Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread >

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default time for a new body

Hey guys need some input on a new body any insights would be helpful!!!!

i was looking at this body any thoughts:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Illuzion-Body

thanks
Old 06-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

OK folks I've had my 8ight running for a total of a week and have stripped two spur gears. I have the mesh set properly to my knowledge ( I've never had a issue setting mesh set on my previous rc vehicles) but I seem to just strip the spur b4 I even run a pack out. I've been running on a loose dirt backyard track and its far from a high traction so I'd think that would help with it not stripping. Any ideas what might be causing this from your past experience with this buggy? Thanks in advanced for any info
Old 06-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default losi conversion?

If so get rid of the rear motor support. That will strip em out every time. Make sure chassis braces, diff stand mounts, diff top mount plate are tight, verify motor to slider mount is tight and seated correct as with the countersunk heads in the mount ,sometimes they dont seat flat and loosen up with first hit or power. Lock tite the slider to motor mount screw.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Tech Addict

Good deal I'll check all of the above. Anyone run metal gears?
Old 06-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The carriers definitely needed the steering mod. Yeah I know its old news lol but it will be nice to have more steering that can be dialed in if needed at certain tracks.

I gotta get that Aluminum servo top too....

Im going to another clay track this week to see how they work versus the stock spindles and carriers.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cmace23 View Post
Yes I do, no problems so far, make a bit more noise tho.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:05 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cmace23 View Post
yes losi has a 45 tooth spur, u can run the plastic spur, but u got to turn the power down on the speed control,i dont know anything about the losi speedcontrol your using, so maybe someone on here can help u on that befor u buy a metal spur,
Old 06-04-2012, 12:06 AM
Tech Adept

I stripped the stock plastic spur gear halfway through the second battery pack I ever ran through my 2.0. Hit a little hard on a landing and it was toast. I had already removed the motor mount and ensured everything was tight. Also my current limiter was at 50%.

Purchased a metal spur and never looked back. It is a little louder but not as bad as others have said it would be on the forums.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77 View Post
yes losi has a 45 tooth spur, u can run the plastic spur, but u got to turn the power down on the speed control,i dont know anything about the losi speedcontrol your using, so maybe someone on here can help u on that befor u buy a metal spur,
I did turn it down and I was only running 4s

Originally Posted by Magnum PSI View Post
I stripped the stock plastic spur gear halfway through the second battery pack I ever ran through my 2.0. Hit a little hard on a landing and it was toast. I had already removed the motor mount and ensured everything was tight. Also my current limiter was at 50%.

Purchased a metal spur and never looked back. It is a little louder but not as bad as others have said it would be on the forums.
I've got a metal spur on my d8t and I like the sound myself
I'll probably just get a metal spur but I'm still going to check all the other stuff stated above just to make sure that wasn't the cause.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:11 AM
Tech Adept

I run 4S too and it still puts down a lot of torque even with the limiter in place.

Also, your right about the sound.......sounds aggressive like it means business lol.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 150 (99%+)

whats everybody running in here as far as the body goes? need something thats gonna fit with a 4s hardcase. had a couple agama bodies left laying around and ive been running it on my ebuggy and nitro buggy. fits great on the nitro, not so good on the e buggy as the sides are too low. any suggestions would be great before i just go spending $$$
Old 06-04-2012, 07:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You DO NOT need to turn Anything down to run a plastic Spur. If your Stripping spurs your either setting the mesh too tight or too loose or your doing something else seriously wrong.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer View Post
I do remember reading the same thing but it does not seem like it actually happened
I ordered them hoping to get the mentioned newer version that supposedly had more steering throw without any mods
Just didn't work out like that though
Yeah, I am completely baffled. I run the 10* inclined on both my buggy and truggy. Before setting them up I checked to make sure there was no interfernce knowing that some were making this mod. I have absolutely no wear in these areas on mine indicating that steering is allowed to make the full steering throughout the suspension travel.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dangerwr View Post
Yeah, I am completely baffled. I run the 10* inclined on both my buggy and truggy. Before setting them up I checked to make sure there was no interfernce knowing that some were making this mod. I have absolutely no wear in these areas on mine indicating that steering is allowed to make the full steering throughout the suspension travel.
Danger, did you gain any additional steering when you upgraded to the 10 degree carriers and inclined spindles? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but I did the mod to the spindle to gain even more steering throw than I had before. I was not binding either, I just wanted more if I needed it.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Magnum PSI View Post
Danger, did you gain any additional steering when you upgraded to the 10 degree carriers and inclined spindles? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but I did the mod to the spindle to gain even more steering throw than I had before. I was not binding either, I just wanted more if I needed it.
Good question. I did not measure the difference in actual throw from left to right. What I noticed was that the car held corners much better and was quite surprised how much stability the buggy had gained. I think it might be the most beneficial upgrade for this car. I am going to revisit this mod and see what I might be missing.

On another note has anyone taken a look at the new overdrive ring & pinion for the front diff?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.