Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 07:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Who knows but like you said, if you did not see voids and granular metal then it is machined. How cold was it outside? Crazy.

60 or so I would say, It cooled off come Saturday Sunday evening.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i got a losi 8ight E 2.0 and i haven't run it yet but looks awesome the plastic looks really strong i have a hitec 5755tg servo a spektrum dx3e and a turnigy 4s and a castle motor does anyone have a castle or tekin esc that works and wants to sell it?
Old 11-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cm.stites
never seen a losi chassis bend and break like that. if you put the aluminum braces on it you are taking away the flex and have a greater chance of snapping the chassis.
__________________________________________________ ______________
The alum braces are sold as a upgrade by Teamlosi and I don't think that Losi would sale a upgrade part to compromise the performance of a racing machine. You don't any flex from that rear or front plastic brace (over an alum one)that will make a difference. The flex comes from the whole chassis from back to front and from side to side. All I know is the damage that the breakage of that rear plastic brace done, like jamed both rear and center diffs and bend the rear driveshaft as well as the chassis. It also broke the rear diff housing. Now that was when the OFNA landed on it's wing coming off a jump.

Last edited by Razorbelly; 11-11-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

the aluminum braces were around well before the flex tuned chassis's came about .. i ran a bone stock losi 8ight for over a year with plastic braces and the only part i broke was a shock end.so far on my 2.0 i havent broken anything.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Razorbelly
__________________________________________________ ______________
The alum braces are sold as a upgrade by Teamlosi and I don't think that Losi would sale a upgrade part to compromise the performance of a racing machine. You don't any flex from that rear or front plastic brace (over an alum one)that will make a difference. The flex comes from the whole chassis from back to front and from side to side. All I know is the damage that the breakage of that rear plastic brace done, like jamed both rear and center diffs and bend the rear driveshaft as well as the chassis. It also broke the rear diff housing. Now that was when the OFNA landed on it's wing coming off a jump.

Alum braces are for running on Super High Bite Blue groove or Astro. If not Plastic is what your After.

FYI an Ofna is Not A Losi, Just because the Ofna Taco'd does Not mean a Losi will. So save your cash and buy some more Tires.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Razorbelly
Has anyone broke a rear or front chassis brace and bent the chassis
because of it. I saw a Ofna buggy do that last week. It bent the rear
driveshaft and chassis b/c of a wreck.Thinking about ordering alumium
braces from Losi for my 8E 2.0. Anybody replace the stock plastic chassis braces with alumium ones?

I actually bent my chassis last week. I made a 15' double into about a 55' triple (yea, I was being stupid) and came up a foot short and cased it. It bent the chassis right behind where the battery tray mounts. It bent bad enough that my rear dogbone popped out of the rear/center diff outdrive. I looked at it close and it actually started to crack the top layer of the chassis. I put the driveshaft back in and came up short on the short double and got t-boned in the main and it popped out again. Ruined my main . Time for a new chassis. anyone have one laying around????
Old 11-13-2011, 06:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mellen_mpz
I actually bent my chassis last week. I made a 15' double into about a 55' triple (yea, I was being stupid) and came up a foot short and cased it. It bent the chassis right behind where the battery tray mounts. It bent bad enough that my rear dogbone popped out of the rear/center diff outdrive. I looked at it close and it actually started to crack the top layer of the chassis. I put the driveshaft back in and came up short on the short double and got t-boned in the main and it popped out again. Ruined my main . Time for a new chassis. anyone have one laying around????
__________________________________________________ ____
Did the (plastic?) rear chassis brace break also?
Old 11-15-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

hey guys i have a tekin 1900kv motor ran about 3 times, temps always 160, and a RX8 , perfect shape . Both for sell, running for a different company now thats the only reason they are for sell. i can package pm me for details
Old 11-15-2011, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mellen_mpz
This is the exact reason why I moved away from the stock chassis. Not a bad chassis at all but do not think it is made from the best material. And I do not have a extra, sorry.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
hey guys i have a tekin 1900kv motor ran about 3 times, temps always 160, and a RX8 , perfect shape . Both for sell, running for a different company now thats the only reason they are for sell. i can package pm me for details
Guys i decided to sell the whole car so if your looking for a 8E with only 3 race nights on it, all the right upgrades pm me
Old 11-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Well I did it. Got a Losi eBug. Ordered up the RX8 and a 1900kv motor with advice on the Tekin thread and racing buddies. I need to order the rest of it tonight and don't have time to read 10 million pages (lol), so I'm hoping that ya'll can answer some quick questions that have already probably been covered.

What pinion should I order for a large track?
What pinion should I order for a small track?
What diff fluids. Same as Nitro?
Will the RX* handle the 1900 motor as well as a transponder, receiver and a 7955 Servo?

Thanks!

Last edited by dnebout; 11-16-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dnebout
Well I did it. Got a Losi eBug. Ordered up the RX8 and a 1900kv motor with advice on the Tekin thread and racing buddies. I need to order the rest of it tonight and don't have time to read 10 million pages (lol), so I'm hoping that ya'll can answer some quick questions that have already probably been covered.

What pinion should I order for a large track?
What pinion should I order for a small track?
What diff fluids. Same as Nitro?
Will the RX* handle the 1900 motor as well as a transponder, receiver and a 7955 Servo?

Thanks!
Most will run a 15t pinion with this setup. On our smaller track I will run a 14t and have used a 16t once when we had a really long straight on the 2010 Nationals track at CFT.

5-7-2k is a favorite for diff fluids.

The speedo should easily handle that servo and transponder.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thanks for the info Danger!
Old 11-16-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Most will run a 15t pinion with this setup. On our smaller track I will run a 14t and have used a 16t once when we had a really long straight on the 2010 Nationals track at CFT.

5-7-2k is a favorite for diff fluids.

The speedo should easily handle that servo and transponder.
Would this 1900 gearing suggestion differ very much for the Tekin 2050 with stock spur, assuming both are on 4s?

14t - short
15t - medium
16t - long straight
Old 11-17-2011, 02:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Solidd33
Would this 1900 gearing suggestion differ very much for the Tekin 2050 with stock spur, assuming both are on 4s?

14t - short
15t - medium
16t - long straight
nah mate not much difference IMO most run 15T as its a good general pinon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.