Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread >

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

If JC greens work then I would assume Losi greens would work as well. Normally for indoor clay people run JC gold or Losi Pink but if you guys are running the softer "non clay" compounds then the Losi greens should work well.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
If JC greens work then I would assume Losi greens would work as well. Normally for indoor clay people run JC gold or Losi Pink but if you guys are running the softer "non clay" compounds then the Losi greens should work well.
yeah.... we all run blue concepts and green concepts and losi reds the clay tires in pink do not work on our track as good!!...rod rippie and chris baumgartner,josh wheeler and justin dremyer to name a few of the pros that run at our track every weekend all use clipped or scrubbed blue barcodes or losi red bk bars or clipped jc greens

the track has some clay in it but not alot so thats why we dont run the clay compound...
Old 10-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Prophet

Got it. Greens should be great then.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Ok, so took it to the track today for the first time. Running drakes setup except with 27.5 weight oil up front with green springs (All I had). Ok, so running 2 2s 5200mah 30c hardcase batts in series, along with MMM ESC and Tekin 2050 motor geared 15-45t. Went through two "packs" of 4s, and nothing broke! Really happy witht he handling, steering is amazing, jumps well, and has awesome suspension. My weight bias side to side is pretty much perfect in the rear, and slighlty heavier battery side in front. Didn't seem to affect it much. Only two problems the whole time: First, a rear shhock screw backed out. Second, the switch kept turning up on hard landings, so i moved it and had no problems. Temps were (after full run): Batts: 105 ESC: 120 Motor: 180 (is this too hot, should i gear up, down? Or keep it as is?)

So here's the best part: 22 minutes hard 100% track runtime with LVC set at 3.1V! Really happy with that, much more than i expected. Will be able to run the nitro 20 minute mains without 1 battery change!
Old 10-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Losi sells LH screws to solve the bottom screw issue.

You can gear up but it may effect runtime so test it out and see how it goes.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr
I wish I could elaborate a little more on this! I was talking to some EE's where I work and I explained the issues....
Interesting - thanks for posting that

Any idea if those Left-handed screws will hold after the arms have been threaded with Right-handed screws?
Old 10-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Yep they work great. I put LH screws in my kit arms that had RH screws in them and everything works awesome!
Old 10-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

so i'm looking to get a new esc for my buggy. i'm prob going to get a mamba monster. my question is how are othe esc mounted. meaning what r u guys using to mount them to the chassis? i was thinking double sided tape,but was thinking it may not hold. so any insight would be very helpful also include any pics. thank you
Old 10-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pballer2777
so i'm looking to get a new esc for my buggy. i'm prob going to get a mamba monster. my question is how are othe esc mounted. meaning what r u guys using to mount them to the chassis? i was thinking double sided tape,but was thinking it may not hold. so any insight would be very helpful also include any pics. thank you
I use the MMM and like it in this car. What I do is use industrial strength velcro underneath but that is not enuff. I have to use the Traxxas MMM mount for the E-Revo (I believe). Otherwise the case will fly apart and the ESC is done. PITA but it works.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

I use the MMM ESC, and use velcro plus zipties.

Any ideas on my temps?
Old 10-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Muggydude
I use the MMM ESC, and use velcro plus zipties.

Any ideas on my temps?
Temps on the ESC? Ah, you probably will not have to worry. If the fan stays on after running it would be a good idea to start temping it. Typically the fan turns on at 140F. If you are getting much hotter than that then something is wrong. If mine were above 160F I would really wonder what is going on.

The motor is a a little different story. Try to keep it under 180F or less . . .
Old 10-09-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 162 (100%+)

I have a quick question about the Losi 4s 5000Mah Battery, What balance board do I need using a none losi charger to balance charger this battery? I have a Team Orion Advantage charger. Thanks.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

how do you guys put on the traxxas mmm ESC protector. I bought one after reading a few posts here but when I received it, I noticed that there is no screw holes on the losi converion kit to intall the traxxas part. can anyone please post some pics of it. thank you.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by bigBoyBigToy
were can i find a set up that i can download for indoor hard pack super grip,and very smooth... we usually run blue barcodes on 10th,very tight and technical track?

i get my Losi today and i wanna put a set up on it... and i will be going thru the whole car this weekend to refresh everything...... seems like most of our other 1/8 e guys for indoor are using the super soft wishbones and love them.... i believe the car will have the box stock set up on it i was told but anyways a set up would really help thanks guys!!!!!
This is a great starting setup that was developed on a similar track to what you described.

http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/L...6_DrakeStd.pdf

I run this with only a few minor tweaks. I like 55 pistons with 37.5wt oil for a little more pack in the front and I run the inclined spindles.
Same setup that I am currently running (std Drake E) and I love it. I might put my vented shock caps and inclined spindles on it but for now, its dialed.

You can gear up but it may effect runtime so test it out and see how it goes.
How did I miss the Losi LH shock screw part numbers??
I definitely need some of these.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, my 8ight has never been faster... then I forgot how to drive! I managed to win the race for my opponent... (This was an unusual race because the BL 8th scale turnout was low. So we ran the truggies and buggies together.)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.