Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread >

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr View Post
The JConcepts works very well with velrco--eliminating the body posts altogether keeps it from ripping. I ran mine 2 - 3 times per week all summer and the body is still intact and will be my practice body nest year . . .
Yes a friend of mine races with his like that. I just really have a hatred for Velcro.. no idea why.

Also forgot to add - The JConcepts body doesn't fit as well as the Slipstream. Like someone else mentioned, it does flop back and forth since it doesn't rest against the mud guards. I still prefer it over the PL.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Can you guys post pics where the front of the Slipstream is breaking so i know where to reinforce. Thank you kindly

good idea to allow some flex in the body for E or Nitro guys

Last edited by Integra; 11-12-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pilotwings119 View Post
Yes a friend of mine races with his like that. I just really have a hatred for Velcro.. no idea why.

Also forgot to add - The JConcepts body doesn't fit as well as the Slipstream. Like someone else mentioned, it does flop back and forth since it doesn't rest against the mud guards. I still prefer it over the PL.
You hate velcro? I would not spend much energy on having that much disdain for an inanimate object myself. It works great! And the JConcepts body fits perfectly so I am not sure what you are doing wrong . . .
Old 11-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Tech Lord

dangerwr, All of my JC body's for my 8ight's nitro and Electric have been over sized on the sides and don't hug the chassis as say the Stock body does.....Its not something were doing wrong.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
dangerwr, All of my JC body's for my 8ight's nitro and Electric have been over sized on the sides and don't hug the chassis as say the Stock body does.....Its not something were doing wrong.
Going back to the velcro. When I place a strip of loops down either side of the body and the hooks on the chassis guards it is just amazing that I do not have any gaps. Too each his own--just sharing what works my friend. Shoo Goo does a body good as well . . .
Old 11-13-2010, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Shoe goo and fiberglass mesh or drywall fiberglass tape... Bulletproof.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Lord

If you can get Drywall Patch's which have more glass in them, In All direction it wont tear as easily as the plain Roll of tape. I also prefer Silicone Vs Shoe Goo....Ive seen shoe goo take off paint all too many time's and just plain Like the silicone better.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr View Post
And the JConcepts body fits perfectly so I am not sure what you are doing wrong . . .
Yeah that's it - I'm doing it wrong...

Integra - I have my body mount post like that and it seems to help.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
If you can get Drywall Patch's which have more glass in them, In All direction it wont tear as easily as the plain Roll of tape. I also prefer Silicone Vs Shoe Goo....Ive seen shoe goo take off paint all too many time's and just plain Like the silicone better.
Agree, shoe goo will take off paint. If you go slow and just do small areas at a time with minimal spreading though it's awesome once it sets.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Acill View Post
Agree, shoe goo will take off paint. If you go slow and just do small areas at a time with minimal spreading though it's awesome once it sets.
+1 on shoe goo, for me it's a must do on EVERY BODY.. buggy get some truggy gets a bunch in the rear corners and the Short Course gets a bath in it Wheel area etc. If you go crazy rubbing it in you will loose some paint, but if you don't spead it to the base it won't hurt the paint at all and you will get 2 to 3x the life out of your body. I use it around every body hole on all vehicles.

PS the only other thing that I found that works pretty darn good besides shoe goo is the 3M clear tape chunks that come in some automobile install kits.. that crap is outstanding

PSPS don't mess w/ the front buggy body mount.. just make the rear body hole long enough to be able to handle any chassis flex if you make a small round hole you will mess up bodies.. if you just make it elongated you will have NO issues.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Can people who have the jconcepts body measure how muc room you have up and down in the ver front of the tray (in MM)? Also, can you do the same with the slipstream integra?
Old 11-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
+1 on shoe goo, for me it's a must do on EVERY BODY.. buggy get some truggy gets a bunch in the rear corners and the Short Course gets a bath in it Wheel area etc. If you go crazy rubbing it in you will loose some paint, but if you don't spead it to the base it won't hurt the paint at all and you will get 2 to 3x the life out of your body. I use it around every body hole on all vehicles.

PS the only other thing that I found that works pretty darn good besides shoe goo is the 3M clear tape chunks that come in some automobile install kits.. that crap is outstanding

PSPS don't mess w/ the front buggy body mount.. just make the rear body hole long enough to be able to handle any chassis flex if you make a small round hole you will mess up bodies.. if you just make it elongated you will have NO issues.

were not +1ing shoe goo......As i said its proven to remove paint more often then not, Not to mention is stays Hard unlike silicone......The front body mod i posted works Flawlessly and i Highly recommend it as when the body does flex and bottoms out on either the rear of the body on the tower or the obligated hole, you still have some flex left....Don't knock it till you've tried it.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
Can people who have the jconcepts body measure how muc room you have up and down in the ver front of the tray (in MM)? Also, can you do the same with the slipstream integra?

not too sure how we would go about that....but when i get the slip stream, Ill try for ya.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Integra: I don't have the Slipstream body, it's been tossed a long time ago. It did break right across the front hole. Broke the front of the body clean off.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by neobart View Post
Integra: I don't have the Slipstream body, it's been tossed a long time ago. It did break right across the front hole. Broke the front of the body clean off.

Thx Neo, Ill see what i can do.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.