Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread >

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 09:04 AM
  #4261  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gtsakiris View Post
hey guys thanks 1st off thanks for the help.

1) what are u guys running for oil/springs setup? I run a 4 cell pack 5250, and switched front silver for green w/ 40wt, and green with 35wt in the rear. I think she handles good and bottoms out less with the greens in front. Any comments?

2) i've been reading about some spur issues with being close to motor mount? I run a plastic 45 or 46 have both. I do see that the spur runs sooooooo close to the mount. What I am missing here, alot of posts to filter thru and looking for some answers. Any commnets appreciated.

3) what center diff oil are u guys using with the e setup? I recently switche dmy 8t-2.0 to 20wt center , how about the 8b?

thanks.
I use 2 shims that were introduced with the 2.0 kit to push that spur over just a tiny bit--maybe 1mm. Works perfect and does not rub--it just takes out the slop . . .
dangerwr is offline  
Old 05-20-2010, 09:58 AM
  #4262  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

I tried the smart diff a few times. It did help some with steering but it killed acceleration. Felt like I was down at 5K in the center diff. For our indoor tracks with med to high traction the 5k kills acceleration coming out of the corners. 7K gives it back. The smart diff I think would be much better in some looser conditions.

We have been playing around with the inclined spindles and the 10* caster blocks. What a change this makes. The car really holds the corner now. Carries more speed through the sweeper and the front pulls through the tight slow 180's without having to swing the rear around. If anyone is looking for steering I would highly recommend them.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSA1734
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSA1729

Expesive I understand but I would pick this over the SD for most all conditions if looking for more steering.
Casper is offline  
Old 05-20-2010, 12:07 PM
  #4263  
Guest
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,161
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I tried the smart diff a few times. It did help some with steering but it killed acceleration. Felt like I was down at 5K in the center diff. For our indoor tracks with med to high traction the 5k kills acceleration coming out of the corners. 7K gives it back. The smart diff I think would be much better in some looser conditions.

We have been playing around with the inclined spindles and the 10* caster blocks. What a change this makes. The car really holds the corner now. Carries more speed through the sweeper and the front pulls through the tight slow 180's without having to swing the rear around. If anyone is looking for steering I would highly recommend them.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSA1734
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSA1729

Expesive I understand but I would pick this over the SD for most all conditions if looking for more steering.
HEY BOYS I THINK SOMEONE IS HOLDING BACK ON US!!!!!!!!!
LOSIRACER77 is offline  
Old 05-20-2010, 01:39 PM
  #4264  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

I just drove my buddies car with these. He was driving my same basic setup before and what a difference. I have them order. That is all I will say! They are 8ight-EU parts so these are pretty new.

Last edited by Casper; 05-20-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Casper is offline  
Old 05-20-2010, 02:28 PM
  #4265  
Guest
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,161
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I just drove my buddies car with these. He was driving my same basic setup before and what a difference. I have them order. That is all I will say! They are 8eight-EU parts so these are pretty new.
i just saw one of them buggys on ebay with motor and pipe for 589.00
LOSIRACER77 is offline  
Old 05-20-2010, 09:49 PM
  #4266  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (198)
 
XXXDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,121
Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77 View Post
HEY BOYS I THINK SOMEONE IS HOLDING BACK ON US!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I just drove my buddies car with these. He was driving my same basic setup before and what a difference. I have them order. That is all I will say! They are 8ight-EU parts so these are pretty new.
Casper is spot on as usual... I just ordered a set of 10* ( Horizon Hobbies)Going to try some new setups simular to what Casper uses... I run the Tekin/2050 combo on 4's gonna go to 5/6/2 difs and the black rear springs.... Casper keep up with the great tips! I run loose big outdoor clay tracks.
XXXDad is offline  
Old 05-20-2010, 10:16 PM
  #4267  
Guest
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,161
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by XXXDad View Post
Casper is spot on as usual... I just ordered a set of 10* ( Horizon Hobbies)Going to try some new setups simular to what Casper uses... I run the Tekin/2050 combo on 4's gonna go to 5/6/2 difs and the black rear springs.... Casper keep up with the great tips! I run loose big outdoor clay tracks.
i was just pulling his leg with my coment
LOSIRACER77 is offline  
Old 05-21-2010, 08:08 PM
  #4268  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (198)
 
XXXDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,121
Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Questions??

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSA5431
How about these? Who uses them ?
http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/L...on-English.pdf
XXXDad is offline  
Old 05-21-2010, 08:16 PM
  #4269  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

They just came in stock. They are for when you drill a hole in the shock cap. A mod they have been doing for a while for more consistant shocks.

I am using them!
Casper is offline  
Old 05-21-2010, 10:45 PM
  #4270  
Guest
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,161
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default casper

i will test front oneway saturday and i will give a report on it saturday night. and on the 27.5 black spring in the rear. tell how to do that shok cap deal??? do u put more holes in the cap?? and use the foam thang?? does the foam have measurement that has to be right on???

Last edited by LOSIRACER77; 05-22-2010 at 12:53 AM.
LOSIRACER77 is offline  
Old 05-22-2010, 01:28 AM
  #4271  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Here is a great article by RC Car on the shock cap mod.

http://www.rc-car.com/index.php/site/article/140/

We are using foam instead of the glued together o-rings though.

You can buy these caps and the foam from losi now.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSA5422

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSA5431
Casper is offline  
Old 05-22-2010, 01:46 AM
  #4272  
Guest
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,161
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Here is a great article by RC Car on the shock cap mod.

http://www.rc-car.com/index.php/site/article/140/

We are using foam instead of the glued together o-rings though.

You can buy these caps and the foam from losi now.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSA5422

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSA5431
after looking at the link, i might not be put the bladder and cap on right??
LOSIRACER77 is offline  
Old 05-22-2010, 01:56 AM
  #4273  
Guest
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,161
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default shocks

i fill the shock up then take the bladder and set it on the top of the shock and push the shaft up alittle bit so oil comes out,then pull the shaft back down and that sucks the bladder down the shock body, then a put the top on and check the rebound. is this not right? what would be the difference put the bladder in the shock cap and putting it on the shock body??
LOSIRACER77 is offline  
Old 05-22-2010, 05:53 AM
  #4274  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
gtsakiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Demolished Shore, NJ
Posts: 1,081
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default shocks and oil setups

hey guys thanks for the info on the the center diff. I am running 1900 on 4s. I am running green in front/rear and have seen some improvement in the front end not dragging. What are you guys running as far as springs and oil with a 4s/5000mah weight. I am also running on clay at all three tracks so traction is premo. thanks alot fo the help
gtsakiris is offline  
Old 05-22-2010, 11:53 AM
  #4275  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (198)
 
XXXDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,121
Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by gtsakiris View Post
hey guys thanks for the info on the the center diff. I am running 1900 on 4s. I am running green in front/rear and have seen some improvement in the front end not dragging. What are you guys running as far as springs and oil with a 4s/5000mah weight. I am also running on clay at all three tracks so traction is premo. thanks alot fo the help
I run Silver springs in the front with #54 pistons and 42.5 w oil
full rebound in the shocks!
XXXDad is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.