i'm talking about !!

You spent money for stupid insurance for toy car racing for what ? No membership card nothing.

What does this do for our sport except divide our regions ?

I think roar needs to go down the tubes.

Oh yea they had like r/c ice road truckers !!

The region 2 guy puts his effort in which i like.... but.... what's it all for ?

Could you tell a roar race from a normal race ? naaa prolly not.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE

You spent money for stupid insurance for toy car racing for what ? No membership card nothing.

At one time, ROAR was relevant and the ROAR national championships meant something. They are still important, but there are other, more prestigious events on the calenders these days.

Don't forget, ROAR still holds the key to the Worlds and is the only North American member of IFMAR. Until that changes, ROAR is not going anywhere anytime soon.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE

Oh yea they had like r/c ice road truckers !!

The region 2 guy puts his effort in which i like.... but.... what's it all for ?

Could you tell a roar race from a normal race ? naaa prolly not.
HAHA I could! The Nats was by far the worse experience I've had at a "big" race. Won't be going back to those, I will still to the Cactus Classic and HRH Shootout.

They sucked all of the fun away. 500000000 things to tech ( I know why, but the methods were laughable and too time consuming ).
Old 08-27-2008, 12:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

They helped brushless motor manufactures sell more 17.5's by not allowing 13.5's in stock.

I would like to know where the "ROAR Lab" is located? This so called lab decided 17.5's are the same as 27T

.....yea I know this has been discussed before...oh well
Old 08-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Its very easy to complain about something, and its very difficult to organize, assist or construct something "better". ROAR has done a lot for racing over the years and that should not be forgotten. The races which have "more significance" are really nothing but glorified club races.

This years Nationals was very difficult as they were dealing with several new technologies (first adopters) and that usually means some teething problems. Besides that, they have extra liability if something does go wrong as opposed to the typical fly by the seat of the pants race.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Tech Regular

just remember people we race toy cars for bowling trophies.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by charly71
just remember people we race toy cars for bowling trophies.

Thats why i wanna know why roar is even needed, 30 bucks for nothing.

It's toycar racing not a grand prix where safety is a huge factor. Sure you could get hurt but seriously......

The track even has to pay roar to have a national race.

Roar holds the key to the worlds which is a race i don't think most are attending anytime soon or even care about. Sure it's nice to see who wins but it's still toy car racing.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default ROAR ?

Back in the day I can say ROAR was useful as a sanctioning body but recently I can't say I support their membership or policy. To wit: I attended one ROAR National event which I thought was a farse. Big name drivers were not penalized for missing a turn at marshalling, missed the drivers meeting and were given extra time to prep their cars. This tells me marketing plays more in ROAR politics than fair play for all. I'm all for competition, just make it fair and equal for all.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

To race electric at just a few local tracks ROAR is probably useless to you. If you want to compete against the best at big races you have to be a ROAR member. If you want to run nitro, you're probably going to have to be a ROAR member.

So what do you want from ROAR?

Once you have those answers, run for president and try to make it happen.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Roar is unconvienent, but they still make everything fare. i attended the nationals this year and it was my first ROAR race. At the beginning it was rough, but at the end of the weekend it was for sure the funnest race i have been to. Overall roar is not that bad, in my opionion.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nyourgrill
They helped brushless motor manufactures sell more 17.5's by not allowing 13.5's in stock.

I would like to know where the "ROAR Lab" is located? This so called lab decided 17.5's are the same as 27T

.....yea I know this has been discussed before...oh well
Man the 17.5 is just as fast as a 27t on dirt!!! the 13.5 is nowhere near a 27t!! Regardless ROAR has accomplished alot by setting standards for BL and li-po technology for racing. This was a great step that I honestly didnt expect for a couple more years. As for the 30.00 your membership costs, did you guys ever stop and think how much damage a 5lb car can inflict at 40MPH??? I personally know that it can break an ankle.Ask anybody from our local club that got sued when a bystander got injured and ended up with a broken ankle how cheap 30.00 a year is for liability insurance.Especially when it ends up in court.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

We all need a sanctioning body to keep rules in check so we don't see extremely wide cars, people wiring up 12 cell lipos...well you get the point. It is worth having the roar membership at a roar track where you do have insurance, in the case if someone slips and falls or gets hit with a car. You may never see it, but the risk is there, and that is where Roar steps up.

I do think some of Roar's leaders have some bias and/or incorrect information on some of the new technologies. I think this comes from the current approval processes where some manufactures might have some weight on rules. I think roar is heading in the right direction and some of these mis-understandings will work themselves out.

However, ROAR uses a voting system for their leaders. If you feel the leadership is heading in the wrong direction, sign up for ROAR and vote!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.