Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread >

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Cool glad to see you doing something different.
I get a little tired of staying with the same brand as well.
That's why i have 1 of each brand.
Since my other cars got new parts, my losi is next in line for upgrades.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

No motor Brace over here as well...My 1900 can is nicked from the chassis touching it but im not too concerned.

MindThoughts you know how i feel about Robert's stuff....it did me proud this weekend the JC Nats.....Bumped from C no problem's and had the B on lock down till 9:45 when I guess i got a little warm and hit thermal.

Drake is as far as i know Running Robert's stuff on his E-buggy....at least he was at the NC back in Feb.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Got the body ready, now i just need the buggy!
Old 06-01-2010, 12:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jube View Post
I'm with Casper here. All spur stripping I have seen has been solved by the removal of the brace. As I posted above and reiterated by Casper, it only adds extra force to the motor causing the damage to spurs.
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
No motor Brace over here as well...My 1900 can is nicked from the chassis touching it but im not too concerned.
Thanks for the clear awnser!

@Integra: What ESC are you running? I'm running a MMM V3 with the Castle Neu 1515 1.5Y 2200kv in my buggy, but it's a bit heavy and overpowerd. I was looking at the Tekin systems, but the ESC seems to be unreliable from what I read.
I live in Europe, so shipping it back to the US every time is a bit expensive and takes a while. What do you recommend?

@DG designs: Nice lookin body! I guess you will have a good airflow with that one!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Revolutionary, servicable Carbon race chassis for the Losi 8ight-E, by Matrix.

Hi Integra,
I'm really happy to hear that Robert of Matrix Concepts Inc, carbon chassis is and has served your racing needs so well. I sent Robert my Hyper 9e Chassis to see if there's some way I cam bolt my hyper 9e drivetrain onto the carbon losi chassis Robert is making, though it would be Completely Awesome if Robert became interested in making a carbon chassis for the Hyper 9e, even if just one. But I understand a mold has to be made and that's where allot of the work is. I've thought of asking Robert if I could travel over there to Matrix, and make the mold under his guidance, but thought that may not be possible for me because I have to stay over here at the home front in Glendale,CA. but I'm seriously considering dusting off my old 1.0 Losi 8ight-E and buying every upgrade he makes for that buggy, carbon chassis, all aluminum drive shafts/axles, and front and rear carbon fiber shock towers. From what I've been reading on the Hot Bodies Ve8, new carbon chassis that ships with that buggy, sounds like Robert at Matrix has a Chassis a thousand times stronger than what Hot Bodies is using. I've not seen nor heard of even one of Roberts chassis breaking, no matter what the abuse his chassis have endured. What I would like to do if I end up getting all the Losi hop ups from Robert, is to use a convertion kit that allows me to mount the Brushless motor onto the side of the buggy that is exactly where the nitro motor plate is, Robert designed these carbon chassis for the nitro motors and I would like to keep the motor in that same space. Do you know of a motor mount that would permit this mounting location? Also, I don't recal if Robert and I discussed this, but I saw on Mikes RC Monster Forum, pictures of what I believe was a Matrix losi 8ight Conversion, complete. I don't know if that was a different carbon chassis or not, but really like the layout. Do you know if this kit is something that can be bought from matrix, or was this a prototype?

Thank you Integra, looking forward to your response.

Originally Posted by Integra View Post

MindThoughts you know how i feel about Robert's stuff....it did me proud this weekend the JC Nats.....Bumped from C no problem's and had the B on lock down till 9:45 when I guess i got a little warm and hit thermal.

