Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread >

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Danger, are you going to be up at the nats track this weekend? I am actually going to be in CO for the weekend and was going to try and get over there for a bit since it looks like a big race.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AMorgan View Post
Danger, are you going to be up at the nats track this weekend? I am actually going to be in CO for the weekend and was going to try and get over there for a bit since it looks like a big race.
I am not going to CFT this weekend. This weekend is Pikes Peak Nitro Challenge and there was not enough of us EP guys around this weekend for our own class. The track is freakin' awesome--I would definitely go if you are in town. Top notch facility and a bunch of cool guys. Randy runs the races and is a funny dude (mostly funny looking).

A lot of the local guys are a bit burned out after Nats so I do not know how the turnout will be. They bumped PPNC back to a 1-day race so they may get more people to show.

Enjoy if you make it out and let me know if you need directions or anything at all . . .
Old 07-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

While the truggy is by far more forgiving to drive, it does seem to abuse the shocks much more than my buggy and it will change ride height MORE than the buggy throughout the day because of it. Might have to try them in the buggy first and then see what I think.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hate2Looz View Post
While the truggy is by far more forgiving to drive, it does seem to abuse the shocks much more than my buggy and it will change ride height MORE than the buggy throughout the day because of it. Might have to try them in the buggy first and then see what I think.
True. Also, due to the fact that the truggy typically has further length of travel may play into the equation . . .
Old 07-31-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

So I picked up a set of the vented EU caps and foam spacers, and now the shocks leak like crazy around the caps. Are you supposed to build them any different than before? I have always built them with no rebound, and now they seem to have some. Maybe Ill have to download the EU manual and see what it recomends to do.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by omaha_racing View Post
So I picked up a set of the vented EU caps and foam spacers, and now the shocks leak like crazy around the caps. Are you supposed to build them any different than before? I have always built them with no rebound, and now they seem to have some. Maybe Ill have to download the EU manual and see what it recomends to do.
Drake posted a real good video on building the shocks with the new EU caps on Losi's website and You Tube. Very detailed and informative.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by omaha_racing View Post

are you using new blatters ? are yours torn ?
Old 07-31-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, im waiting patiently on my conversion kit from castle for my Losi Eight.
I picked up the V3 2650kv kit from Castle, my question is, has anyone had any experience with this ? and if so, good/bad feedback?
thx
Im also gonna be buying twin lipo packs, any suggestion on ratings that will be drivable, but not slow?
Old 07-31-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AKSHUN View Post
Hey guys, im waiting patiently on my conversion kit from castle for my Losi Eight.
I picked up the V3 2650kv kit from Castle, my question is, has anyone had any experience with this ? and if so, good/bad feedback?
thx
Im also gonna be buying twin lipo packs, any suggestion on ratings that will be drivable, but not slow?
Yea I ran this combo in my 8 for a while. It runs quite well on 3s, Geared 15/46.

I did end up changing to Tekin once they got their problems worked out though.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:03 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AKSHUN View Post
thx
Try and download the new update for the castle link, and try the motor on 4s. The new up date has a topspeed limiter for the speed ontrol. It might be the new trick for the big block motors?????
Old 08-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Im almost finished with my 2.0 conversion and was wondering what options do i have for spur gears?

I know one comes with it and i put away the ones i used when it was nitro.. or can i use thatone too.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Due to the cover for the starter hole in the chassis you should use 45T or smaller spur but others have used larger spurs by dremeling out the plastic below the spur. Losi makes 43,44 and 45 plastic spurs which make the car much quiter but are not "requried". Make sure you do not install rear motor support as this can be a cause of stripping spurs.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:44 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Due to the cover for the starter hole in the chassis you should use 45T or smaller spur but others have used larger spurs by dremeling out the plastic below the spur. Losi makes 43,44 and 45 plastic spurs which make the car much quiter but are not "requried". Make sure you do not install rear motor support as this can be a cause of stripping spurs.
Anything new in the world of losi casper?
Old 08-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Not much I know of on the 8-E front. They are always working on the platform in the office though so not sure what they have up there sleeves!
Old 08-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I would assume they are working diligently on the 4wd SC right now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.