Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread >

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teambcw View Post
His car felt like it was on rails, mine was not really loose, just not the same level as his. We both ran the same oils and everything. I just wonder if it came down to his 4s rx8 1900 and my 3s 2650 MMM.

Danger, do you know if it is as smooth without it being censored?
How do I know it is smooth? It just is. I have tried others sensored systems and there is not much difference for 8th scale. In dual mode a RX8 switches back to sensorless mode at speed. All I am saying is that sensored is not needed in 8th scale. Again I run mine outdoors on large tracks so I am not concerned about sensored speeds . . .
Old 03-30-2011, 11:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I agree. If his car felt like it was on rails it's because of his setup, but not necessarily the electronics. Perhaps the punch control could have made the difference but it really boils down to set up, weight, and tires.

-Tony
Old 03-31-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by john stu View Post
so has this happened to anybody else? ive never broken the stock hinge pin brace but managed to see the pin going through the plastic cover a couple of times and i figured it was only a matter of time before i didnt catch it in time and i break the stock aluminum brace from the pin falling one one end,so i figure before i dnf i'll just bite the bullet and buy the losa1754 front adjustable hinge pin braces (made sure to get the new style ones that caputure the pins)................and in the very first race i crash hit the pipe and the hinge pin blows right through the plastic insert and it breaks right through the back of the aluminum brace and i DNF i guess i can still use the brace if i put n a new insert it will just be like the older ones with the whole going through it lol
Seen it happen, Unfortunately they didn't "capture" the pins enough. Funny thing is Ive ran the Older adjustables for quite some time now and haven't spit a Pin in a LONG time. Call up horizon and see if they'll help you out.

Originally Posted by RacerX20 View Post
hmmm...
I'm not a committed RC "racer" by any means, contrary to what my username might imply, (It refers to the band RacerX, lol) but isn't it more ideal to have a lighter car? Wouldn't a lighter car handle better and perform better overall? Runtimes would certainly be better too.

It's just funny because I see some guys lighten their kit by getting carbon fiber parts and buying titanium hardware, and then I see other guys who add weight to their car and run heavier motors ect.
I don't get it.

-Tony

Some feel the need to add weight in particular ares's of the car and by loosing weight on Ti and CF parts they have the option to add the weight where they feel needed while not adding any "extra" weight to the overall car.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

@Integra

What do you mean by "split a pin?" Do you mean push one through the insert??

I run the old style too up front but the brace closest to the bumper ('A' plate?) is bent. I am in the market for a new set which probably means the new style. I was told that on the truggy guys are grinding down the hinge pin a bit for some reason. I wounder if it would help to take a little material off to give the pin a little room on the buggy?
Old 03-31-2011, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default losi 2.0E with V3 kit for sale!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...no-v3-kit.html
Old 03-31-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by dangerwr View Post
@Integra

What do you mean by "split a pin?" Do you mean push one through the insert??

I run the old style too up front but the brace closest to the bumper ('A' plate?) is bent. I am in the market for a new set which probably means the new style. I was told that on the truggy guys are grinding down the hinge pin a bit for some reason. I wounder if it would help to take a little material off to give the pin a little room on the buggy?

Meant to say Spit a pin.....I've heard of shaving the pin a bit but honestly never thought it was needed, However with how cheap hinge pins are...It might worth a shot.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Meant to say Spit a pin.....I've heard of shaving the pin a bit but honestly never thought it was needed, However with how cheap hinge pins are...It might worth a shot.
Gotcha! I like it--spit a pin.

Yeah, I will talk to by Truggy friend again and ask what and why. He did mention something about the new adjustable hinge pin braces so will ask how much they are taking off and give it a try . . .
Old 03-31-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Seen it happen, Unfortunately they didn't "capture" the pins enough. Funny thing is Ive ran the Older adjustables for quite some time now and haven't spit a Pin in a LONG time. Call up horizon and see if they'll help you out.

Some feel the need to add weight in particular ares's of the car and by loosing weight on Ti and CF parts they have the option to add the weight where they feel needed while not adding any "extra" weight to the overall car.
I've never spat a pin, I used to go through inserts quite often. But since I went EU spec last spring, I've hardly seen any wear on those parts. I doubt it has anything to do with the EU parts, but more to do with me being a better driver. Not faster just better, as in easier on the car.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Lord

Oh neo.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have accepted the fact that I will never be a contender for anything.

But I'm still having fun.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Wow, i just put the convserion kit on one of my 2.0's and am very surprised on the balance of this thing. It's soo heavy on the battery side... Kind of disapointed.

However, have not driven it yet so maybe it drives alright.

Also I was going to run a 13t pinion with the stock spur for a 2250kv motor on a 4S lipo, does this seem right
Old 04-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
Wow, i just put the convserion kit on one of my 2.0's and am very surprised on the balance of this thing. It's soo heavy on the battery side... Kind of disapointed.

However, have not driven it yet so maybe it drives alright.

Also I was going to run a 13t pinion with the stock spur for a 2250kv motor on a 4S lipo, does this seem right
Huhhh? Have you actually weighed it on an accurate scale or are you just doing it by hand? I've weighed mine serveral times over the last few years as I've changed configurations a bit here or there. With the stock 8ight-E setup I've found you need about a 550 - 600gm battery to get the left to right balance perfect. Depends on the size of motor you are running. Actually with this setup it is much more left to right balanced than a nitro 2.0 with a 1/2 filled tank. So if you are way heavy on the battery size you must be running a very heavy batt and light motor.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GO-RIDE.com View Post
Huhhh? Have you actually weighed it on an accurate scale or are you just doing it by hand? I've weighed mine serveral times over the last few years as I've changed configurations a bit here or there. With the stock 8ight-E setup I've found you need about a 550 - 600gm battery to get the left to right balance perfect. Depends on the size of motor you are running. Actually with this setup it is much more left to right balanced than a nitro 2.0 with a 1/2 filled tank. So if you are way heavy on the battery size you must be running a very heavy batt and light motor.
+1. Mine is very balanced too with a 575g pack. I like to snicker to myself when I hear these guys at the track go on about how their 2S saddle pack setup has to be the most balanced option. Blah, blah, blah, Bashers!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey guys I have a question. I'm kinda new to racing and I have a nitro 8ight 2.0 I race if race a 8ight E 1.0 would it be a hard transition through the raceway to switch back and forth?
Old 04-06-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DC#14 View Post
Hey guys I have a question. I'm kinda new to racing and I have a nitro 8ight 2.0 I race if race a 8ight E 1.0 would it be a hard transition through the raceway to switch back and forth?
Are you asking because of the chassis? I believe where you will notice the most difference in the power delivery and this presents the largest challenge. Not that it is difficult--just different!

One thing I know that made my EP much easier to drive is using the ESC's current limiter to dial back how strong the juice come on. Have fun with your rides!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.