Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Savox SA-1283SG $99.99
TLR LOSA0807 $599.99
Tekin RX8 + T8 combo TEKTT2312 $329.99
ORION Carbon Pro LiPo 6400mAh 90C ORI14050 $210.99
reciver(avg between futaba FASST, spektrum DSM2, airtronics FHSS3, KO PROPO EX-1 FHSS. ) $110

Thats the rough estimate on how much it costed me to get my 8ight E going
Old 11-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I raced my 8ight e for the first time this weekend. worked great accept, on hard hits or casing a jump my gear mesh would jam together. I have loctited the one bolt that holds the motor mount, and tightened it as hard as I could. IT still does it. Took me out of the main... Any one else have this issue? or is there a fix?
Old 11-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarFanatic View Post
I raced my 8ight e for the first time this weekend. worked great accept, on hard hits or casing a jump my gear mesh would jam together. I have loctited the one bolt that holds the motor mount, and tightened it as hard as I could. IT still does it. Took me out of the main... Any one else have this issue? or is there a fix?
you are probably running the rear motor support correct? It causes binding when you flex the chassis heavy on those types of hits. Get rid of the rear motor support and gets rid of that problem.

o&S
Old 11-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buckeyenut73 View Post
what is good diff set up for a high bite clay smaller indoor track? still 5-5-2?
i run on tight outdoor track 5-5-2 I still don't have enough steering on low speed and rotation. current setup i have
current track layout cool video to \/ (i didn't make video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4keLskMfSxI
shock tower front outside arm inside
shock tower rear outside arm outside
shock front spring silver
shock rear black
camber links tower bottom hub inside 10* incline setup
camber links rear tower inside hub inside
stock sway bars all around
3 rear toe
2 anti squat
front shock 54 /40
rear shock 56/35
chamber -1 all around
1*tow out front
long wheelbase

When driving car seems to be so planted. Like onroad car! Car won't let me pitch into corner at all. I also drive a scte and race up front with the fast guys but ebuggy i'm slow. on 5 min race i'm faster in scte by 20 secs

I was thinking of doing the grinding mod on spindle\spindle carrier. To get more throw. My scte can do donuts in a shoe box my ebuggy far from it. So i'm looking for low speed steering and maybe some rotation.

Been working on setup on ebuggy now for 2months and i can't find the right mix yet. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by old&slow View Post
you are probably running the rear motor support correct? It causes binding when you flex the chassis heavy on those types of hits. Get rid of the rear motor support and gets rid of that problem.

o&S
you mean the plastic curved support in the rear of the motor? Then yes I still have it in there. no issues once this is removed?
Old 11-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcguy76559 View Post
i run on tight outdoor track 5-5-2 I still don't have enough steering on low speed and rotation. current setup i have
current track layout cool video to \/ (i didn't make video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4keLskMfSxI
shock tower front outside arm inside
shock tower rear outside arm outside
shock front spring silver
shock rear black
camber links tower bottom hub inside 10* incline setup
camber links rear tower inside hub inside
stock sway bars all around
3 rear toe
2 anti squat
front shock 54 /40
rear shock 56/35
chamber -1 all around
1*tow out front
long wheelbase

When driving car seems to be so planted. Like onroad car! Car won't let me pitch into corner at all. I also drive a scte and race up front with the fast guys but ebuggy i'm slow. on 5 min race i'm faster in scte by 20 secs

I was thinking of doing the grinding mod on spindle\spindle carrier. To get more throw. My scte can do donuts in a shoe box my ebuggy far from it. So i'm looking for low speed steering and maybe some rotation.

Been working on setup on ebuggy now for 2months and i can't find the right mix yet. Any help would be much appreciated.
I run 5,7,2 in mine with the 12 deg carriers and have a ton of steering.Theres so much steering i can run it on a small tight indoor track also.The adam drake setup works excellent on this buggy theres no reason to go away from it.Try that and maybe a tire change.Nice track by the way!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Losi57 View Post
I run 5,7,2 in mine with the 12 deg carriers and have a ton of steering.Theres so much steering i can run it on a small tight indoor track also.The adam drake setup works excellent on this buggy theres no reason to go away from it.Try that and maybe a tire change.Nice track by the way!

Tires not the problem. I thought i had a bearing going out. So I rebuilt the buggy and check everything. But nope. No binding ether. I did start with the adam drake setup but never liked it. I have a set of 12* carriers I will try that. Most of all the losi guys here jumped ship from losi in ebuggy.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:43 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Tires not the problem. I thought i had a bearing going out. So I rebuilt the buggy and check everything. But nope. No binding ether. I did start with the adam drake setup but never liked it. I have a set of 12* carriers I will try that. Most of all the losi guys here jumped ship from losi in ebuggy.
If you want more turn in try front shocks outside on arms and middle or inside on tower. Stronger rear sway bars (I run 2.5mm), add a bit more toe out and camber in to the front. The 12 carriers help you in sweepers, not really in tight turns.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dtr View Post
If you want more turn in try front shocks outside on arms and middle or inside on tower. Stronger rear sway bars (I run 2.5mm), add a bit more toe out and camber in to the front. The 12 carriers help you in sweepers, not really in tight turns.

Yeah I thought 10* was to be better for tight tracks than 12*. I don't have swaybar kit but i could run the rear tighter. Can you guys get the rear of the car to slide going into turn? Mine just won't slide at low -med speed. If mine could do that I would be set.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Wish i could get my local club to do the same. I really don't have a choice when it comes to vehicles at my track because its all losi and associated. Love losi for 10th scale, just not my favorite when it comes to 8th scale.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
Wish i could get my local club to do the same. I really don't have a choice when it comes to vehicles at my track because its all losi and associated. Love losi for 10th scale, just not my favorite when it comes to 8th scale.
Well I started with a losi 2.0 nitro It was kick but buggy but in e form I disagree. We have ae, mugen, xray, serpent,and durango in that order to. Ae or mugen would be my picks from driving them. But I like losi. I don't want to give it up.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:11 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Yeah I thought 10* was to be better for tight tracks than 12*. I don't have swaybar kit but i could run the rear tighter. Can you guys get the rear of the car to slide going into turn? Mine just won't slide at low -med speed. If mine could do that I would be set.
You could run your battery already forward, if it is not there already. Also move the rear camber link to inside on the hub.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Well I started with a losi 2.0 nitro It was kick but buggy but in e form I disagree. We have ae, mugen, xray, serpent,and durango in that order to. Ae or mugen would be my picks from driving them. But I like losi. I don't want to give it up.

I would really like to see mugen take off in my area. I am selling my mugen 5t due to nobody having parts support or setups at my track. It is literally 90% losi at my track. I personally think mugen makes a better quality car than losi. Like i said before, i love losi in 10th scale. Don't want to be a trailblazer as i'm not that good of a driver and i suck at setups.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes Car fan dump that piece and your spur issue and mount issue will be gone.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by old&slow View Post
Yes Car fan dump that piece and your spur issue and mount issue will be gone.
awesome! thanks man I'm pulling that tonight!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.