Drake is as far as i know Running Robert's stuff on his E-buggy....at least he was at the NC back in Feb.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:37 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default race report

hi guys i went racing saturday and run the hog-leg 2650, i am getting a 1800 kv and 2200 ordered. i ran on a slick track with 4s with the hog leg motor. geared 10 45. i had the punch control turned up to 90 and no timming, and still was blew the tires off the car. i should have had better judgement and run the 3s on that slick track. in the last amain, triple a mains i put the 3s in, all i can say was that i should have put it in sooner. i got 2nd place and a new hitec servo. i reprogrammed the speedo 50 on the punch 5 on the timming, same gear and had faster lap times and i still was not pasted on the straightaways.
i did drove a losi with a 2200 = 11 45 gear 4s. and it felt good! i thought he should have won.

the end.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

2650 on 4s is a monster. That motor is fast on 3S! LOL

On a slick track 3S is the way to go. 4S has so much bottom end! Great when you have traction but when you don't.........
Old 06-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Are any of you guys running the Tekno conversion on the Losi 8 buggy ? I just did the conversion and wow is all i can say, need to ask some questions about the electric clutch versus the direct pinion and some tekno chassis set-ups. I have the Tekno chassis but using everything else Losi like diffd and towers and bulkheads, etc. I run 2650 motor w/ tekin speedo, 4cell smc 52/50 packs car is fast just looking for some polishing on set-up and clutch set-up, thanks.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kash$ View Post
Are any of you guys running the Tekno conversion on the Losi 8 buggy ? I just did the conversion and wow is all i can say, need to ask some questions about the electric clutch versus the direct pinion and some tekno chassis set-ups. I have the Tekno chassis but using everything else Losi like diffd and towers and bulkheads, etc. I run 2650 motor w/ tekin speedo, 4cell smc 52/50 packs car is fast just looking for some polishing on set-up and clutch set-up, thanks.
Hi, I have been running the Tekno conversion on both my 8ight buggy and truggy for about 6 months. Very happy with the quality and the way they run. I currently use the mech brakes, but I have used motor only brakes on my two previous brushless buggies (Kyosho and Z-Car). Right now I am running a Castle 2200kv motor on 4s but I have also run the 2650kv motor. Also the Tekno thread is a good place to get feedback on their products.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Shark413 View Post
Hi, I have been running the Tekno conversion on both my 8ight buggy and truggy for about 6 months. Very happy with the quality and the way they run. I currently use the mech brakes, but I have used motor only brakes on my two previous brushless buggies (Kyosho and Z-Car). Right now I am running a Castle 2200kv motor on 4s but I have also run the 2650kv motor. Also the Tekno thread is a good place to get feedback on their products.

thanks i will check that out.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
2650 on 4s is a monster. That motor is fast on 3S! LOL

On a slick track 3S is the way to go. 4S has so much bottom end! Great when you have traction but when you don't.........
O-MY-GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WISH THAT I WENT THE 3S SOONER FOR THIS RACE. man i blew tires off the rim!!!!!! on the front.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I run a losi 8e 1.0 and have been pretty succesful racing it so far but I would like to take my speed to the next level. I have found a suspension setup that handles the bumps very well with the help of the losi pros in my area but have yet to feel comfortable putting the power down as the car gets very loose every time I attempt to get aggresive with the throttle. I have won my class every race so far but feel I have to drive way too conservitive. The track I race at has many of the top pros in the gas class but they dont have alot to say when it comes to E buggy. My question is what is the lightest center diff oil you other fast guys race with? I currently run 5-5-2 but my car will still wheelie on power down a small bump I believe this may be due to the rear suspension setup and ride height but was thinking about trying 5-3-2 setup and allowing more of a front drive setup to pull the car a bit more than pushing with the rear end so much because right now the car does not seem to unload the front tires at all. Example on the back straight of the track I run on I attempt to get on power and if I lay into it gets out of shape spinning all four tires forcing me to let out of the throttle a bit and ease back in.

Also I run mmm with mamba 2200 motor 4s geared 12/45 and punch control is set to 30% and 0* timing

Well let me know what you think.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Shark413 View Post

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...3/DSC01489.jpg
How much does your Tekno 8ight weights RTR?
Here's mine: RTR 3600-3650g, but I'd like to see it somewhere near 3500g rtr (4s 5000mah turnigy lipo btw)
I like the 8ight but I dislike the mech brakes. Ran nitro before and having more brake on the front is imo more consitent.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:54 AM

Default losi tires

hey casper how does the tire compound go on the losi 1/8 wheels?? or where can i find a chart on the losi site???
Old 06-02-2010, 07:17 AM
Tech Rookie

who did the paint work ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.