Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread >

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

it will be made available on the Xcelorin support page.

http://www.losi.com/Support/XcelorinDownloads.aspx

Also coming - informational blog for easier communications

As of this moment it appears the page may not get updated today. Don't give up yet though
Old 12-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well I am pretty much convinced running a fan on the motor is the way to go. With a good fan, the motor barely gets warm. I am back to running the novak pinion because I stripped the set screw on the losi one. I would suggest to losi that they use a larger set screw in the future for their pinions. The Novaks are nice!

Only thing to do now is to upgrade my firmware and I should be good to go. Also, I have to get an aluminum servo horn because over time the plastic ones keep getting stripped out.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I want one of these so badly, but I dont even race!
Old 12-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

You don't need to race to get one of these... It's a ballistic land missile, high jumping, drag car-like launching, wheelie pulling, tough car that should be as much fun to bash/high speed run with as it would be on a race track.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

R40 - Do you have anymore race footage? Haven't found too much on Youtube!

Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
You don't need to race to get one of these... It's a ballistic land missile, high jumping, drag car-like launching, wheelie pulling, tough car that should be as much fun to bash/high speed run with as it would be on a race track.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Champion

Not yet, been too busy driving the car! I have a few friends that hang at the track, but I rarely remember to bring the camera. Once you find one of my vids, click on the link that says "More from Barfus123" on the right side, you may have missed a few.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKUWlWDqP3Q
Old 12-21-2008, 12:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

Just won my race with the E8
It was a 15 min main and ran 14:50 and won the race, it was supposed to be one lap but the car slowed down and would go slow, it did not shut down
when I charged the batter Losi 5000 4S it showed 2.75 each cell
so charged it quick
I had it at lipo shut off but it did not shut down
I hope I did not break the Losi 5000 lipo
So I guess before the race the setting should be checked, I set it up for Lipo shut off since I got the car, dont know how it changed the setting
Next up 8T with MMM 2200kv with the Losi 5000 4s (if it still works) with techno conversion, will use the clutch and brake to make it easier on the esc and battery
But overall I like how the 8E ran, I had the fastest lap and was cruising the last 5 laps
I just have to go down to a 14t pinion instead of the 16t
and the ride height has to be higher because of the heavier 8E setup
I also used the green springs up front
I saw drakes front shocks he was almost all the way to the bottom with his shock set up
Old 12-21-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I'm gonna go up on the shock oil wt and the spring rate also.
This thing is heavy runnin the 4s 5000, slaps the chassis on take off and landing.
I'm gonna go from 40/silver to 50/green up front and from 25/green to 35/black (I think it's black) in the back.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

Haha really? I guess I might save for one!
Old 12-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DRRC View Post
Just won my race with the E8
It was a 15 min main and ran 14:50 and won the race, it was supposed to be one lap but the car slowed down and would go slow, it did not shut down
when I charged the batter Losi 5000 4S it showed 2.75 each cell
so charged it quick
I had it at lipo shut off but it did not shut down
I hope I did not break the Losi 5000 lipo
So I guess before the race the setting should be checked, I set it up for Lipo shut off since I got the car, dont know how it changed the setting
Next up 8T with MMM 2200kv with the Losi 5000 4s (if it still works) with techno conversion, will use the clutch and brake to make it easier on the esc and battery
But overall I like how the 8E ran, I had the fastest lap and was cruising the last 5 laps
I just have to go down to a 14t pinion instead of the 16t
and the ride height has to be higher because of the heavier 8E setup
I also used the green springs up front
I saw drakes front shocks he was almost all the way to the bottom with his shock set up
DRRC,

Thanks for the heads up about the lvc. I will keep an eye on mine. Nice job with your race.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Champion

Haha really? I guess I might save for one!
Did you see the vids?
Old 12-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

Did you see the vids?
Just the one of the track. Are there more?
Old 12-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Champion

Just a few...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

Last edited by R40Victim; 12-21-2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

firemedic you are welcome just check on the settings before the long mains or before the race

fncuda nice cuda but as I said before it should feel like a xx4 but 7 lbs heavier
if does feel like an electric 4wd but with alot of weight so you have to take in consideration the speed you are going and the turn you are going to make the tires can only get so much traction, but I am learning everytime I run it
had 31 sec lap and the fastest nitro had 32

r40victim (why the name)
nice vids I noticed you were not cogging alot
I use the stock 4s set up with lipo cut off with the stock 16t pinion and I was faster in the straits with any nitro vspec, rb, nova but have alot of cogging when in slow speed especially when I am in a dead stop
must change my pinion to a 14t to get 15 plus minutes and to tame down the speed
most of the time I am just in 1/2 or 3/4 throttle while following the leading nitro for a 15 min race, dont want to go full out in the first 10 mins, the goal is to win against the other guy and not to dump
Old 12-21-2008, 11:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

DRRC, keep an eye out for the new firmware.
It will fix all of your speedo problems!
Mine is very smooth from bottom to top, I am running 30% brake, 4% drag brake and no issues what so ever, no more jumping issues. I was beginning to think I wouldn't be able to jump this buggy but it WAS the speedo issues.
This drives easier than any other car I have ever driven. Flies as well as my other buggies now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.