Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread >

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Upon taking my brand new car of the box, I noticed that the spur gear is rubbing/hitting on the motor mount. Whats up with that?? Is anybody having the same issue?
Old 03-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastzach View Post
Upon taking my brand new car of the box, I noticed that the spur gear is rubbing/hitting on the motor mount. Whats up with that?? Is anybody having the same issue?
That is a bummer. I am getting my new roller tonight and will be sure to take a look. I convereted my original 8ight from nitro and eventually upgraded to a 2.0.

What you will need to do is shim the center diff to allow clearance. You might want to look and see if there are currently shims installed and relocate them . . .
Old 03-18-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

No shims and the Spur Does rub the mount, A simple .1 diff shim will push it far enough away from the mount to prevent the rubbing. Sucks i know but its a good idea to get the spur off the mount.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mine had some slight rubbing. Two diff shims took care of that no problem.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Scammed

Well, I won't be getting a new in the box Losi 8ight-e 2.0 after all. The one I purchased off of ebay turned out to be a scam. Already got my money back from eBay and paypal, but I wanted the buggy! First time in over 12 years on eBay that has happened to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_5778wt_1141

So now I'm playing with a Mugen MBX-6 that I traded for.

John
Old 03-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by justicepool View Post
Well, I won't be getting a new in the box Losi 8ight-e 2.0 after all. The one I purchased off of ebay turned out to be a scam. Already got my money back from eBay and paypal, but I wanted the buggy! First time in over 12 years on eBay that has happened to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_5778wt_1141

So now I'm playing with a Mugen MBX-6 that I traded for.

John
I am personally sorry to hear this story. eBay and its "community" is just not what it used to be. Could be the economy as it brings out a lot of scammers . . .
Old 03-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

+1.. I just ebayed a lot of old leftover stuff out of my store.. Could not BELIEVE the amount of crap I got on the littlest things. People were doing anything they could to get me to send them free stuff basically. REALLY REALLY turned me off from using it again. Not ebay's fault.. but just the people using it.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by REDLINE R/C View Post
+1.. I just ebayed a lot of old leftover stuff out of my store.. Could not BELIEVE the amount of crap I got on the littlest things. People were doing anything they could to get me to send them free stuff basically. REALLY REALLY turned me off from using it again. Not ebay's fault.. but just the people using it.
Yeah, it is unfortunate. But in all fairness I can make a little more money for my stuff on eBay than can often on the F/S thread on RCTech. People really like to low-ball but are more eductaded consumers--so to speak. Asides, the community is a little tighter and have never been ripped off on RCTech. eBay's fees are getting outrageous and the people on it are acting like it is Craig's List or something . . .

Anyway, I have a stock Losi buggy chassis and a Losi 5S LiPo for sale if anyone is interested. No low-ballers please!
Old 03-18-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dangerwr View Post
Yeah, it is unfortunate. But in all fairness I can make a little more money for my stuff on eBay than can often on the F/S thread on RCTech. People really like to low-ball but are more eductaded consumers--so to speak. Asides, the community is a little tighter and have never been ripped off on RCTech. eBay's fees are getting outrageous and the people on it are acting like it is Craig's List or something . . .

Anyway, I have a stock Losi buggy chassis and a Losi 5S LiPo for sale if anyone is interested. No low-ballers please!

Some stuff does go a little higher on ebay, but after the fees I'm not sure it is always worth it. Fees are up around 12 % now and on a $200 + item that is too much in my opinion.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by justicepool View Post
Some stuff does go a little higher on ebay, but after the fees I'm not sure it is always worth it. Fees are up around 12 % now and on a $200 + item that is too much in my opinion.
+1. Agreed and would rather sale here but guess it depends on what it is. I recently sold a bass guitar on eBay and the fees were so much that I swore to never sell on there again so probably should not! Sorry to get off topic guys . . .
Old 03-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dangerwr View Post
+1. Agreed and would rather sale here but guess it depends on what it is. I recently sold a bass guitar on eBay and the fees were so much that I swore to never sell on there again so probably should not! Sorry to get off topic guys . . .
Same here. I sold a USA Fender Strat and the fees were more than $50~!
Old 03-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastzach View Post
I have a new kit too and mine is rubbing as well! It's not a shimming issue though. After I rebuilt the center diff with my own oil I made sure the bolts had even pressure on the spur and the rubbing went away. I think I'll shim it anyway though, that's a good tip.

Also Losi uses LocTite on the setscrews that hold the pins in on the wheel hexes. Both my rears were so tight I stripped the set screw! I used a 40w soldering iron and heated the screw for 2 minutes and then I was able to remove them. So watch out for that.

This kit is just amazing but the hardware is soft. I'm gonna hit up the hardware store and get some 12-9 grade bolts.

Anyone know how to get rid of the play on the shock caps? There is play between the bushing and shock cap. I guess some washer shims may work.

-Tony
Old 03-18-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RacerX20 View Post
I have a new kit too and mine is rubbing as well! It's not a shimming issue though. After I rebuilt the center diff with my own oil I made sure the bolts had even pressure on the spur and the rubbing went away. I think I'll shim it anyway though, that's a good tip.

Also Losi uses LocTite on the setscrews that hold the pins in on the wheel hexes. Both my rears were so tight I stripped the set screw! I used a 40w soldering iron and heated the screw for 2 minutes and then I was able to remove them. So watch out for that.

This kit is just amazing but the hardware is soft. I'm gonna hit up the hardware store and get some 12-9 grade bolts.

Anyone know how to get rid of the play on the shock caps? There is play between the bushing and shock cap. I guess some washer shims may work.

-Tony
In my experience you want a little play on the shock caps as designed. The Losi likes a little slop all over! You will see . . .
Old 03-18-2011, 09:18 PM

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

I was trying to sell my savage flux on ebay, and the fees were $80! Luckily a buyer who was interested was cool enough to skip ebay and go straight through paypal. He was in France too, and was a very interesting guy!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
I was trying to sell my savage flux on ebay, and the fees were $80! Luckily a buyer who was interested was cool enough to skip ebay and go straight through paypal. He was in France too, and was a very interesting guy!
Hey bud! Thanks for that link on the roller and battery. Got here today and was originally scheduled for Monday. Cheers!!

I got a battery, chassis, and shell for sale now!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.