t-plate

Old 09-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carbon madness
He is, and I am the same way. Although I tend to stay netural in most subjects
My point was that he *didn't* stay neutral. He just made a call, said what was on his mind in a decent, honest way and did it in a civil way. In that way, it was a very unique post.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdMod
I dont know what to tell you porkey. in 4 years running b4/t4's I have broken 1 of the rear plates.I think if you switched to the alloy rear plates you would just start breaking arms or hub carriers.
wow! how long do u have your t4/b4 for
Originally Posted by trilerian
Hey Ty, first I think you need to chill a little bit, I am not trying to be rude, but wow, I have never heard you speak the way you have written in this post. Second, I told you not to post a problem with an associated vehicle on rctech, you are only asking for trouble when you say that associated has a problem with something, I think people here get a little too defensive when it comes to associated products. Then again they get defensive when you post something bad about Novak as well, so....

But rest assured you are not the only one breaking t-plates, I believe Saturday there were a total of 4 people who broke one. I had 3 spares at the beginning of the day and left with only 1 spare and I didn't break one, but yes I have broke them, and that is the reason why I have spares. Anyways, the reason they are breaking is because of the jump landing not being very forgiving. A way to stop breaking them would be to stiffen up the rear suspension a little, however I do know that will result in a loss of traction. Another thing to try is to get on the brakes as soon as the car jumps to try and get the nose down a little letting the front end absorb most of the jolt from landing, so long as you don't plow the front end into the ground the rear of the car should land softer.

And guys, give the kid a break. He does know how to drive, I am not trying to play him up like he is great, but I would say he is an average driver. But posts like "learn to drive and you will stop breaking parts" without knowing the driver are just plain and simply, ignorant.

Although Ty, I do think you did your fair share of, well, acting like a child. So some of what you got you deserved. And it pains me to see someone that I drive with on a regular basis display that sort of behavior, and I do think an apology would be appropriate to some here. Anyways, those are my thoughts, take them or leave them as you will and mind you I mean no ill will towards you.
Andy,
it take a lot for me to get mad but when there is people posting
and telling me i suck and insulting me i get a little mad but i haven't gotin
this mad at the track never some times ill be like o piss or damn it
but i only happens when i break
Old 09-05-2008, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

This kids is like the new B-mag.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SQC049
OHHHH! No he didn't just go there. LOL.

No problems with T-plate on my 1/10 vehicles. I broke one on my Losi buggy last year, that's about it.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The t-plate isn't a notoriously weak part. I've broken 1 in 4 years or so, and that was when I was passing someone in the air and they came up the jump face and t-boned me underneath. I heard it crack from the drivers' stand, LOL. But there's a lesson to be learned here. If there's a spot on the track where 3 or 4 people broke last week and you're one of them who keeps breaking there, FIND A DIFFERENT WAY TO DRIVE THAT SECTION! Just b/c the fastest drivers can clear it doesn't mean everyone can, you have to drive to your own skill level. To finish first, first you have to finish Grasshoppa!
Old 09-05-2008, 07:24 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by SQC049
rofl
Old 09-05-2008, 07:33 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by cjtamu
But there's a lesson to be learned here. If there's a spot on the track where 3 or 4 people broke last week and you're one of them who keeps breaking there, FIND A DIFFERENT WAY TO DRIVE THAT SECTION! Just b/c the fastest drivers can clear it doesn't mean everyone can, you have to drive to your own skill level. To finish first, first you have to finish Grasshoppa!
truer words have never been spoken

reminds me of a time last year when a guy that was being blazingly fast (whole lotta motor) and kept bragging what a great driver he thought he was "at least when he finished a race" and after getting tired of hearing it week in and week out I finally told him that he'd be a lot better of a driver if he'd actually win regularly and to win regularly he needed to finish every race and to finish he needed to stop wrecking and breaking parts.
the bragging ended that day
Old 09-05-2008, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCabcs
truer words have never been spoken

reminds me of a time last year when a guy that was being blazingly fast (whole lotta motor) and kept bragging what a great driver he thought he was "at least when he finished a race" and after getting tired of hearing it week in and week out I finally told him that he'd be a lot better of a driver if he'd actually win regularly and to win regularly he needed to finish every race and to finish he needed to stop wrecking and breaking parts.
the bragging ended that day
LOL, I learned the hard way. 6 years ago I showed up with my brand new RC10GT at what I thought was a club race, turned out it was a big regional race, 140+ entries. I stayed, ran Sportsman, and was in 3rd with about 1:30 left and a big lead over 4th and was gonna podium in my first race. That's when I decided to race the first place truck (who was lapping me again) down the straight. You know how that ended, LOL. By the time they got the ballcup back on and refired it I was in 4th. Lesson 1: if people are lapping you there's a reason for it, let them by when you have a chance. Back then Frosty, Joor, Nick Angelides, Cristian Tabush, etc. were still racing here and I learned Lesson 2: Just cause guys with world class skills drive the track a certain way it doesn't mean you can! It only took about $50 worth of broken parts to figure that out. Slow learner I guess, ha ha ha.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

im going to get a aluminum t-plate to solve this problem
Old 09-05-2008, 02:10 PM
ruf
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cjtamu
Back then Frosty, Joor, Nick Angelides, Cristian Tabush, etc. were still racing here
Ah, those guys can't drive either...
Old 09-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ruf
Ah, those guys can't drive either...
Well, they all learned eventually except that Tabush guy. I always hear it was his partner that held him back though.

Porkey, I'm not trying to be rude but I don't think the T-plate will solve your problem. It won't break, yeah, but if you case that jump the force has to go somewhere. That mean either other broken plastic or stripped screws. Find a day when the track isn't busy and run that section over and over, or find another line.