Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread >

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 12:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Moogumby View Post
what d you guys do with your antennas?

I keep breaking my atenna tubes and thankfully not losing my Rx wire. So what alternatives have you guys been doing?
I tuck my wire in the box. I'm using A futaba R603FS.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by neobart View Post
I tuck my wire in the box. I'm using A futaba R603FS.
+1 me too, I've got a Airtronics M11x, I forget the rx model, but it's stock. Modern 2.4 systems are strong enough to where you don't need it to be outside of the car. I've run on some pretty large tracks before and NEVER had any problems with reception. Just tuck it in.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by big igg View Post
Can someone help me recommended what battery to run. I have a Losi eight nitro that i converted to electric. So far i have a Tekin RX8 with a Tekin 2050 motor. I bought the Losi conversion kit. Should i get a 3S or 4S? Thanks
Definitely 4s buddy. You wont be going very fast on 3s. You'd really only wanna do that if your driving on a very small technical track.

I recommend Hyperion if you want the best,
35c
http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-g3-vx...ck-p-4799.html
or 45c
http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-g3-ex...ck-p-5473.html

Any bigger than 5Ah and you might have fitment problems.

Originally Posted by Moogumby View Post
what d you guys do with your antennas?

I keep breaking my atenna tubes and thankfully not losing my Rx wire. So what alternatives have you guys been doing?
How long is your antenna? If it's short (2.4GHz) you can do this.
I have the Futaba FASST system and even with it folded down like that I can easily get all the range I'd ever want, like 1/2 a mile.

-Tony
Old 05-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Chassis buzzer

One of the most challenging things I have found racing 8th scale EP is getting the marshals attention when you flip. Of, course someone is going to say "don't flip" and problem solved. But even when we run our own class it is sometimes hard for the marshal to hear our cars when upside down on the lid.

I was wondering if anyone has built a buzzer and successfully ran it off one of the other channels. I was thinking a piezo buzzer but would need a circuit to send an audio signal. I wish I could buy one in a nice little pcakage like LiPo buzzers or something. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated . . .
Old 05-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dangerwr View Post
One of the most challenging things I have found racing 8th scale EP is getting the marshals attention when you flip. Of, course someone is going to say "don't flip" and problem solved. But even when we run our own class it is sometimes hard for the marshal to hear our cars when upside down on the lid.

I was wondering if anyone has built a buzzer and successfully ran it off one of the other channels. I was thinking a piezo buzzer but would need a circuit to send an audio signal. I wish I could buy one in a nice little pcakage like LiPo buzzers or something. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated . . .
That should be easy to make. Little buzzer circuits kits are available anywhere. If you add a little mercury switch, it'll only sound when it's upside down. But since the car would bounce around so much it'll probably buzz every time you hit a jump. lol

-Tony
Old 05-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Can some tell me whats the best fiting body for a 2.0E????
Old 05-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

I got a great idea and an easy fix, don't flip!
Bashers
Old 05-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default diff setup for tight techincal tracks?

wondering what diff setup you guys run for tight technical outdoor tracks?

thanks.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skyler hays View Post
wondering what diff setup you guys run for tight technical outdoor tracks?

thanks.
I run 5k in the front. 2k in the rear and a SD in the center with only 2 x 1.5 springs but is probably the same as a 5k standard center. So a 5-5-2 setup is what I would use if you do not have a center Smart Diff. Integra or Casper might know a bit better than I so wait and see if they chime on in . . .

I really like the center SD on a tighter technical track as it seems a little more crisp coming out of tighter turns.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:43 AM
Tech Adept

I run 5k in the front. 2k in the rear and a SD in the center with only 2 x 1.5 springs but is probably the same as a 5k standard center. So a 5-5-2 setup is what I would use if you do not have a center Smart Diff. Integra or Casper might know a bit better than I so wait and see if they chime on in . . .

I really like the center SD on a tighter technical track as it seems a little more crisp coming out of tighter turns.
Dangerwr what about using front SD grease filled/7K center/3K rear for outdoor thight tracks??
What inner SD setup would you suggest (different springs and adjustable ramp plates available in different in degrees)?

Last edited by immarcescibile; 05-05-2011 at 04:22 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:14 AM
Tech Adept

Is there any other brand of smart diff or active diff we can use on Losi Eight b ?

I had a bad experience with Losi SDs so if I could mount on my Losi Eight another SD brand or another manufacturer active diff I would give it a try

thx
Old 05-05-2011, 05:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Emmeth View Post
Is there any other brand of smart diff or active diff we can use on Losi Eight b ?

I had a bad experience with Losi SDs so if I could mount on my Losi Eight another SD brand or another manufacturer active diff I would give it a try

thx
What happened?
Old 05-05-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I ran a SD in Truggy for over a year with frequent grease jobs But i never once had an issue with them. What exactly happened Emmeth ? were you aware they require a little more frequent rebuilding ?
Old 05-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
I ran a SD in Truggy for over a year with frequent grease jobs But i never once had an issue with them. What exactly happened Emmeth ? were you aware they require a little more frequent rebuilding ?
Integra what about using front SD grease filled/7K center/3K rear for outdoor thight tracks??
What inner SD setup would you suggest (different springs and adjustable ramp plates available in different in degrees)?
Old 05-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I ran my SD in the center in truggy, I never played with spring's Or ramp plates but always ensured the diff was plenty full and rebuilt it on a strict schedule. Its done me well and more than likely ill be running it again soon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.