Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread >

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 04:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brofroe View Post
I bought a set of black rears and green fronts because of the extra weight of 'E' converesion and I wore a set of fronts out last year(had the spring collar ran all the way down and could not achieve proper ride hieght). I swapped the front but not the rears. I like it with the green fronts but am going to try the black rears just yet.
That's what I have as well. I'm using those springs due to the extra weight of the 2200kv Truggy motor.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

lowcel--Adam runs that servo saver arm on his cars. They just got back in stock so I have one on order and will be putting it on my car when I get it.

Hate2Looz-- I run the black rear springs and the stiffer rear swaybar on my 8-E. I have not really run outdoor with the car yet. The only outdoor experience I had was on a blue groove smooth track. I like the stiffer rear springs that take out roll (with the swaybar) to support the rear end. I run on tracks with pretty good traction though. Go back down in springs if that is how you feel comfortable. Make the car work for you. If the cars were one size fits all there would not be tuning options!
Old 05-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
lowcel--Adam runs that servo saver arm on his cars. They just got back in stock so I have one on order and will be putting it on my car when I get it.

Hate2Looz-- I run the black rear springs and the stiffer rear swaybar on my 8-E. I have not really run outdoor with the car yet. The only outdoor experience I had was on a blue groove smooth track. I like the stiffer rear springs that take out roll (with the swaybar) to support the rear end. I run on tracks with pretty good traction though. Go back down in springs if that is how you feel comfortable. Make the car work for you. If the cars were one size fits all there would not be tuning options!
Oh, I don't have a problem going back to the nitro setup, I was just curious as to what everybody else was finding, that's all. I like to experiment, that's the fun in it!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Tech Prophet

I feel the nitro rear is too soft for my liking. I have never run the nitro 8 so not sure how it feels on that car but I felt the kit setup (basically the nitro setup) was too rolly. (is that a word ). I stiffened up both ends and like how the car feels more consistant to me.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Smile

What steering servo are people using???

Cheers
Old 05-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

7955TG Hi-Tec all the way!
Old 05-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Prophet

JR9100S. Love it!
Old 05-11-2010, 10:26 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default casper

I SUCKED THIS WEEKEND RACING, I DONY KNOW WHAT IT WAS? MY FRIEND RACED HIS TEKON CHASSIS ON HIS CAR AND HE WAS 3 SEC FASTER ALL OVER THE TRACK. THEN IN THE MAIN I STRIPPED A 45 TOOTH SPUR! MAN I NEED TO START OVER ON A SETUP. WHAT SPUR DO U USE ON THE CAR. WHAT SETUP WOULD U SAY TO USE ON AN OUTDOOR TRACK???
Old 05-11-2010, 11:12 PM
Tech Regular

Casper, I know what ya mean by (rolly). I ran my losi for the first time this week and it seemed to have a lot of chassis roll, side to side. It would roll over and if there was a bump or rut it seemed to really unsettle it. I haven't tried the heavier rear sway-bar yet. I'm afraid the heavier sway-bar will make it too loose. Should I go with heavier front oil or a heavier front sway bar if its too loose? I did try your oil and piston set-up in the front and I liked the way it jumped and turned.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Hey Chris View Post

Cheers
AE DS1015.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Cheers
Ace DS1015, same as AE DS1015 but $10 cheaper.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77 View Post
I SUCKED THIS WEEKEND RACING, I DONY KNOW WHAT IT WAS? MY FRIEND RACED HIS TEKON CHASSIS ON HIS CAR AND HE WAS 3 SEC FASTER ALL OVER THE TRACK. THEN IN THE MAIN I STRIPPED A 45 TOOTH SPUR! MAN I NEED TO START OVER ON A SETUP. WHAT SPUR DO U USE ON THE CAR. WHAT SETUP WOULD U SAY TO USE ON AN OUTDOOR TRACK???
Are you still running the motor support under the motor? If so take that out. I think this is the leading cause of stripped spurs. As you have hard landings the chassis pushes up on the motor and messes up the spur gear.

I run the 43 on my car right now but that is because I run the 2100 on 3S and am running some pretty call cars. (20/43) I would stick with the 45 unless you are putting big pinions on your car.

For outdoor I would start with the kit setup and then tune from there. The kits setup is basically a nitro setup which should be good for outdoor. Without actually driving on a real 8th scale track yet with this car I don't have a baseline yet for real outdoor.

T&D-- A lighter front sway bar will add steering and make the rear end more loose. I like the extra front pack going to 55 pistons gave me. The stiffer rear springs, oil and sway bar made the rear end more consistant for me and allowed the rear end to rotate for the tighter tracks I run at. These "E" cars have a bit more weight in them with 4S setups then the nitro guys so we are going up in oils and springs to compensate. Does not hurt to give it a try. Swaybars are pretty easy to swap out if you don't like it and they give them to you in the kit so it is a no cost change. Don't be afraid to try stuff. That is the only way to learn.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:35 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Are you still running the motor support under the motor? If so take that out. I think this is the leading cause of stripped spurs. As you have hard landings the chassis pushes up on the motor and messes up the spur gear.

I run the 43 on my car right now but that is because I run the 2100 on 3S and am running some pretty call cars. (20/43) I would stick with the 45 unless you are putting big pinions on your car.

For outdoor I would start with the kit setup and then tune from there. The kits setup is basically a nitro setup which should be good for outdoor. Without actually driving on a real 8th scale track yet with this car I don't have a baseline yet for real outdoor.

T&D-- A lighter front sway bar will add steering and make the rear end more loose. I like the extra front pack going to 55 pistons gave me. The stiffer rear springs, oil and sway bar made the rear end more consistant for me and allowed the rear end to rotate for the tighter tracks I run at. These "E" cars have a bit more weight in them with 4S setups then the nitro guys so we are going up in oils and springs to compensate. Does not hurt to give it a try. Swaybars are pretty easy to swap out if you don't like it and they give them to you in the kit so it is a no cost change. Don't be afraid to try stuff. That is the only way to learn.
no rear motor mount.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Prophet

huh. Motor must have slipped or a rock or something. All the local stripped spurs around here were running the rear motor support.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Cheers

Hitec 7955 and you'll be laughing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.