Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Vintage Off-road R/C Thread >

Vintage Off-road R/C Thread

Vintage Off-road R/C Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I want to see if someone has pictures of old rc10 with mip 4wd conversion kit.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by squarehead View Post
Here ya go... welcome to 1987

Not yet complete Houge trailing arm RC10 with MIP planetary gear diff, Checkpoint modified motor and Kyosho gold shocks.

Fully restored original JRX2 - Race Prep stock motor, Team Smooth 7-cell SCRs, Novak electronics and original body and wing.

Maybe a virtually new RC10 Graphite Team Car? Remember Wimpy motors and SCRC 1700s?

How about an original YZ10?

Another blast from the past—the original bad boy 4wd buggy—an RPS (Losi) Yokomo Dogfighter SE. Soon to receive a Delta graphite chassis, Checkpoint mod motor, 1200SC Sanyos and original Novak electronics.

A work in progress... original Schumacher short wheelbase CAT. I have everything for the car except the original body and upper belt cover.

a 7 cell hump side by side pack, classic red sanyo cells, these pics are awesome!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mark in wi View Post
I need a set of dog bones for my a stamp gold pan. Not a fan of the Bay!! Could someone measure the length of their dog bones so I might be able to find a substitute. Even better if you know of a good substitute!!

thanks
Mark
if your not opposed to upgrading, MIP still sells the CVD kit for the goldie.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jk racing View Post
if your not opposed to upgrading, MIP still sells the CVD kit for the goldie.
Not opposed at all. I would be happy but I just don't want to have to go out and buy new wheels and all sorts of other parts to change over. Its not a shelf queen but I'm trying to spend as little on it so I can keep running my newer stuff.

Would you happen to know a part number??

thanks for the help,
Mark
Old 01-15-2013, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default Parts found, NIP

Hi guys,

I found some parts of my old Yokomo Super Dog Fighter and Works '93.
NIP. A front Magnesium Bulkhead suited for both cars and steering c-hubs for a Works '93 model. Anyone interested?
Attached Thumbnails Vintage Off-road R/C Thread-steering-hubs-works-93.jpg   Vintage Off-road R/C Thread-front-bulkhead.jpg  
Old 01-15-2013, 10:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I am wanting to build a Kyosho optima. Any suggestions of where to start. I don't have the car yet but wanting to start.

Btw guys awesome pics and awesome cars.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mark in wi View Post
Not opposed at all. I would be happy but I just don't want to have to go out and buy new wheels and all sorts of other parts to change over. Its not a shelf queen but I'm trying to spend as little on it so I can keep running my newer stuff.

Would you happen to know a part number??

thanks for the help,
Mark
Direct replacement part, no need to change wheels, these have the classic 1/4" tapered axles...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAV59&P=7
Old 01-16-2013, 01:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Would you guys consider the Traxxas SRT and Trx3 as vintage?
Old 01-16-2013, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

If you send me the SRT & TCP, I will gladly add them to my vintage racers lineup and ensure they get run
Old 01-16-2013, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rc10t3b4 View Post
Would you guys consider the Traxxas SRT and Trx3 as vintage?
Yes, they're vintage in my opinion.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you can get bodys at blue groove racing in canada and Kamtec in the uk.

We are starting our 2nd vintage series in the southeast usa soon.
All vintage cars have to run the 540 silvercan motor and the venom 3000 battery in 4 classes

2wd buggy
4wd buggy
stadium truck
Sportsman. this is a class for all of the old plastic like the hornet, Raider, and other entry level cars chassis cars.
For those that have vintage but prefer bl motors they have their own class but not for points

Vintage racing rules!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJGonzo69 View Post
The JD Beckwith Dukomo replica paint scheme...
Sweet car! Hey, what tires are those? Kyosho's, right? That's what I'm running on the car in my Avatar but I can't remember what they were called anymore. The original fuzzie clay track tire.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tom_chang79 View Post
losidriver70, you sparked my memory of days when Masami drove his "stealth" buggy! I wanted one of those so bad, but was disappointed that his buggy was made with lots of prototype parts that weren't available to the general public...

His "Stealth" car was the sh*t! It used to beat the pants out of everyone at the major races... His driving had some part also

What I would really love to see would be RC10CE vs. Jrx-Pros. Another great classic was the Jrx-Pro SE which pretty much revolutionized 2WD buggies. The Jrx-Pro SE was the buggy that every 2WD buggies model after, with its molded chassis (when others were using aluminum and graphite) and slipper clutch... It was also a handsome buggy to boot...

I loved my RC10CE Graphite when I used to run it, but just hated the damn transmission. I've since replaced it with the Stealth transmission (the first one, the white-cased one with the casing that hugs the gears).

Still, even the stealth transmission was a rip off of MIP's transmission, which was THE hopup to get when everyone else (Losi, AE) were using transmission that had more then 4 gears in the tranny...

MIP's 3-gear design is what EVERY 2WD buggy and truck uses. His design was so practical, you got your outdrive/diff gear, an idler, and the top shaft. Still, the old AE transmission wasn't too shabby if you used bearings. I had bushings in mine (back then, you can get ball bearing option or bushing option). There were so many RCCA articles on how to build RC10's transmission for a super-smooth operation. These articles covered stuff like milling out the bearing slots to accept larger diameter bearings to reduce the RPM for rattle and vibration. I'd shed a tear of nostalgia if someone can post a pic of their vintage Jrx or RC10 with and MIP transmission bolted on... Hell, I'll shed two tears if someone can post one of the "chain" drive transmission that were offered in the small ads inside the RCCA issues of yesteryear!
Tom, I think the chain drive transmission was the A&L conversion if memory serves me. They were loud and I don't think they had a diff?
Old 04-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by squarehead View Post
Here ya go... welcome to 1987

Fully restored original JRX2 - Race Prep stock motor, Team Smooth 7-cell SCRs, Novak electronics and original body and wing.

Love your cars, especially the JRX2 with the 5-link. Those were awesome! 1987 is right about when I started racing RC cars - so many great racing memories.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
Tom, I think the chain drive transmission was the A&L conversion if memory serves me. They were loud and I don't think they had a diff?
A&L was a belt drive. The chain drive was from Team Pit Stop. It had a ball diff.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.