Community
Wiki Posts
Search

t4/b4/b44 sway bar question

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 07:38 PM

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default t4/b4/b44 sway bar question

does anyone use them? i know what it does but whats the difference with/without it?
Old 08-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I left you a reply in the b4/t4 thread however the sway bar tightens up the rear of the vehicle. Some claim that more traction is available in the rear without the swaybar, but i prefer the locked in feeling of the bar vs. the looseness without. On high traction indoor tracks, i mainly use it to prevent traction rolls. In fact, that's what started me using one in the first place. But since then and after much research and testing, I use them with my outdoor racing program as well. Try it you just might like it.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

With rear sway bar you should gain some steering. but unstable in rough sections
Without rear sway well more rear roll, may have a slower reaction when steering and should have less steering but more rear traction.
Best bet is to try them out, if no one at your local track is running them there moght be a good reason for it.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i have found that putting a swaybar onto my b4 it has helped my cornering alot, keeps the car sitting flatter throughout the corners. Kinda more predictable