Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread >

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Funkymojo View Post
Hi Guys, i've got a question to ask. If i'm using a 46t spur gear with a 1750kv-1800kv with 4s lipo. What pinion gear would you guys recommend? The track is medium sized, pretty technical with a couple of straights. Thanks guys
Love the Mod and Rocker reference! I would get both a 15 & 16t pinion to try out. You will probably be fine with a 15t to start. Are you running the plastic spur?
Old 01-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr View Post
Love the Mod and Rocker reference! I would get both a 15 & 16t pinion to try out. You will probably be fine with a 15t to start. Are you running the plastic spur?
Glad you like the Mod and Rocker reference, i think you're the only guy who got the reference...LOL. Thanks for the advice, i'll get a 15t and 16t to try it out. I'm using the 46t steel spur, not the 45t plastic spur.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Glad you like the Mod and Rocker reference, i think you're the only guy who got the reference...LOL. Thanks for the advice, i'll get a 15t and 16t to try it out. I'm using the 46t steel spur, not the 45t plastic spur.
Quadrophenia. Was always funny to me 'cause I like music in the vein of punk rock and electronica but always had a soft spot for good speed metal. Anywho, I think that a 1800Kv is probably the best choice for this buggy on a medium track. For some reason Hot Bodies makes very nice pinions--check them out if you are using the Losi conversion. Cheers!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Quadrophenia. Was always funny to me 'cause I like music in the vein of punk rock and electronica but always had a soft spot for good speed metal. Anywho, I think that a 1800Kv is probably the best choice for this buggy on a medium track. For some reason Hot Bodies makes very nice pinions--check them out if you are using the Losi conversion. Cheers!
Yeah i've got a soft spot for good speed metal as well ...Thanks for the advice, greatly appreciated. Will check out the Hot Bodies pinions. I prefer the 46t steel spur more than the 45t plastic spur...
Old 01-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah i've got a soft spot for good speed metal as well ...Thanks for the advice, greatly appreciated. Will check out the Hot Bodies pinions. I prefer the 46t steel spur more than the 45t plastic spur...
Understood. I have ran the plastic (delrin) spurs for 2.5 seasons w/o issue once I figured out mesh and not landing jumps standing on the brakes or full throttle. I suppose there is a little bit of technique but not much . . .
Old 01-09-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Bladders

Does anyone cut the bladders? This seems to be the thing to do with the 22 and SCTE so I would think emulsion-style would be better with these shocks as well.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mototech View Post
Hey guys. I'm picking up an 8ight E 1.0 in a trade and was wondering what the differences are between the 1.0 and the 2.0. What are things to lookout for when I get it? What spares do I need? Do the 2.0 parts bolt on? Thanks in advance.
Anyone?
Old 01-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mototech View Post
Anyone?
I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone wanting to go back and research all the differences since it is out of the mind of current consciousness. Stated another way, that was so 3-years ago! You can go back and search as there is a comprehensive list made and posted several times in winter of 2008/9.

First of all the 2.0 chassis is longer so the bodies are different by default. This was the major change. Larger outer hinge pins on the rear hubs if I remember correctly. The rear arms and hubs are the same except for a larger hole to accept the slightly larger hinge pins. The shock towers are slightly different. Lighter, weaker and probably more tuning options. They changed the rear diff box and inserts and are worth the upgrade. I do believe there were slight changes made to the steering geometry but am not sure what parts you will need. The 2.0 uses 4.0mm tie-rods instead of the 5.0mm on the 1.0 version. Everything is pretty much bolt-on.

The changes were minimal with the major change being the longer chassis . . .
Old 01-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone wanting to go back and research all the differences since it is out of the mind of current consciousness. Stated another way, that was so 3-years ago! You can go back and search as there is a comprehensive list made and posted several times in winter of 2008/9.

First of all the 2.0 chassis is longer so the bodies are different by default. This was the major change. Larger outer hinge pins on the rear hubs if I remember correctly. The rear arms and hubs are the same except for a larger hole to accept the slightly larger hinge pins. The shock towers are slightly different. Lighter, weaker and probably more tuning options. They changed the rear diff box and inserts and are worth the upgrade. I do believe there were slight changes made to the steering geometry but am not sure what parts you will need. The 2.0 uses 4.0mm tie-rods instead of the 5.0mm on the 1.0 version. Everything is pretty much bolt-on.

The changes were minimal with the major change being the longer chassis . . .
Thanks for the response. That gets me started in the right direction of where to look.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Has anyone ever converted there 8ight-e to a SC truck? I made some pieces that bolt to the shock towers and used slash 4x4 body posts and it turned out well. Now I just need to figure out what front and rear bumper I can use on it and figure out how to attach it. If anyone has tried this or has any ideas let me know.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scracer68 View Post
Has anyone ever converted there 8ight-e to a SC truck? I made some pieces that bolt to the shock towers and used slash 4x4 body posts and it turned out well. Now I just need to figure out what front and rear bumper I can use on it and figure out how to attach it. If anyone has tried this or has any ideas let me know.

I have 95% of mine done......Minus the bumper's.

FYI You'll need a Truggy chassis to do it properly, I had this laying around from the 1.0T days.

You'll also need a AE SC8 body and wheels to complete the package. Ebay for the body's is my best suggestion.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

ive been running the stock plastic spindles and carriers for the front and the stock rear hubs. i was thinking about getting the aluminum front inclined carrier/spindle set 12 or 10 degree and I was thinking about the aluminum rear hub set. are they worth it?
Old 01-13-2012, 10:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs up yes

Originally Posted by dfsc10 View Post
ive been running the stock plastic spindles and carriers for the front and the stock rear hubs. i was thinking about getting the aluminum front inclined carrier/spindle set 12 or 10 degree and I was thinking about the aluminum rear hub set. are they worth it?
i got the 128 for the front and alu rear is nice to go with the front first you'll like how it handles!
Old 01-19-2012, 02:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey all! I am in the process of converting my 8ight 2.0 over to brushless. It is going to be an etreme speed car with a goal breaking well into triple digit speeds (MPH). I have the Losi brushless conversion kit already installed. it came with a 15T and 16T pinions but I need to get some larger one soon. I went ahead and put the 16T pinion on it but it doesn't look like the motor mount has much room to go bigger withou tmaking some modifications to the mount.

Does anyboy know what the largest pinion is that will fit the Losi factory brushless conversion kit is when running the 43T spur? RC Monster sell pinions upto 30T that i was hoping to be able to use but it doesn't look like I will have enough room for it.

Thanks
Old 01-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey guys i was wondering what length are the steering linkages supposed to be?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.