Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread >

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 12:41 AM
  #5821  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
neobart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,413
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Moogumby View Post
what d you guys do with your antennas?

I keep breaking my atenna tubes and thankfully not losing my Rx wire. So what alternatives have you guys been doing?
I tuck my wire in the box. I'm using A futaba R603FS.
neobart is offline  
Old 05-01-2011, 12:48 AM
  #5822  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
ScottKelly911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,736
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by neobart View Post
I tuck my wire in the box. I'm using A futaba R603FS.
+1 me too, I've got a Airtronics M11x, I forget the rx model, but it's stock. Modern 2.4 systems are strong enough to where you don't need it to be outside of the car. I've run on some pretty large tracks before and NEVER had any problems with reception. Just tuck it in.
ScottKelly911 is offline  
Old 05-01-2011, 02:32 AM
  #5823  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
RacerX20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 264
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by big igg View Post
Can someone help me recommended what battery to run. I have a Losi eight nitro that i converted to electric. So far i have a Tekin RX8 with a Tekin 2050 motor. I bought the Losi conversion kit. Should i get a 3S or 4S? Thanks
Definitely 4s buddy. You wont be going very fast on 3s. You'd really only wanna do that if your driving on a very small technical track.

I recommend Hyperion if you want the best,
35c
http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-g3-vx...ck-p-4799.html
or 45c
http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-g3-ex...ck-p-5473.html

Any bigger than 5Ah and you might have fitment problems.


Originally Posted by Moogumby View Post
what d you guys do with your antennas?

I keep breaking my atenna tubes and thankfully not losing my Rx wire. So what alternatives have you guys been doing?
How long is your antenna? If it's short (2.4GHz) you can do this.
I have the Futaba FASST system and even with it folded down like that I can easily get all the range I'd ever want, like 1/2 a mile.



-Tony
RacerX20 is offline  
Old 05-02-2011, 01:07 PM
  #5824  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Chassis buzzer

One of the most challenging things I have found racing 8th scale EP is getting the marshals attention when you flip. Of, course someone is going to say "don't flip" and problem solved. But even when we run our own class it is sometimes hard for the marshal to hear our cars when upside down on the lid.

I was wondering if anyone has built a buzzer and successfully ran it off one of the other channels. I was thinking a piezo buzzer but would need a circuit to send an audio signal. I wish I could buy one in a nice little pcakage like LiPo buzzers or something. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated . . .
dangerwr is offline  
Old 05-02-2011, 05:42 PM
  #5825  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
RacerX20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 264
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dangerwr View Post
One of the most challenging things I have found racing 8th scale EP is getting the marshals attention when you flip. Of, course someone is going to say "don't flip" and problem solved. But even when we run our own class it is sometimes hard for the marshal to hear our cars when upside down on the lid.

I was wondering if anyone has built a buzzer and successfully ran it off one of the other channels. I was thinking a piezo buzzer but would need a circuit to send an audio signal. I wish I could buy one in a nice little pcakage like LiPo buzzers or something. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated . . .
That should be easy to make. Little buzzer circuits kits are available anywhere. If you add a little mercury switch, it'll only sound when it's upside down. But since the car would bounce around so much it'll probably buzz every time you hit a jump. lol

-Tony
RacerX20 is offline  
Old 05-02-2011, 06:12 PM
  #5826  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (31)
 
offroad dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,067
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Can some tell me whats the best fiting body for a 2.0E????
offroad dude is offline  
Old 05-02-2011, 08:12 PM
  #5827  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
KingdomRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 1,483
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dangerwr View Post
One of the most challenging things I have found racing 8th scale EP is getting the marshals attention when you flip. Of, course someone is going to say "don't flip" and problem solved. But even when we run our own class it is sometimes hard for the marshal to hear our cars when upside down on the lid.

I was wondering if anyone has built a buzzer and successfully ran it off one of the other channels. I was thinking a piezo buzzer but would need a circuit to send an audio signal. I wish I could buy one in a nice little pcakage like LiPo buzzers or something. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated . . .
I got a great idea and an easy fix, don't flip!
Bashers
KingdomRacer is offline  
Old 05-03-2011, 06:26 PM
  #5828  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: athens,al
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default diff setup for tight techincal tracks?

wondering what diff setup you guys run for tight technical outdoor tracks?

thanks.
skyler hays is offline  
Old 05-03-2011, 09:35 PM
  #5829  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skyler hays View Post
wondering what diff setup you guys run for tight technical outdoor tracks?

thanks.
I run 5k in the front. 2k in the rear and a SD in the center with only 2 x 1.5 springs but is probably the same as a 5k standard center. So a 5-5-2 setup is what I would use if you do not have a center Smart Diff. Integra or Casper might know a bit better than I so wait and see if they chime on in . . .

I really like the center SD on a tighter technical track as it seems a little more crisp coming out of tighter turns.
dangerwr is offline  
Old 05-05-2011, 03:43 AM
  #5830  
Tech Adept
 
immarcescibile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Italy
Posts: 159
Default

Originally Posted by dangerwr View Post
I run 5k in the front. 2k in the rear and a SD in the center with only 2 x 1.5 springs but is probably the same as a 5k standard center. So a 5-5-2 setup is what I would use if you do not have a center Smart Diff. Integra or Casper might know a bit better than I so wait and see if they chime on in . . .

I really like the center SD on a tighter technical track as it seems a little more crisp coming out of tighter turns.
Dangerwr what about using front SD grease filled/7K center/3K rear for outdoor thight tracks??
What inner SD setup would you suggest (different springs and adjustable ramp plates available in different in degrees)?

Last edited by immarcescibile; 05-05-2011 at 04:22 AM.
immarcescibile is offline  
Old 05-05-2011, 05:14 AM
  #5831  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 227
Default

Is there any other brand of smart diff or active diff we can use on Losi Eight b ?

I had a bad experience with Losi SDs so if I could mount on my Losi Eight another SD brand or another manufacturer active diff I would give it a try

thx
Emmeth is offline  
Old 05-05-2011, 05:26 AM
  #5832  
Tech Adept
 
immarcescibile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Italy
Posts: 159
Default

Originally Posted by Emmeth View Post
Is there any other brand of smart diff or active diff we can use on Losi Eight b ?

I had a bad experience with Losi SDs so if I could mount on my Losi Eight another SD brand or another manufacturer active diff I would give it a try

thx
What happened?
immarcescibile is offline  
Old 05-05-2011, 08:22 AM
  #5833  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,486
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I ran a SD in Truggy for over a year with frequent grease jobs But i never once had an issue with them. What exactly happened Emmeth ? were you aware they require a little more frequent rebuilding ?
Integra is offline  
Old 05-05-2011, 02:29 PM
  #5834  
Tech Adept
 
immarcescibile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Italy
Posts: 159
Default

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
I ran a SD in Truggy for over a year with frequent grease jobs But i never once had an issue with them. What exactly happened Emmeth ? were you aware they require a little more frequent rebuilding ?
Integra what about using front SD grease filled/7K center/3K rear for outdoor thight tracks??
What inner SD setup would you suggest (different springs and adjustable ramp plates available in different in degrees)?
immarcescibile is offline  
Old 05-05-2011, 08:22 PM
  #5835  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,486
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I ran my SD in the center in truggy, I never played with spring's Or ramp plates but always ensured the diff was plenty full and rebuilt it on a strict schedule. Its done me well and more than likely ill be running it again soon.
Integra is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.