Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Vintage Off-road R/C Thread >

Vintage Off-road R/C Thread

Vintage Off-road R/C Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Here is something you dont see everyday AYK VIPER / AYK SHUTTLE
Attached Thumbnails Vintage Off-road R/C Thread-011.jpg   Vintage Off-road R/C Thread-026.jpg  
Old 08-22-2011, 01:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

keep the pics coming guys - great thread!!
Old 08-22-2011, 03:10 AM
Tech Initiate

I bought this beauty NIB about 8 years ago:

Old 09-29-2011, 11:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi Guys,
Back when when my now ex-wife (and mother of my 2 girls) and I were in 89-90 or so, her father owned an "R/C Pro Shop". he used to promote it by racing at AJB Raceway in West Covina California, which is actually were I met her. A couple years later, her father had to shut his shop down. He moved to Laughlin and stored all his old R/C stuff. Recently her father passed away and while she was cleaning out her fathers belongings from his home, she found all his old product from the shop. I volunteered to sell off this stuff for the grand children to split. Well today her brother brought some of the stuff to my house. Apparently this is just the tip of the ice berg. There were no kits left but tons of motors, parts, bodies and all kinds of misc stuff. This is literally going to take forever to move. Luckily there is no rush but man do I have my hands full. Here is a very small sampling of some stuff.
Yikes LOL,
Rich
Batteries and motors...Twister Pocket Rockets...I loved those motors LOL

Anybody know what trans this is, the header card is almost gone

Bodies, there are some Yokomo Protech 4 bodies, Losi JRX2 bodies and all kinds of others..even the old Parma Semi Truck bodies

jammin parts

Just some misc Yokomo parts in this box but how about that JG Yokomo Monster Truck conversion!

How about Titan ESC?
Old 09-29-2011, 11:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My friend's RC10T
Attached Thumbnails Vintage Off-road R/C Thread-rc10t.jpg   Vintage Off-road R/C Thread-rc10t-front.jpg  
Old 09-29-2011, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rich Trujillo View Post
Hi Guys,
Back when when my now ex-wife (and mother of my 2 girls) and I were in 89-90 or so, her father owned an "R/C Pro Shop". he used to promote it by racing at AJB Raceway in West Covina California, which is actually were I met her. A couple years later, her father had to shut his shop down. He moved to Laughlin and stored all his old R/C stuff. Recently her father passed away and while she was cleaning out her fathers belongings from his home, she found all his old product from the shop. I volunteered to sell off this stuff for the grand children to split. Well today her brother brought some of the stuff to my house. Apparently this is just the tip of the ice berg. There were no kits left but tons of motors, parts, bodies and all kinds of misc stuff. This is literally going to take forever to move. Luckily there is no rush but man do I have my hands full. Here is a very small sampling of some stuff.
Yikes LOL,
Rich

Bodies, there are some Yokomo Protech 4 bodies, Losi JRX2 bodies and all kinds of others..even the old Parma Semi Truck bodies

jammin parts

Just some misc Yokomo parts in this box but how about that JG Yokomo Monster Truck conversion!

How about Titan ESC?
WOW!!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

The company who made that gearbox is named in that picture. It's an MIP RC-10 gearbox. At least that's what it looks like.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain View Post
The company who made that gearbox is named in that picture. It's an MIP RC-10 gearbox. At least that's what it looks like.
thanks, I knew it was MIP I'm just wasn't clear on what the gear box was for, now I do, thanks again,
Rich
Old 09-30-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

I think it is. It's hard to tell. You had to drill new holes to mount them so looking for an RC10 bolt pattern wouldn't do any good anyways.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

the MIP SP-1 tranny (I believe that was the model) was a direct fit for the 6 gear, A stamped RC10 chassis, no drilling needed.

Rich, i am local, I could come over and "help"
Old 09-30-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Really? I didn't know they had a direct bolt in. The cars I remember seeing equipped with them all had new bolt hole patterns. Did they have one that was generic that you could just adapt to whatever you wanted? Back then many of the aftermarket raced out versions of cars all looked alike. I remember seeing RC-10's, JRX's, and Ultimas, all having graphite chassis, aftermarket trailing arms, and aftermarket gearboxes so that in the end they were really the same car with a different front end and body. I wonder if MIP had a gearbox that was just an adapt to what you've got? I'm not MIP expert and I never had one so I don't know.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rich Trujillo View Post
Hi Guys,
Yikes LOL,
Rich

jammin parts

How about Titan ESC?
I think I just made a mess in my pants after seeing this lot! The MIP tranny is gold! I loved the Revolution stock motors were my prefered motor in stock.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

The RC10 is all ready for some racing this weekend. It's so fun to wheel around the track with the new cars.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

EDIT: Nevermind I looked at it wrong.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Heres mine. Kinda vintage, kinda not. RC10T2 pan and shock towers, Traxxas bandit arms, custom bulkheads, b4 trans, bones, axles and caster blocks.

Nick

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.