R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   xxx4/ xx-4 guys... custom made alum. casterblocks and 7.5deg front hinigepin carrier (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/239606-xxx4-xx-4-guys-custom-made-alum-casterblocks-7-5deg-front-hinigepin-carrier.html)

chedda bob 08-28-2008 04:36 PM

xxx4/ xx-4 guys... custom made alum. casterblocks and 7.5deg front hinigepin carrier

5 Attachment(s)
yes, they are done.... at least for now. i have made mention of the front holders as well as the caster blocks in the xxx-4 thread and figured i would just start a new one here so everyone knows, rather then the few that actually go through the entire thread.

front hingepin holder: these are an exact replica of the plastic 7.5 deg carrier and fit perfectly. they are made out of 6061 aluminum and have a nice sandblasted finish :) i have roughly 8 of them for sale at this moment in time and have zero problems making more as they are relatively easy to make. i'm probably going to ask $20 shipped each piece due to mostly the materials.

casterblocks: now these are notorious for breaking on the xxx-4, as well as on the xx-4 (yes they are the same if you didnt know)... i am only making roughly 5 sets of these as they are VERY time consuming and labor intensive. if more people want them after the 5 sets they will be made TO ORDER.... simple as that. i am asking $50 shipped a pair.... yes 50. if you dont like the price by all means, go ahead and make you own:nod:(again, not being rude just like stated, very labor intensive..)

here are the pics i have, any questions please feel free to ask away.... need something small made in alum, again please feel free to ask away:nod:

chedda bob 08-29-2008 02:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
wow, quite a bit of interest on this stuff :nod: looks like 4 or 5 of the 8 braces are ptentially sold already as well as a set of caster blocks..... get em while they are hot!!!:tire::tire:

finally got someone to send me a pic of one of the front kickups installed on their car.

hurry up and get em guys, only 5 left!! dont forget about the caster blocks too:nod:

chedda bob 08-30-2008 04:32 AM

ok, so i had like 20 people pm me on stuff and then disappeared...... i'm taking this stuff to the track with me today so i will update what i have left after the raceday is over

XXXDad 08-30-2008 04:42 AM

Good job... Nice work! Just keep them available and before you know it they will be gone! Add some color and Presto!! I'll be in touch! Do you take Paypal?
:nod:

chedda bob 08-30-2008 04:31 PM

yes i do take paypal and is preferred!

as far as the color, etc.... i really do not want to invest any more $$ into this stuff, only because for the most part it's already hard to get what i want out of em as it is:( but i appreciate the feedback on em!

and everything is still here, not a single person has replied to me yet so bring it on guys and gals!:nod:

chedda bob 09-01-2008 05:22 AM

where did everyone go? i had over 10 pm's the 1st night:tire:

Tater salad 09-01-2008 10:50 AM

you have a PM

chedda bob 09-01-2008 01:48 PM

thanks again Eli, it will go out tomorrow!

just to mention guys and gals, i have one set of casterblocks complete and in hand as of now, so if someone wants a set and doesn't want to wait for them to be made, please by all means let me know.

Tater salad 09-01-2008 02:37 PM

sweet am i the first buyer?

chedda bob 09-01-2008 04:20 PM

yes, i had a flood of pm's when i first posted this and no one has gotten back with me....:flaming:

Tater salad 09-01-2008 04:30 PM

maybe its the calm before the storm. Or everyone has gotten used to running the 5F and 10F blocks.
As far as the caster blocks go, ive broken more spindles/hub carriers than caster blocks, not sure if you could have both in aluminum, i know losi made some along time ago.

chedda bob 09-01-2008 04:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
also worth mentioning..... local losi driver dakotah phend has used the caster blocks as well as the front kickup to win the last 2 nationals :nod:

http://www.redrc.net/2008/08/phend-d...r-stock-class/

chedda bob 09-02-2008 06:26 AM

cmon guys, have 5 sets of blocks ready to go and 7 of the kickups:nod:

Tater salad 09-02-2008 07:38 PM

Im amazed that nobody else has bought these since you cant find them anywhere, i did find some in AU. a while back but it would have cost me some 70 bucks for 2 7.5F blocks shipped, $42 just for the blocks without shipping.

chedda bob 09-02-2008 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tater salad (Post 4799621)
Im amazed that nobody else has bought these since you cant find them anywhere, i did find some in AU. a while back but it would have cost me some 70 bucks for 2 7.5F blocks shipped, $42 just for the blocks without shipping.

exactly.... and if you ever look up and of the top guy's setups online..... every one of them runs the 7.5 deg brace:nod:

get em while they last, because if they are this hard to sell i wont make any more of them:(