Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread >

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 01:23 PM
  #4366  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Shark413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,554
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by morgoth View Post
How much does your Tekno 8ight weights RTR?
Here's mine: RTR 3600-3650g, but I'd like to see it somewhere near 3500g rtr (4s 5000mah turnigy lipo btw)
I like the 8ight but I dislike the mech brakes. Ran nitro before and having more brake on the front is imo more consitent.


Morgoth, I put the buggy on the scale and it came out to 6lbs 5oz with no body, wheels or battery. Keep in mind I am running aluminum front/rear carriers, steering top plate, I run a bigger 2200kv truggy motor, extra center chassis brace, mech brakes/extra servo and clutch. So it can be a lot lighter if that's what your looking for.

Shark413 is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 01:28 PM
  #4367  
Tech Elite
 
morgoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,909
Default

Originally Posted by Shark413 View Post
Morgoth, I put the buggy on the scale and it came out to 6lbs 5oz with no body, wheels or battery. Keep in mind I am running aluminum front/rear carriers, steering top plate, I run a bigger 2200kv truggy motor, extra center chassis brace, mech brakes/extra servo and clutch. So it can be a lot lighter if that's what your looking for.

I'm running the 2200kv too. I'd like too have mech brakes in my ride but I don't know if I should go for Mugen tekno or losi tekno. I bought my for with a load of hop ups and spares for a little money. But I have always been a fan of the Mugen mbx6 and it looks sick with the Tekno kit. But my wallet doesn't like switching to an other car
I how do you like the tekno chasis? It seems a lot stiffer than the stock one. Especially with the extra brace. I guess that clutch is really good for smoothing the 2200kv out.
I'll put mine on the scale on the scale too see what it weight without body and tires.

Mini is RTR without tires, lipo and body 5lbs 11oz. Is a bit lighter but no clutch, servo etc.

Last edited by morgoth; 06-02-2010 at 02:31 PM.
morgoth is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 03:40 PM
  #4368  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Shark413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,554
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Anybody seen or tried these? Pretty pricey but it allows a lot of caster adjustment. The info also states you can adjust caster on each wheel independent from the other wheel (don't know why you would want to do that).

Shark413 is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 05:40 PM
  #4369  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,486
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Shark413 View Post
Anybody seen or tried these? Pretty pricey but it allows a lot of caster adjustment. The info also states you can adjust caster on each wheel independent from the other wheel (don't know why you would want to do that).


Those are for the L8ight...Off road they would be a waste and add unwanted weight.
Integra is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 06:54 PM
  #4370  
Guest
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,161
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default tires

how does the losi tire compounds go from hard to soft??
LOSIRACER77 is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 08:38 PM
  #4371  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Silver, red, green
Hard to soft

Then there is pink which is indoor clay compound.
Casper is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 10:04 PM
  #4372  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Gold Coast, Australia.
Posts: 555
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Can somebody please help me with gearing a Losi 8E.

I have Tekin 2050kv combo. Racing on a large outdoor track.

10 min heats and 15 min mains.

Using 5400mAh 4s battery.

Cheers
Hey Chris is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 06:40 AM
  #4373  
Tech Elite
 
morgoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,909
Default

Originally Posted by Hey Chris View Post
Can somebody please help me with gearing a Losi 8E.

I have Tekin 2050kv combo. Racing on a large outdoor track.

10 min heats and 15 min mains.

Using 5400mAh 4s battery.

Cheers
I would try 14/45 and if that's not enough go 15/45. I read somewhere that the 2050kv is actually ~2150kv.
I think you will be good with a 14T pinion. Or what top would you like to have?
morgoth is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 11:47 AM
  #4374  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (43)
 
Jube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,397
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Shark413 View Post
Morgoth, I put the buggy on the scale and it came out to 6lbs 5oz with no body, wheels or battery. Keep in mind I am running aluminum front/rear carriers, steering top plate, I run a bigger 2200kv truggy motor, extra center chassis brace, mech brakes/extra servo and clutch. So it can be a lot lighter if that's what your looking for.

Thats why I got away from the Tekno stuff. It was just too damn heavy for my liking. Good stuff, just heavy.
My 2.0B weighs weighs 6lbs 6ozs rtr minus tires. My Tekno weighed in at a whopping 8.75 lbs rtr UGHHH
Jube is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 09:47 PM
  #4375  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (40)
 
Hollywood_07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tiger country baby!
Posts: 560
Trader Rating: 40 (98%+)
Default Gearing/Losi 8ight-E 2.0

I know this is probably beating a dead horse.....but here goes.
I am running the 45t spur, Castle 2200/ESC combo and Hyperion 14.8v 45c 5000mah lipo.
I have my pinion figured to be a 13 or 14. Can anyone confirm that before I set her on the track plz. I'm a noob to this electric stuff
Hollywood_07 is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 09:50 PM
  #4376  
Guest
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,161
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hollywood_07 View Post
I know this is probably beating a dead horse.....but here goes.
I am running the 45t spur, Castle 2200/ESC combo and Hyperion 14.8v 45c 5000mah lipo.
I have my pinion figured to be a 13 or 14. Can anyone confirm that before I set her on the track plz. I'm a noob to this electric stuff
put her on the track and run her boy!!!!!!!!! looks good go with 13 or 12. where r u from man ??
i just seen that set up run this weekend, it was good
LOSIRACER77 is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 10:15 PM
  #4377  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (114)
 
blade329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Glendora, CA
Posts: 5,124
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hollywood_07 View Post
I know this is probably beating a dead horse.....but here goes.
I am running the 45t spur, Castle 2200/ESC combo and Hyperion 14.8v 45c 5000mah lipo.
I have my pinion figured to be a 13 or 14. Can anyone confirm that before I set her on the track plz. I'm a noob to this electric stuff
It depends on the size of the track. I used the same setup in mine for a while and a 14T was perfect for med/large size tracks. I would start there.
blade329 is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 10:39 PM
  #4378  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (43)
 
Jube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,397
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Well I asked the question awhile back with no response so I bought one anyway with the worst case it ended up on my nitro buggy.

Proline Bulldog Losi 2.0 w Fastlane Stickas!
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread-1.jpg   Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread-2.jpg   Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread-3.jpg   Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread-4.jpg   Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread-5.jpg  

Jube is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 10:44 PM
  #4379  
Guest
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,161
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jube View Post
Well I asked the question awhile back with no response so I bought one anyway with the worst case it ended up on my nitro buggy.

Proline Bulldog Losi 2.0 w Fastlane Stickas!
damn???????? did u hit the wall too hard?? i never seen a body like that?
LOSIRACER77 is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 10:48 PM
  #4380  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (43)
 
Jube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,397
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77 View Post
damn???????? did u hit the wall too hard?? i never seen a body like that?
Come to Asylum Saturday and you can see it in person at the Reo Mafia pits!
Jube is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.